Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.04

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
"Removed the ability for players being able to incorrectly jump huge distances when their ship was without fuel"

Why would people report this?

Why? Because it would seem to be rather obvious that it was unintended behaviour, i.e. an exploit:

Hey Cmdrs,

Just going to jump in here (no pun intended....) and clarify that this is a bug/exploit of the game and we will be investigating this. Whilst I understand your frustration regarding other issues in the game, I should also state that doing these types of jumps will flag your account on our anti-cheating pass and your accounts will be actioned against, if deemed fit. We have already noticed multiple jumps being flagged as a little out of the ordinary, so it would be advisable to refrain from attempting to reproduce this, or obtaining the info from OP as it may result in your accounts being actioned against.

Stay safe out there Cmdrs
o7

Ed - 21st Jan - "Thank you all of your continued patience and feedback whilst we continue to tune the balancing of the faction simulation"
Will - 24th Jan - "
thank you for the [faction simulation] feedback! We've sent it to the team for investigation."

Three and a half weeks later; no news, let alone any fixes. I understand that fixes might be hard and time consuming, but COMMUNICATING with the player base is not.

It needs to stop reporting it in text, specifically asteroid clusters, because that appears in the FSS view as you're zooming in on planets and stops it showing you the type of planet (the description is over-ridden by the blue-coloured messages).

Plus 1 on this

Wow - that was close. Finished collecting my 8 Guardian weapon blueprints and 172 technology components with 90 seconds to spare!

Please balance up the Guardian structure materials. You did a good job of sorting out the sentinel drops, but now I'm finding I'm having to relog a silly amount of times just to get sufficient Guardian Technology Components (usually maximum 4 modules per site and 282 are required to unlock the guardian technology modules! Divide 282 by 4 gives 71 - so simply visiting all of the sites won't be sufficient, relogging or as a minimum, visiting sites several times, is a must. Maybe it's your intention that the Guardian tech should be unlocked bit by bit - on an as required basis, but the distances involved mean it makes more sense to unlock everything in one go.

https://imgur.com/a/DDqhoqA - Synuefe NL-N C23-4 Planet B3, just follow the green line shooting the two towers to the left and you'll get at minimum 12 tech per re-log :)

What about the unmapped planets showing up as already mapped?

Will this fix the planetary mapped graphics bug? Was supposed to be fixed a patch ago, still occuring.

No fix for blue overlay sometimes showing around unmapped planets?

Indeed it is very surprising and disappointing that this bug is still not fixed, especially with the exploration focus of 3.3 and with DW2 happening.

Given that it's 3.5 weeks since the previous patch, the number of fixes in this patch is disappointing. In addition to the above, I would have expected FD to give higher priority to the following issues introduced since 3.3:

- pinned blueprints being forgotten (broken since 3.3 launch)
- detonation successful/# resource chunks freed no longer displayed in info panel - intended or not? (non-existent since 3.3.02, given the mining focus of 3.3 you would expect this to be addressed quickly)
- still no ability to invert FSS tuning axis (not present since 3.3 launch, surely control issues are high priority?)

Last edited:
I particularly welcome this fix:

Network

• Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing

< Keeping fingers crossed >

Thank you. [smile]

I don't want to seem ungrateful but honestly, given the vast numbers of bugs, both serious and minor, this list of fixes seems really small and largely irrelevant to most people's quality of life in the game. Disappointed.

+ 1

No fixes for the VR mismatched local star either, patch notes are sadly lacking for such a long gap between point releases. Anybody remember when we'd get patches like this every few days?

I mean, I can 'jump' using the SRV's thrusters (bound to my spacebar), but when I hear 'BOOST', I think of a forward speed boost (like the ships).

Indeed it is very surprising and disappointing that this bug is still not fixed, especially with the exploration focus of 3.3 and with DW2 happening.

Given that it's 3.5 weeks since the previous patch, the number of fixes in this patch is disappointing. In addition to the above, I would have expected FD to give higher priority to the following issues introduced since 3.3:

- pinned blueprints being forgotten (broken since 3.3 launch)
- detonation successful/# resource chunks freed no longer displayed in info panel - intended or not? (non-existent since 3.3.02, given the mining focus of 3.3 you would expect this to be addressed quickly)
- still no ability to invert FSS tuning axis (not present since 3.3 launch, surely control issues are high priority?)

Nothing on the BGS?

I am dissappoint.

Ed - 21st Jan - "Thank you all of your continued patience and feedback whilst we continue to tune the balancing of the faction simulation"
Will - 24th Jan - "
thank you for the [faction simulation] feedback! We've sent it to the team for investigation."

Three and a half weeks later; no news, let alone any fixes. I understand that fixes might be hard and time consuming, but COMMUNICATING with the player base is not.

Yeah surely this is a joke, they've broken every single VA profile out there if true. Cancel this patch until reverted.

Will this fix the planetary mapped graphics bug? Was supposed to be fixed a patch ago, still occuring.

No fix for blue overlay sometimes showing around unmapped planets?

Seems mighty lacking in the fix department...
And here I was hoping the messed up BGS that has been incorrectly handling playergroups would finally be addressed. Glad we fixed controller binds though /s.

So, does the BGS work yet?

Let's see how many game-breaking, playergroup-killing BGS bugs have been squashed in this update...

What about the unmapped planets showing up as already mapped? And the election bugs like giving the opposing side influence?

Has the FSS scanning bug been fixed? Where it doesn't give planetary info on first scan for atmospheric and volcanic activity planets.

Mamba landing gear?

Ok, Great to see some fixes, but seems a bit light on the patch notes? This represents only a small number of known bugs. Any news on a longer list of fixes?

And no news for NGS bugs????
@Will

Thanks for the patch notes, this trend of having them *before* the release is really appreciated.

On the other hand, given the still great number of open issues, can we get an up to date known bugs list somewhere in the Bug report forums so we can avoid some n-uplicated posts over there?

Thanks

it is something. but still insufficient.

I don't want to seem ungrateful but honestly, given the vast numbers of bugs, both serious and minor, this list of fixes seems really small and largely irrelevant to most people's quality of life in the game. Disappointed.

Hello FD,

perhaps you could consider NOT releasing any fixes, as there are so many people upset about what you have managed to fix!

Thanks for the fixes!

Last edited:
I mean, I can 'jump' using the SRV's thrusters (bound to my spacebar), but when I hear 'BOOST', I think of a forward speed boost (like the ships).

Yeah, I think Will means the "vertical thrusters" (i.e. what the controls menu calls it, unless there's something else entirely!).

Top Bottom