Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.04

Why is everyone falling over this... they changed the Default Context controller profile to fit more essential bindings on they havent removed any binding options. If you're using the Default Context controller setup a) you shouldn't be, it's not good. Bind your own with proper 6DOF. b) If you want you can put everything back exactly how it was after 4 seconds in the controls menu, as all the options remain in game, exactly as it was before.

For real. Check the original post and formatting. For real.

I misread indeed, thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:
Hello anorak48,

This is for the issue with Squadron chat only.

We're looking into the crashing issue when being interdicted, and hope to have some more information regarding it soon. :)

did you fix the dolphin heat bug and sneak small seismic charges into the patch by any chance... there's custard creams and brownies if you say yes?

Wondering if the wing mining fix for motherlode asteroids does anything about the following bugs I regularly experience when I try core mining with a wing or with multi-crew:
  • Chunks spawning 2~5km out when blasting surface deposits (after cracking open the rock)
  • Inability to target fissures when a wingmate launches a prospector limpet
  • Inability to manually detonate or disarm charges when they're blind-fired into fissures (ties in with entry above)
  • Inability to disarm own charges when charges from multiple players are fired into a rock ("Disarm Charge" and "Detonate Now" display, but disarming the charge counts down to 0 then does nothing, no disarm)
  • Inability to disarm or detonate own charges when they're the only charges in the asteroid
  • Seismic Charges not cracking the asteroid open even when the optimum yield is reached ("detonation failed")
  • (Multi-Crew) Game crashing when attempting to disarm or detonate seismic charges as the gunner role

Why is everyone falling over this... they changed the Default Context controller profile to fit more essential bindings on they havent removed any binding options. If you're using the Default Context controller setup a) you shouldn't be, it's not good. Bind your own with proper 6DOF. b) If you want you can put everything back exactly how it was after 4 seconds in the controls menu, as all the options remain in game, exactly as it was before.

For real. Check the original post and formatting. For real.

all game settings reset all key bindings gone etc i said it earlier i am old(60) and have short term memory problems i can't remember what all my settings was and it should not of happened in the 1st place most probably won't remember this tomorrow. lol

all game settings reset all key bindings gone etc i said it earlier i am old(60) and have short term memory problems i can't remember what all my settings was and it should not of happened in the 1st place most probably won't remember this tomorrow. lol

Yeah, sorry I was responding to people misreading the galaxy map/system map thing, which has been needlessly troubling people since this morning. The problem you're experiencing is absolutely infuriating but is unfortunately a known bug since the game first came out.

It happens sometimes. Back up your bindings files regularly, they're %USER%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options

Pretty much all of us have been there.

Last edited:
So 9 bugs down 46298 to go. :D

And they couldn't even do that right, probably broken even more than they fixed!

If I was Sir David Braben right now I would be going completely ape, would be descending on those responsible like a Silverback Gorilla beating my chest and flinging P45's and official warnings left right and center then watch as 109 bugs get fixed on next months update :D

And they couldn't even do that right, probably broken even more than they fixed!

If I was Sir David Braben right now I would be going completely ape, would be descending on those responsible like a Silverback Gorilla beating my chest and flinging P45's and official warnings left right and center then watch as 109 bugs get fixed on next months update :D

Pretty sure everyone at fdev is happy you are nowhere near in charge

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry I was responding to people misreading the galaxy map/system map thing, which has been needlessly troubling people since this morning. The problem you're experiencing is absolutely infuriating but is unfortunately a known bug since the game first came out.

It happens sometimes. Back up your bindings files regularly, they're %USER%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options

Pretty much all of us have been there.

now your'e getting too technical for me lol. next time i will take a screenshot of my settings when it is working again. all i want to do is a play the game without the hassle.

BGS

• Fixed an issue where we thought it would be a good idea to give a blanket 4% influence for total victory regardless of the size of the system. Total victory will now reward players with all available influence locked between the two factions and all assets.

Last edited:
Pretty sure everyone at fdev is happy you are nowhere near in charge
I bet they are! There would be none of this taking a week to fix 2 bugs larking about tolerated on my watch.

Incidentally if Mr Braben would like to hire me as Chief Staff Motivation Officer I am currently available. I can bring my own whip and cattle prod... :D

Top Bottom