Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.04

Any chance of fixing npc ships in conflict zones with zero sub-systems, drives etc. using frameshift drive to escape destruction with 4% health?

Getting tired of chasing ships that can out accelerate me with no drives and within seconds use frameshift drive to escape.

I've got no drives and I'm a sitting duck when they just vanish.

My Anaconda v asp scout and away they go!

Offset by new game-crashing bugs. IIRC, the game is less stable now that it was yesterday.

That's exactly what I am finding. The keyboard disconnect error after reading a message is back again today. Now impossible for me to pay off a wanted fine today. Also graphic performance very jerky.

+1 to low frame rate and choppy sound and graphics. Sometimes fps goes into 30s. And that's lot of people reported. And I got 1070.
And lots of GPU memory leaks. It can go as far as 95% after few hours of the game play.

When is that going to be looked at.
Used to work perfectly before chapter 4 update.

For the 'reacharounds' comment, I'm surprised you're still on the forum, let alone available to hire.
What? No idea what you are talking about there pal. I was just referring to a reacharound hug, like this

171xNxbehind-the-back.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hWWQWjcjXR.jpg

Maybe it means something different to you in Texas? No idea.

Mining

• Fixed motherlode asteroids not spawning the appropriate material chunks when correctly destroyed by a Wing of players

Does this also fix the "detonation failed" issue that tends to go with this? Seems whenever I've tried to blow rocks with other players in the vicinity (wing or not), we either get a detonation with no results (that this explicitly fixes) or "detonation failed" with or without charges exploding, *regardless* of the charges being optimal.

Exploration

• Stopped the 'System Scan Complete' message spamming the player
Definitely not fixed on PS4.

And for the folks wondering about the removal of the galaxy and system map shortcuts, it's only a removal of the default short cut keys, not the commands themselves. You just need to manually map them now if you're using the default controller mappings.

Good to see the superjump exploit was fixed!

I feel like it'd only be fair though, to remove discovery tags that were gotten through cheating, like the ones on the Ex Cancri cluster and NGC 188.
NGC 188 was visited a few days ago by a player that cheated, and if it can ever be reached legitimately, i feel like it's unfair to be beaten to the punch by someone who cheated..

Makes sense. ( if in fact that is the case )

Last edited:

DeletedUser191218

D
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms at 11:30 AM (UTC) today for approximately 30 minutes as we apply the 3.3.04 patch.

Thank you for your patience and we'll see you in the black!

Please find the patch notes below:

Comms

• Fixed an issue where Xbox clients failed to connect to the different comms channels

Controls

• Updated 'Classic Context' control scheme to allow the SRV boost button to work correctly once again, and to remove the conflict between handbrake and cycle fire groups
  • Note - we have had to reassign and in some cases remove some shortcuts. The full list of changes are:
- Moved headlights and cargo scoop to the Y/Triangle button and d-pad directions
- Moved open discovery and camera suite to X/Square button and shoulder buttons
- Moved cycle fire group to Y/Triangle and right d-pad
- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel)​

Crashes/Stability

• Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a wing mission
  • Fixed crash that could occur when destroying skimmers

Exploration

General

• Removed the ability for players being able to incorrectly jump huge distances when their ship was without fuel
  • Fixed some visual artifacts that could occur in Thargoid conflict zones

Mining

• Fixed motherlode asteroids not spawning the appropriate material chunks when correctly destroyed by a Wing of players

Network

• Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing

Until you fix the Krait canopy bug, I won't be returning.

Any chance of fixing npc ships in conflict zones with zero sub-systems, drives etc. using frameshift drive to escape destruction with 4% health?

Getting tired of chasing ships that can out accelerate me with no drives and within seconds use frameshift drive to escape.

I've got no drives and I'm a sitting duck when they just vanish.

My Anaconda v asp scout and away they go!

I have a way of avoiding this issue when Bounty Hunting in RESs etc, it might work in a Conflict Zone.

If you target the whole ship not just systems when their hull goes to zero they explode every time. Not good for piracy I know but I don't pirate.

Now some ships have jumped away from me but they had significant hull left and if everything else was at zero I wouldn't know about it so wasn't upset at anyone other than myself for not getting to them before they started charging the FSD.

However for anyone trying to merely disable ships to loot them I can see this being an issue.

Forum Posts suggest that Neofabric Insulation was "Switched Off" in a previous Patch Update thus making the aquisition of Non-Corrosive Cargo Racks more difficult to obtain.

Is this actually true as I cannot find it in Patch Notes?

Has it been Re-instated since?

What other technology is effectively broken (if any) along the same lines?

Cheers

Drewpan

It needs to stop reporting it in text, specifically asteroid clusters, because that appears in the FSS view as you're zooming in on planets and stops it showing you the type of planet (the description is over-ridden by the blue-coloured messages).

You're right, it infuriates.

My game crashes 75% of the time I come out of FSD. I have been playing for hours so this is off of a huge sample size. I have sent lots ofcrash reports so please developers havefun withmy notes.... and use me to fix this

• Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing
Wow! I don't know what you just did over there but this is the first time I can actually enjoy the game. Played for 12 hours straight after this patch and no single disconnect. Before that I was having DCs every 5-15 minutes and tech support was of no use because they have an agenda, they won't stop trying to find what they call a 'local issue' with your internet connection. Strangely enough the last patch fixed all my "local issues' at once.

Exploration

Pity that this one didn't work out. I still get the "Systen Scan Complete" announcement multiple times in system that contain multiple stars and little else.

In addition, I now also get a ~0.5 seconds video refresh interruption (i.e. my rift showing an hourglass and not reacting to head movement) roughly 2 seconds into almost every jump.
The same hourglass repeatedly for some time after each game startup.

used the only ship i can avoid interdictions with my python it has a unladen jump range of 26.76 ly and 18.74 fully laden range but will jump a maximum of 9ly laden now this is the 1st i have used it since the so called update to fix bugs but so far it has busted more than it has cured for me someone please contact me either through the ps 4 or here to let me know when they fix it if ever as i wont play elite now until fixed got my 100% so i have no need to.

Top Bottom