Update - 3.7.10

No sure is it due to this patch, I found the combat rank stuck on Dangerous 32% forever. I have destroied over 20 private ships with ranking Deadly or Elite. Could you please check.
My crew with ranking Dangerous increased 3% but I got zero. I hope you can fix the issue.

No sure is it due to this patch, I found the combat rank stuck on Dangerous 32% forever. I have destroied over 20 private ships with ranking Deadly or Elite. Could you please check.
My crew with ranking Dangerous increased 3% but I got zero. I hope you can fix the issue.

Your crew gets the same xp you get - but the scales differs.
So if they got xp, you got too. And if they got 3% increase at Dangerous Rank, you probably got like 0.3% or less

Your crew gets the same xp you get - but the scales differs.
So if they got xp, you got too. And if they got 3% increase at Dangerous Rank, you probably got like 0.3% or less
I see, so can I say it is normal to destroy thousand or more high rank private ships before I can promote to Deadly?

I see, so can I say it is normal to destroy thousand or more high rank private ships before I can promote to Deadly?
Yes, a search around will find the 'working out' of how many elite ranked ships need to be blown up to progress through each rank... You may be surprised ;)
ETA: Remember that your NPC crew is taking 50% of your 'experience points' also, at least while aboard the ship you are flying, even if they are never deployed.

Quite sad but I can remember playing 'trek' on a prime mainframe using a tele-printer and a punch tape for storage, screen (printing a new page ) refresh was about 30 seconds.
That was very early 70s, 71 or 72 I think. First I had the use of was a Binatone Tennis that I got for Xmas, I think it was a Binatone TV master or something like that.
around 1975 or 76.

Be grateful you are not on Deadly yet then...
But - on occasion updating progress happens slowly and eventually catches up in the next play session.

Thanks. It is ok if it is the phase every Commander will need to experience. I just wonder how many ships still need to shoot in order to promote the ranking.

Thanks. It is ok if it is the phase every Commander will need to experience. I just wonder how many ships still need to shoot in order to promote the ranking.
The last few % on Dangerous & Deadly seemed to literally crawl for me - but keep on hitting it and you will get there!

As they say, once you get to Dangerous you are as good as any other Deadly or Elite. Because getting to Elite is not a matter of skill, but a matter of perseverance

However, you should avoid using the SLF crew if you want to rank faster. At lower ranks their cut on your XP is not that noticeable, but once you get Dangerous...
And if i'm not mistaken - from Deadly to Elite you need to kill 2000 elite ships? Was that the number?

As they say, once you get to Dangerous you are as good as any other Deadly or Elite. Because getting to Elite is not a matter of skill, but a matter of perseverance

However, you should avoid using the SLF crew if you want to rank faster. At lower ranks their cut on your XP is not that noticeable, but once you get Dangerous...
And if i'm not mistaken - from Deadly to Elite you need to kill 2000 elite ships? Was that the number?
When I use my Cutter to haul a large amount of precious goods I will use SLF and go with my crew.

I usually fly with my Anaconda myself. I wonder need 2000 kills to get promoted. Thanks for the head up.

Last edited:
Well when you reach Deadly rank you will have got half the XP needed to reach from Harmless to Elite, so look in stats to see how many you have shot so far and you will need that many or more (lower ranks provide less XP) to get to Elite.

Top Bottom