Update from Frontier about the COVID-19 Situation

damn you quoted my post just as I was deleting it.
I sounded so bitter :D

I just think the whole "quarantine" thing is not working properly when they close "low risk" offices, but let places with a large flow of random people be open.
I'm not in the UK, but I guess it's the same deal.
Oh well.
Im in Pennsylvania. Supermarkets in my area are pretty much empty, we gotta get food from somewhere lol

Do try to stay safe and healthy.

I know somebody who (because of the Coronavirus) asked his boss if he could work from home. His boss did not say no, but asked "Can you operate a JCB from a third floor flat?".

I was in town yesterday, and there was a half mile queue outside a store that was reputed to have received a large delivery of toilet rolls. It wasn't all that bad; there were only 10 people in the queue!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We’d like to take a moment to update you all on what’s happening at Frontier with regards to COVID-19, and what you can expect from us in the foreseeable future.

In order to safeguard the health and safety of all Frontier employees, we are implementing a work from home policy across the studio.

Frontier’s games and channels bring joy to the community, and we are all united in our love of these fantastic worlds and the positive impact they produce; this is why we are working hard to avoid any disruption and will do our very best to keep you updated and entertained throughout this challenging time.

Our games will continue to be supported (including online functionality), and at the moment we do not anticipate any major changes to our plans across all titles. However, with the situation changing daily, we will keep you informed and appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to bring the best gaming experiences to our players. Our Communications team will continue to be active across our channels, including forums, Reddit, Discord, and social media; our Customer Support team will continue to offer help and support through our dedicated support channels, and game teams will continue their work on future updates and releases.

As an added precaution, we are restricting work-related travel for the time being, which means we are not attending any events at the current time.

Our hearts and minds are with you and your family; we will continue to monitor the global situation and will adjust our operations as necessary, and keep you posted.
Please stay safe and healthy, and thank you for your ongoing patience and support.

Take care,

The Frontier team 🧡

Excellent news and well done to all concerned. Clearly the industry is much better placed than many to do this but it's no small effort to coordinate 300 or so people like that in a relatively short time period.

What it also means is that if some people do need to come into the office it's, ironically, a pretty safe place to be.

What it also means is that if some people do need to come into the office it's, ironically, a pretty safe place to be.
Yeah.. thinking of Dav Stott and his Network Crew! Stay safe guys'n'gals! o7

edit:... talking of which:

Last edited:
My car has silent running fitted so I’m quite happy to pop up the A12 to Cambridge and smuggle in Food Cartridges, can’t promise loo roll, to keep Dav and the team going. Stuff the next Era, we need those servers running smoothly. ;)

In all seriousness, glad to hear Frontier (and all those that can) are getting staff to work from home. I’m freelance, today has seen my diary empty completely until May....and who knows what will happen then. Wishing every Cmdr around the world the best.

Stay safe everyone. Obviously the safety of the employees and the community at large comes first, if that means postponing or even canceling updates/DLC than clearly that is just how it'll be. Lets get through this.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom