Guide / Tutorial UPDATED : List of Materials at DAV'S Hope(Pictorial)

19 APR 2018 : NEW(other places like DAV'S HOPE) :
Thanks to CMDR Rob Galaxy for giving me this CANONN treasure chest :
(Huge thanks to CANONN as always)
SURFACE SITES https://canonn.science/codex/surface-sites/

All the following sites have materials spread around them(and data from a data point, and comms uplinks). The comms uplinks tell a story......
Info on a few I have been to :

Communication Array Delta 69 https://canonn.science/codex/communication-array-delta-69/
FROM SHINRARTA : 169 LY
DISTANCE(from entry star) : 2400 Ls
GRAVITY : 0.09
DATA : G1-G3
MATS : G1-G2
COMMS UPLINKS : 5

Jackson Enterprise https://canonn.science/codex/jackson-enterprise/
FROM SHINRARTA : 155 LY
DISTANCE(from entry star) : 1800 Ls
GRAVITY : 0.03
COMMS UPLINKS : 3(2 dead)

Mayes Chemical Plant https://canonn.science/codex/mayes-chemical-plant/
FROM SHINRARTA : 125 LY
DISTANCE(from entry star) : 1970 Ls
GRAVITY : 0.10
COMMS UPLINKS : 4

*** BEST ONE SO FAR ***
Research Facility 5592 https://canonn.science/codex/research-facility-5592/
FROM SHINRARTA : 140 LY
DISTANCE(from entry star) : 2200 Ls
GRAVITY : 0.20
MATS : G1-G4(2 places have chem man)
COMMS UPLINKS : 4

WHAT IS DAV'S HOPE?
What is Dav's Hope ?
An outpost on a planet in the middle of nowhere, where you can farm Materials :)
IMHO purely a gift towards making Engineering less of a grind for those who want to Engineer.
It is perfect for both FD and us, they are not giving away the family silver(Grade 5) and we can collect many materials in one place, over and over.
Where is Dav's Hope ?
HYADES SECTOR DR-V c2-23 (A5) at 44.818 / -31.389
===========
===========
===========
27th FEB 3304(2018) : Chapter One 3.0 released.
I am at Dav's Hope :
1. All 10 material spawn locations are still there
2. Mode switching,to replenish spawns, still works
3. Still getting the usual spread of materials(including Chem. Man.)
So all is still good now that our Materials storage has been hiked :)

p.s. Now that we can trade mats, My last 10 runs:
OVER ALL AVERAGE : Grade 2.63
(if you're very lucky,and FD have no cap here,you can pick up up to 8 Grade 4s in theory)
---just did a run with 6 grade 4s,that's 18 grade 4s(Remember that for each pick up you get 3 items added to your inventory :) So a whole run will net you 30 items.)

p.p.s Crystal Shards and Basic Conductors are new to DH
===========
===========
===========
Dav's Hope. There are those that hate engineering no matter what,and those who love it no matter what.
Then there are those that love engineering but think the endless excessive grind ruins it.
Dav's Hope keeps these Cmdrs still interested in Engineering.

INSTRUCTIONS
This is a follow-on to my previous thread, 2 months ago. (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/354425-List-of-goodies-at-Dav-s-Hope)

Think of Dav's Hope as an Oval track:
1) Go round it clockwise or anti-clockwise.
2) Pick up all or some of the materials you see.
3) Once you have done a lap,log off in to the main menu.
4) Log back in(same or different game mode).
5) Repeat steps 1-4.
Avoid Open and Mobius,as usually someone is there already and has picked off what you want.
(If you go in to Open, I advise you to Dismiss your ship)

DAV'S HOPE MAP
File link --->>> https://i.imgur.com/LhOQjrA.jpg
(slightly larger --->>> https://i.imgur.com/ha5YjnP.jpg )
HYADES SECTOR DR-V c2-23 (A5)
LhOQjrA.jpg

What happens when you get stuck(ED ver. 2.3.11).
5RmWi3j.jpg

l0A3ZRY.jpg

CHEMICAL MANIPULATOR RUN
If it rolls , it isn't a Chem. Man.
If it isn't Cylindrical , it isn't a Chem Man.
p.s. MATUVELTAN currently in FAMINE and 31LY from Dave's Hope(1 AUG 2017)
codAVuF.jpg

CONDUCTIVE CERAMICS RUN
One option is to do a small circuit around these 2 point,but this method of standing still and mode switching is 4 to 5 times faster.
p.s. When I say "Big yellow circle" I meant "Big yellow star" :)
vJ0eN7S.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. +1 rep. I've been stuck once, but was able to get out by relogging while in the SRV and moving my throttle in varying levels of reverse while logging on. (Same method as when I got stuck at the alien crash site). I guess it might not always work though.

Nice pics. +1 rep. I've been stuck once, but was able to get out by relogging while in the SRV and moving my throttle in varying levels of reverse while logging on. (Same method as when I got stuck at the alien crash site). I guess it might not always work though.

I messed about for 10 mins, forwards, backwards,turning steering. Also various amounts of throttle(even a harmonic increase/decrease throttle of sorts too) , but no ! Got out in the end.

the last time I went there, I went off for an explore with the SRV in the direction of the red arrows on your image (so heading off the bottom of the image) and there is a small automated mining place with rouge skimmers and turrets with small bounties on them which is between 6km and 10km away, though not much else, then I headed from that automated mining place (assuming the same top-down orientation as your image) left and found 3 different sites with about ~5 canisters each of higher value metals ranging from gallium/silver to platinum/palladium with the average being gold, two of the places are marked as needing a mission and are shown at a few KM away so are easy to find, though you can still take the canisters as they are marked as "legal" salvage and one of the places has skimmers that launch which also have bounties on them, there is also a 4th place with more salvageable high value canister which is also a mission place, which relative to the above image would be left of Dav's Hope which are directly atop the steep distant high-ground.

so you can leave with ~25k in local bounties to collect, and ~100k to 150k in metals, assuming you don't have the missions, if you have the missions then I would assume more.

the last time I went there, I went off for an explore with the SRV in the direction of the red arrows on your image (so heading off the bottom of the image) and there is a small automated mining place with rouge skimmers and turrets with small bounties on them which is between 6km and 10km away, though not much else, then I headed from that automated mining place (assuming the same top-down orientation as your image) left and found 3 different sites with about ~5 canisters each of higher value metals ranging from gallium/silver to platinum/palladium with the average being gold, two of the places are marked as needing a mission and are shown at a few KM away so are easy to find, though you can still take the canisters as they are marked as "legal" salvage and one of the places has skimmers that launch which also have bounties on them, there is also a 4th place with more salvageable high value canister which is also a mission place, which relative to the above image would be left of Dav's Hope which are directly atop the steep distant high-ground.

so you can leave with ~25k in local bounties to collect, and ~100k to 150k in metals, assuming you don't have the missions, if you have the missions then I would assume more.

Thanks for that but everything you described were instanced just for you. I might be wrong , but the only permanent thing in A5 is Dav's Hope :)

Thanks for that but everything you described were instanced just for you. I might be wrong , but the only permanent thing in A5 is Dav's Hope :)

I will be going past there later, so I will call in and see, though I can see the cargo may be instanced, but the small automated mining place maybe not, as there is a structure there and a trespass zone, two rouge turrets besides the two rouge skimmers.

I will be going past there later, so I will call in and see, though I can see the cargo may be instanced, but the small automated mining place maybe not, as there is a structure there and a trespass zone, two rouge turrets besides the two rouge skimmers.

Usually instances :)

Usually instances :)

your right! just tried it, went back to the same spot (44.59, -32.01), this time it was something else at the same spot with a data point and rouge skimmer, I then retried (quite back to main menu once back at Dav's), and there was nothing at the same spot, but traveling a bit further out on the same radial out from Dav's Hope (~242deg) I found a crashed satellite also with a data point about 450m further.

Added CHEM MAN run to 1st post.

your right! just tried it, went back to the same spot (44.59, -32.01), this time it was something else at the same spot with a data point and rouge skimmer, I then retried (quite back to main menu once back at Dav's), and there was nothing at the same spot, but traveling a bit further out on the same radial out from Dav's Hope (~242deg) I found a crashed satellite also with a data point about 450m further.

:)

Damn Dognosh, seems i have to spread some more Wasp0 love to rep you again, just been to the supermarket and topped up the trolly for some more Engineers spins.

Mucho Thanks my friend.

Virtual Rep for you!

Thanks Dognosh. I have the Chemical Manipulators.
Now I need Tungsten. It seems as soon as you get a material to move forward a step, you need something else to carry on.

I think LimoncelloLizard said Tungsten has been nerfed.
What I'd like to know is what type of outcrop does Tungsten appear in. I'm on LHS 1122 and after cracking all the outcrops I know about there is nothing.
Done about forty outcrops of different types. Getting sick of it.

Found Tungsten. It appears in most of the different named outcrops. (Strange)

And this is the other thread that I got mixed up with. Sorry!

Last edited:
Top Bottom