Updated Size Comparison Chart

I have updated my size comparison chart for Beta 1.03 (no imperial fighters as I haven't found any).

Size comparison chart (Beta 1.03):

c9PtVWW.png
I am 90% sure that the displayed sizes are within 10% of their respective true sizes. This chart is most likely to be accurate, but there is a chance it could be wrong.

Here is the previous thread.

Last edited:
Cool! Am very surprised the Type 6 is so small. Looks a bit weird to me both vs. the Type 9 and the Cobra (i.e. weird that the Cobra is quite a bit bigger.

Perhaps the difference is that the Type 6 is much taller than a Cobra.... in which case a side-by-side frontal comparison would also be extremely interesting.

Again - nice job.

Very cool! What did you use for specifications, or are you eyeballing it?

I zipped up to each ship exactly 250m away. There might be slight variance from their actual sizes as I used a few perspective algorithms for any that weren't exactly dead on. Getting ships in the right perspective and position is extremely difficult.

This is my ship in real life, 142m length 24m beam, draught of 5.7m and air draught of 47.1m

Gross tonnage of 14,759 tonnes, can carry about 6500 tonnes of cargo.

1467537.jpg

I would think the anaconda handles better, though I haven't piloted one :D

I would think pretty much ANYTHING handles better!

Great stuff. I also think the T6 is a bit on the smallish size. Isn't the cargo cap 220t vs the Cobra's 36t? I know the Cobra has to make room for weapons but still..

It'll be great to see how these relate to other things. I remember landing my Cobra in frontier by buildings and it be about the size of a small church.

The concept drawings show a pilot by a Sidewinder and the pilot looked very small compared to it so I can imagine the bigger ships are BIG.

This is my ship in real life, 142m length 24m beam, draught of 5.7m and air draught of 47.1m

Gross tonnage of 14,759 tonnes, can carry about 6500 tonnes of cargo.

1467537.jpg

I would think the anaconda handles better, though I haven't piloted one :D

I reckon I can get that through the docked into port at my usual 100m/s.
:D:cool::D

I would think pretty much ANYTHING handles better!

You might be surprised.
He's got double bow thrusters and probably double Becker rudders and controllable pitch propellers as well. Those ships handle better than you might think. Acceleration might be a bit slow though. :)

You might be surprised.
He's got double bow thrusters and probably double Becker rudders and controllable pitch propellers as well. Those ships handle better than you might think. Acceleration might be a bit slow though. :)

He? I thought all ships were "she's"??>> It's an important issue as it has implications for my virtual ship's name, so pls clarify. :)

Top Bottom