Ships Upgrade after Cobra 3?

My vote, Krait Mk II. Handles great, have slots to make her fight, haul, explore, or just kick around. The Phantom is nice but this is my favorite ride that can handle a wide variety of jobs.

Im enjoying my Cobra MK3. Im able to fight more than one pirate and not have to look at the rebuy screen like I did in the eagle.

I can also do cargo missions that pay pretty good for a new player. It's a good all around ship IMO.

What would be the next ship upgrade that is as well rounded as the Cobra?

What was your upgrade ship? I enjoy doing a little of everything. Is the answer buying multiple ships from here out?

My multi-purpose route was (couple of years ago) Cobra 3 - Asp Explorer - Python. But in those times, the situation was different.

Today I would probably suggest to outfit a core minining equipment and mine Void Opals and other rare materials. When you are lucky, one Void Opal can be sold for 1.600.000 Cr and you can have something like 16 VOs from one asteroid. In relatively short time you can have something like 150M-200M Cr and buy a decent Python, Krait Mk II. or maybe Krait Phantom (if you like exploration).

How about the Alliance ships like the Challenger or the Chieftain? Price of the ship + A rated modules is about 60-70 million. You will have something that handles really awesome, packs a punch and even can haul some cargo ;)
You forgot the crusader. It is not a bad ship.

Im enjoying my Cobra MK3. Im able to fight more than one pirate and not have to look at the rebuy screen like I did in the eagle.

I can also do cargo missions that pay pretty good for a new player. It's a good all around ship IMO.

What would be the next ship upgrade that is as well rounded as the Cobra?

What was your upgrade ship? I enjoy doing a little of everything. Is the answer buying multiple ships from here out?
I would say the best one above the Cobra MK3 is the Krait Mk2. It has pretty much the same flexibility as the Cobra Mk3. The Python is another option but it tends to have less jump range than the Krait if you want to switch to exploration with it.

Greetings.

Trading, getting allied with all the local factions in a system for higher paying missions, take on a few passengers, attack security bases with missiles, gather materials from a USS or on a planet in an SRV, go check out the Guardian and Thargoid sites, and oh yes many players love it for deep space exploration. The Asp Explorer with at least some serious engineering on the thrusters and frame shift drive is a tool to get you where you want to go next in the game. With it's excellent engineered jump range a player will save time jumping around the bubble if they have a real life to deal with and limited time to play.

Combat I went Viper, Vulture, FAS and later Fer de Lance. But that is just me. To pay for it I went Cobra Mk III, Asp Explorer, Type-6/7 and Type-9 (when ED was easier) then the Python. Properly designed the Python is the ultimate credit making machine. It paid for all the other ships including the big 4 and others. The Python makes the credits. The Asp Explorer takes care of engineering materials and military ranks to unlock ships and gain system permits. For me neither was all that great in combat but they paid for the ships that were. Getting access to the Cutter added more credits then later I turned it into an awesome combat/trading ship. The combat Corvette takes out all enemy ships while I yawn. The Fer de Lance is now a dedicated PvP ship and the Asp Explorer gets me around to all the other ships and is a great meet-n-greet ship. The Alliance ships, Krait Mk II and Mamba totally engineered and designed for specific missions makes ED pretty easy to play.

Use the Python and Asp Explorer to access every other ship in the game including a lot of rebuys until you figure how best to fly them. Patience works figuring out what a ship can do and how to fly it. The Frontier Devs designed the ships so that as a player upgrades to larger ones it takes a different set of flying shills and past experience to become proficient with the next one. Getting too excited on the next ship purchase without outfitting it properly doesn't work out too well.

I hope this helps a little.

Regards

]

Last edited:
Top Bottom