Upgrading to next-gen with Planet Coaster: Console Edition

There is an Oswald-Eugene Counter - when it arrives to 100% you cant build more. With 12-13 attractions it has 100%
You can see it in this video:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhPPRjxSELE

minute (2:42:00)
WOW....That is EXTREMELY limited. So when they said the size of the area is the same as the PC version, it seems based on this video that you are limited to the amount of items you can place. In that video you posted, he did not have a ton of stuff in there and it seems like there is something amiss. When I watched some of the live streams from the devs they had parks that had a ton of scenery and rides.

Can a dev. please comment on this limitation? Is the limitation different for next gen consoles?

I am really hoping this is just for the tutorial and the early game access. Hopefully when the full release comes tomorrow it doesnt limit or it will feel like a waste of time and money

Last edited:
Hopefully we get a reaction today from the dev team or Chante. I already pre-ordered the game on PS4 so hopefully with a Patch they will allow you to build more or on the next-gen we don't get any limit.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hopefully we get a reaction today from the dev team or Chante. I already pre-ordered the game on PS4 so hopefully with a Patch they will allow you to build more or on the next-gen we don't get any limit.

The Oswald-Eugene Counter is there to keep your parks running smoothly by letting you know when your console is unable to process the park you're building. You will need to stop building when it pops up, and simply remove any unwanted items from your park. Then you can get back to building again.

There's more information about the Oswald-Eugene Counter in this thread:

The Oswald-Eugene Counter is there to keep your parks running smoothly by letting you know when your console is unable to process the park you're building. You will need to stop building when it pops up, and simply remove any unwanted items from your park. Then you can get back to building again.

There's more information about the Oswald-Eugene Counter in this thread:

Thanks for the update.

It wont let me get the 2 dlcs on ps5 when i bought the digital deluxe edition on ps4 it wont let me upgrade to the same version

Last edited:
Is there an official source how much next gen gives to the OEC (Oswald Eugene Counter) than the current gen? I've read it's 30% and higher, but there's no official claim to it. If someone could show me where the information first came from, that would be a big help. Thanks

Cause i bought the digital deluxe edition and i dont have any dlcs on ps5 when i bought the digital deluxe edition on ps4 and it is saying i cant upgrade to the same version

Last edited:
Cause i bought the digital deluxe edition and i dont have any dlcs on ps5 when i bought the digital deluxe edition on ps5 and it is saying i cant upgrade to the same version
I have the same issue too. I have contacted PSN and they couldn't help me.

From what I can work out it is due to the way the preorder DLC was done. If you look at the add ons that are installed on the PS4 it shows the DLC tagged as Pre-Order in the icons. It also shows the normal DLC as not purchased in the PlayStation Store. This makes me think that there are 2 versions of the DLC: one with the preorder bonus and one without and the one with the preorder bonus does not exist on the PS5. As the preorder Deluxe Edition doesn't purchase the normal versions that is why the DLC comes up as unpurchased on the PS5.

So I think this is something Frontier need to fix...

20201112_174941.jpg

Having the same issue, bought digital deluxe on ps4 but can't find a way to get the 2 dlc packs or the pre-order coaster for ps5.
Same issue here too. PS4 to PS5 upgrade is broken. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition on PS4. Then played on PS4, but when I grabbed the PS5 upgrade on my PS5 it only gave me the console edition, not the deluxe edition. No DLC and only option is to pay to get the DLC again.

Yea but i already did the upgrade so what do i do now cause it wont give me the dlc even though i bought the deluxe edition on ps4

Can a developer acknowledge the issue people are having with there free upgrades it is forcing people to buy the dlc again when they bought the digital deluxe edition of the game on ps4

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Hi folks,

We're investigating the issue, I can confirm that the DLC should work in the upgrade too so please don't rebuy it if you already have the content on PS4! We'll get a reply here once we have more information on it!

Cheers :)

Also i already did the upgrade to ps5 version so what happens there do i still get the dlc i do have a recipt for my pre order on ps4 of the deluxe edition

Top Bottom