Uploading Images and custom designs into the game

I can't help but remember a written observation by one of the Planet Zoo developers who stated "Good sign posting is essential for a well run park/zoo" this is entry 29 within their concept art pic. As someone who has studied zoo design for the past 20 years in every known aspect, I could not agree more. I now ask this question, to those who understand the possibilities and limitations of game programing much better than myself, can this feature be added to the game? I remember reading in a posting from one of the developers, that they had ran out of time while creating the base game, to allow for players to upload their own images and logos, a feature, that as far as I'm concern is available in Planet Coaster.

Adding this feature to the game would do wonders in exhibit design and overall zoo customization. For such a stellar game, this is an area where frontier definitely is lacking. While I give recognition to the creativity of many of the players who have uploaded their own custom maps and signs to the Steam workshop, they are neither realistic or practical, as not only the level of detail is poor, but the designs are extremely limited. Imagine being able to create a story for your zoo exhibit, thru sings, labels and interactive stations through out the zoo. We are able to already do this in a very limited capacity by creating text and adding it to the exhibit, but the possibilities would be endless if Frontier was to include this feature.

How difficult would it be for them to do this? If any of the developers or moderators cares to join in and answer this question, I'm sure many players would appreciate it. I'm including examples of images that could be uploaded into the game by players thus creating that feeling of realism that the game is currently missing. Thank you in advance for all of your input and feedback.

tapir4.png
antelopes22.jpg
ave1.jpg
brooke-dibble-sketch-a-day-brookedibble-1stjan17.jpg
brooke-dibble-sketch-a-day-brookedibble-1stjan17.jpg
zoo51344.jpg
gorilla2.png
gorilla18.jpg
oryx22.jpg
jaguar44.jpg
nyala1.jpg
tapir4.png

This feature could be implemented not only towards exhibit sings but also zoo billboards and banners, as this another while already existent, very limited feature of the game. The players would be able to create their own artwork, or upload already existing images from the web into banners, billboards and posters that act as black canvases. Just imagine creating your own zoo logos, maps
zoo3678.jpg
sign01.jpg
sign8900.jpg
map8.png
sign4119.jpg
zoo4778.jpg
sign5144.jpg
Zoo-design-logo.png
zoologo588.png
zoo3678.jpg
and corresponding advertising as well as marketing messages within your park grounds. The possibilities here are again endless, and it would be another great boost for the game.

Attachments

• colorafrica409.jpg
    colorafrica409.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 208
The inclusion of player uploaded images in the game would create an unlimited amount of customization for zoos, not only bringing realism to exhibit interpretative design but to all amenities within the game. One simple patch could add a variety of new features to the game. We could upload posters to waiting platforms, menus and advertisement to cafes and restaurants, the possibilities here are truly endless.

Attachments

• zoo7741.jpg
    zoo7741.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,579
  • zoobanner1.jpg
    zoobanner1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 191
  • zoobanner2.jpg
    zoobanner2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 224
  • zoobanner3.png
    zoobanner3.png
    435 KB · Views: 199
  • sign0223.jpg
    sign0223.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 198
  • sign00033.jpg
    sign00033.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 870
  • color5983.jpg
    color5983.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 233
  • menu1.jpg
    menu1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 220
  • menu2.jpg
    menu2.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 276
  • menu3.jpg
    menu3.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 197
The bird in the drawing I believe is a Trumpeter Hornbill, found in tropical forests of Africa as well as areas of Eastern South Africa. Hornbill are magnificent birds, there is such much variety of species within this family of birds. They would make for excellent additions to the Planet Zoo roster, especially given the size of many species. The two ground hornbill species are extremely popular in African Mixed species exhibits, and could complement the Savanna enclosures of Planet Zoo, that as we all know are lacking tremendously in the bird department. I'm certain however, that given the dedication of the developers of this game to give us an accurate zoo simulation game, a bird dlc will be on the works, and even possibly finished by now. My only concern is that with the very limited number of animal species that might be included in a dlc, not many hornbills will be able to join the roster, and that would truly be a shame, since they are spectacular. But that is the subject of another post.
Bird-African Grey Hornbill.jpgBird-Austen's Brown Hornbill.jpgBird-Black casqued Horbill.jpgBird-Bushy Crested Horbill.jpgBird-Dwarf Horbill.jpgBird-Great Horbill.jpgBird-Knobbed Hornbill.jpgBird-Malabar Grey Hornbill.jpgBird-Mindanao Hornbill.jpgBird-Northern Ground Hornbill.jpg

A few more species of Hornbills, there is just so many to choose from, It would be tough choosing some over others, as they are all in my opinion magnificent game additions.Bird-Plain Pouched Horbill.jpgBird-Redbilledhornbill.jpgBird-Rhinoceros Hornbill.jpgBird-rufous-necked hornbill.jpgBird-Silvery-cheeked hornbill.jpgBird-visayan hornbill.jpgBird-von der decken's hornbill.jpgBird-white crowned hornbill.jpgBird-White thighed hornbill.jpgBird-yellow casqued hornbill .jpg

Planet Coaster already has a custom billboard system, so I see no reason why they couldn't add the feature to Planet Zoo as well. It would definitely be welcomed.

I would love to see this option in the game! So many possibilities! In addition, I draw a lot of animals as an illustrator.

D74F28DF-888E-4544-9BEF-7C7F54B7D5A0.jpeg
8009C1BB-7A0F-45E4-993D-40EBD6244E8B.jpeg

I really want to a graphic identity to my zoos! Education board, map, etc.
I found this project on Behance for Chester Zoo:

148E3AD2-D24B-4CE9-9BC8-295AE21B4F49.png
D91FD670-437C-4025-A465-22859DC8EB2F.png
A64D0C42-871B-4436-AF44-D16869176D7C.png
38D8ED90-4342-4965-BB0D-EF99B2FE0716.png

I would love to see this option in the game! So many possibilities! In addition, I draw a lot of animals as an illustrator.

View attachment 168124View attachment 168126

I really want to a graphic identity to my zoos! Education board, map, etc.
I found this project on Behance for Chester Zoo:

View attachment 168127View attachment 168128View attachment 168129View attachment 168130

Beautiful designs, and spot on. This will change the current look of the game more than any new item the developers could bring to life. For every sign, map, banner or billboard that Planet Zoo could create there would be a billion possibilities with this feature. Also the current adventure theme sets would come to life in more realistic way to embrace the thematic design found through zoos. Is there the ability to resize objects in Planet Coaster? I ask because with this feature and looking and the scale of some of the objects in Planet Zoo and specifically the billboards in Planet Coaster, we will need from very diminutive sizes to larger ones, as a banner would obviously be much bigger in size than a zoo interpretive sign or even a menu for a restaurant wall.

I can't help but remember a written observation by one of the Planet Zoo developers who stated "Good sign posting is essential for a well run park/zoo" this is entry 29 within their concept art pic. As someone who has studied zoo design for the past 20 years in every known aspect, I could not agree more. I now ask this question, to those who understand the possibilities and limitations of game programing much better than myself, can this feature be added to the game? I remember reading in a posting from one of the developers, that they had ran out of time while creating the base game, to allow for players to upload their own images and logos, a feature, that as far as I'm concern is available in Planet Coaster.

Adding this feature to the game would do wonders in exhibit design and overall zoo customization. For such a stellar game, this is an area where frontier definitely is lacking. While I give recognition to the creativity of many of the players who have uploaded their own custom maps and signs to the Steam workshop, they are neither realistic or practical, as not only the level of detail is poor, but the designs are extremely limited. Imagine being able to create a story for your zoo exhibit, thru sings, labels and interactive stations through out the zoo. We are able to already do this in a very limited capacity by creating text and adding it to the exhibit, but the possibilities would be endless if Frontier was to include this feature.

How difficult would it be for them to do this? If any of the developers or moderators cares to join in and answer this question, I'm sure many players would appreciate it. I'm including examples of images that could be uploaded into the game by players thus creating that feeling of realism that the game is currently missing. Thank you in advance for all of your input and feedback.

View attachment 165643View attachment 165632View attachment 165633View attachment 165636View attachment 165636View attachment 165644View attachment 165638View attachment 165639View attachment 165640View attachment 165641View attachment 165642View attachment 165643
Sorry I ask these but what are those pictures? Planet Zoo concept arts or something else?

Top Bottom