Release v1.2.0 elgato stream deck button plugin for elite dangerous

sorry no idea what you are talking about... what PLUGIN are those pictures from and what does state0/1 mean?
where is this described in the SDK documentation?
built-in buttons in streamdeck have never had any problems with animated gifs.
read the chapters "Style Guide" complete and the chapter "Events Sent" in section setState from "Events Sent" in the SDK documentation

Last edited:
I'm also using 2004, and I've not seen any issues..

I assume that you installed the latest version of the plugin?

The plugin may not be running for some reason?
i.e. it crashes at startup because it can't find the elite files or maybe some missing dotnet framework files?

Is there any useful information in the log file:
%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.mhwlng.elite.sdPlugin

Just for a test, can you try to put the images in :
%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.mhwlng.elite.sdPlugin\Images
(probably won't make a difference):

No pre-configured profiles or button images are included with the plugin, so that's normal

p.s. I tested uninstall / reinstall the latest plugin version from github and that worked ok.
I'm using the latest streamdeck software (4.7.0..)

Hi, I'm not entirely sure what happened tbh ... I updated/installed some .NET bundles and a couple more streamdeck modules and then ended up rebooting a couple more times for something else (so about 50 reboots in a day!) and all of a sudden it started working ... I really wish I knew what it was that I did :)

Anyway, awesome plugin - thanks!

Thank you for this plugin! I came here looking to ask about the gif support too, thanks for clearing that up. Having that working functionality is more important than fancy shiny gifs =)

version 2.0.5

changed misnamed 'FSD button' to 'FSS button'

note that this button will have to be deleted and recreated

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for developing this plugin, I've been looking for something like that for the Stream Deck for a long time ^__^ The functions are very well thought off, and very useful!

I'm just having an issue with the icons.. the keys are working fine, triggering the respective functions, but the icon doesn't seem to change... is there any kind of directory restrictions or filetype? I used pngs, the same ones I used before with "regular" Stream Deck. Just changed the color for on and off.

I have the Stream Deck Mini

Last edited:
Hello
I've not heard of this problem before.
I don't have a mini to test.

Does the log file, in the plugin directory, give any errors ?

Did you test different functions?
The lights button is a good one to use for testing.

Can you please test with the images, that I provided with the plugin.
https://github.com/mhwlng/streamdeck-elite/tree/master/Elite/Images
and put them in the Images directory :

When I edit the images, the screen looks like :

JNvgppx.png

Are you sure that the On Image and Off Image are really different ?

Are you using the latest streamdeck software ?

Are you sure that you did NOT add an image in this way :

xkgy7uZ.png

The fip-elite application works ok for you, right ? This gets the game state data from the same place as this plugin.

Last edited:
Hello
I've not heard of this problem before.
I don't have a mini to test.

Does the log file, in the plugin directory, give any errors ?

Did you test different functions?
The lights button is a good one to use for testing.

Can you please test with the images, that I provided with the plugin.
https://github.com/mhwlng/streamdeck-elite/tree/master/Elite/Images
and put them in the Images directory :

When I edit the images, the screen looks like :

JNvgppx.png

Are you sure that the On Image and Off Image are really different ?

Are you using the latest streamdeck software ?

Are you sure that you did NOT add an image in this way :

xkgy7uZ.png

The fip-elite application works ok for you, right ? They get the game state data from the same place as this plugin.
Hello mhwlng,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Are you sure that you did NOT add an image in this way

Yes I did ^_^ I had to delete the key, redo it and then everything was flawless.

The fip-elite application works ok for you, right ?

It does, your applications are really enhancing the Elite experience.. thanks a lot!

I just picked up a classic Stream Deck for my D&D online games and went hunting to see if there was a plugin for Elite. Awesome stuff!

I assume the answer is no, but would there be some way to map power to particular modules for extreme silent running builds?

First off - thanks for all the work you've put into this - Got my XL this week and am having fun setting it up.

one question: Ive set up the Hyperspace buttons and the images for FSS and Jump options show "188" at the top of the buttons?
deckimage.jpeg

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• deckimage.jpeg
    deckimage.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 269
the button that you connected to the FSS icon is wrong

There are two functions that show a number at the top :
  • Toggle FSD, also shows Remaining Jumps In Route
  • Hyperspace Jump, also shows Remaining Jumps In Route
you connect either of them to the 'jump' icon (according to your preference) and don't have to use the other.

The number is the remaining number of jumps In your planned route
so every time you jump to the next star, the number decrements.

Last edited:
the button that you connected to the FSS icon is wrong

There are two functions that show a number at the top :
  • Toggle FSD, also shows Remaining Jumps In Route
  • Hyperspace Jump, also shows Remaining Jumps In Route
you connect either of them to the 'jump' icon (according to your preference) and don't have to use the other.

The number is the remaining number of jumps In your planned route
so every time you jump to the next star, the number decrements.
Thx.. all sorted now..

First off, I love the look feel of this. Just need to get it working >.<

More than likely this is an issue with something other than your plugin since the images work fine and update correctly when playing. My only issue is when I press them nothing happens. I tried standard hotkeys to work with elite and those don't work either. Figured I'd ask this here to hopefully get a quick answer in case someone else has had this issue. I'm going to try a few other things but just don't have a lot of time to sit and mess around with it.

The buttons only work if there is a (secondary) keyboard binding.
So if you are using bindings to only joystick buttons or controller buttons, then the plugin won't work.
If that's not it, then perhaps the log file may contain some clues ?

The buttons only work if there is a (secondary) keyboard binding.
So if you are using bindings to only joystick buttons or controller buttons, then the plugin won't work.
If that's not it, then perhaps the log file may contain some clues ?

Everything is set as it should be (secondary keys assigned). I'm not exactly sure what to look for in the log file. I've tried a few other things and just can't get them to activate anything within the game. The standard hotkey function doesn't work in the game either. I've also started everything as administrator just to see if that was the issue. Everything is up to date as well. Any tips would be appreciated but it looks like I'll be trying to hunt down an answer on great internet.

The standard hotkey function doesn't work in the game either.

That button type has nothing to do with the plugin.
But the plugin probably doesn't work for the same reason as why the built-in hotkey doesn't work for you.

is the elite application perhaps not in focus ?
is there some other application running that 'steals' the key presses or the focus.

maybe there is a problem with ALT/SHIFT/CONTROL key modifiers or something like that.
Do simple key bindings also not work ? (like: just set up a letter key to turn on the lights for example) ?

if you open notepad and give it the focus, then you should see the letter appear in notepad when you press the button

Last edited:
That button type has nothing to do with the plugin.
But the plugin probably doesn't work for the same reason as why the built-in hotkey doesn't work for you.

is the elite application perhaps not in focus ?
is there some other application running that 'steals' the key presses or the focus.

maybe there is a problem with ALT/SHIFT/CONTROL key modifiers or something like that.
Do simple key bindings also not work ? (like: just set up a letter key to turn on the lights for example) ?

if you open notepad and give it the focus, then you should see the letter appear in notepad when you press the button
I really appreciate you're help.
I gave a couple things simple letter bindings and they work when using note pad. I even closed everything except the elite launcher and the game. Still nothing seems to work. I also still haven't found anyone else with a similar issue. Works great to keep track of things >.<

Top Bottom