Release v1.2.0 elgato stream deck button plugin for elite dangerous

Hello CMDRs.

Although I don't have the talent to create full-blown graphical icons or animated GIFs, I have updated my Chevron-embelleshed text buttons to include all the relevant static keys you need with the latest version of the Elgato Stream Deck Button Plugin for Elite Dangerous. Not only has the base pack been upgraded, but I have also made a separate "Orange Neon" which more closely resembles the actual in-game HUD in Elite Dangerous. The only trouble is that the Jump and Limpet counters look slightly out of place, since they are white, and I'm not sure how I could go about changing this.

So I'd like to ask the developers of this plugin: "How can I change the font size and colour of the Jump and Limpet counters?"

Microsoft OneDrive folder link to all button themes:

Oh, and Dr. Smith, I'd like to direct your attention to the fact that you can enclose giant blobs of 'data-text' in CODE tags, or create ZIP attachments, just so we don't have to scroll past it every time.

IMG_20200801_214308_2.png

Last edited:
@mhwlng : thank you so much for your plugin. Stream Deck is finally a must-have for Elite. Hardpoints toggle and Main menu buttons doesn't work for me. Also please can you add Toggles Rotational Correction button please?
@JayB33 : your orange icons are great thank you

Last edited:
Keys only work if you have a primary or secondary keyboard binding:
joystick/mouse/controller bindings won't work

Hardpoints toggle

these are my bindings and they work ok for me :

<DeployHardpointToggle>
<Primary Device="{NoDevice}" Key="" />
<Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_M">
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_LeftAlt" />
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_RightControl" />
</Secondary>
</DeployHardpointToggle>
<DeployHardpointsOnFire Value="1" />

Main menu buttons, Rotational Correction button

I don't know which buttons you mean ?

do you mean these bindings :

Pause
DisableRotationCorrectToggle

You can try to use the hotkey button for any function that is not handled by the plugin.
the hotkey button is a button type built into the streamdeck and has nothing to do with the plugin.

1 : Mine looks like that so it should be fine :
<DeployHardpointToggle>
<Primary Device="SaitekX52Pro" Key="Joy_2" />
<Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Enter">
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_LeftShift" />
</Secondary>

2 : yes I mean DisableRotationCorrectToggle

thanks

Ok I found the problem. I binded hardpoints & SRV break to the same key. No problem for me most of the time but Stream Deck seems not to like that. Thanks for the help ;)

there is actually a bug in the plugin when you use the ENTER key in your bindings

you see something like this in the plugin log :

2020-08-02 17:21:47.4623|FATAL|BarRaider.SdTools.Logger|ExtractKeyStrokes Exception: System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'DIKENTER' was not found.

I'll fix it in the next version

version 2.0.9

added 'Rotational Correction' to static button function list

fix problem with ENTER key binding

I will try that and get back to you soon
No luck. I tried your binds and get the same behavior ; pressing LALT+RSHIFT+Q works fine, the Stream deck key does not work in-game, the Stream deck key prints unprintable char into Notepad (as expected)

These work great: LandingGear, CargoScoop, HardPoints, Jump, Collector, AnalysisMode, Lights, NightVision, among others

<UseShieldCell>
<Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_LeftAlt">
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Q" />
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_RightShift" />
</Secondary>
</UseShieldCell>

Did you try the executable version with the different timing that I sent you earlier with your original binding without the shift modifiers ?

What about if you use the hotkey button?

Last edited:
also

that binding doesn't look right :

<UseShieldCell>
<Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_LeftAlt">
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Q" />
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_RightShift" />
</Secondary>
</UseShieldCell>

the modifiers should be for the shift/alt/ctrl keys :

<DeployHardpointToggle>
<Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_M">
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_LeftAlt" />
<Modifier Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_RightControl" />
</Secondary>
</DeployHardpointToggle>

Did you try the executable version with the different timing that I sent you earlier with your original binding without the shift modifiers ?

What about if you use the hotkey button?

The ZIP contains com.mhwlng.elite.exe.. I cannot locate a file with that name on my system to replace it. If com.mhwlng.elite.exe is an installer, then I need to get Norton off my back since it doesn't like this to run. Where is com.mhwlng.elite.exe located?

it's here

%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.mhwlng.elite.sdPlugin

(you need to stop the streamdeck software first)

note that I only modified the timing in this test executable for your original Z key, without the modifier that you were just testing

<UseShieldCell>
<Primary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Z" />
<Secondary Device="{NoDevice}" Key="" />
</UseShieldCell>

I also would like to know if the hotkey button works for you..

Also note my comment that the binding in your last test doesn't look right.

Last edited:
Awesome work. Made me go grab an XL and order the monstertech mount. Still working on the icons and thinking of an additional 15 key stream deck :)

Top Bottom