Release v1.2.0 elgato stream deck button plugin for elite dangerous

Unfortunately, the streamdeck plugin is now completely non-functional in Odyssey.
Due to a different mechanism for keyboard bindings (because you can now have 4 different keyboard binding files at the same time)
This will take some time to rework....

Last edited:
I was just attempting to troubleshoot on my own to find out why it stopped working, then I see this.

Thank you for your continued work on this app, and I eagerly await your next release!

Unfortunately, the streamdeck plugin is now completely non-functional in Odyssey.
Due to a different mechanism for keyboard bindings (because you can now have 4 different keyboard binding files at the same time)
This will take some time to rework....
Thanks for confirming this. I was pulling my hair out (and I'm pretty bald!).

version 2.3.4

TEMPORARY HACK to get the plugin working again with Odyssey.
Note that this ONLY works when all 4 key bindings (General, Ship, SRV, On Foot) are set to Custom

Last edited:
You are referencing an old version.
Use the latest version, which works with 4 different binding files .
P.s. 'custom' means the name of the binding file that you can see top right of the bindings screen. See GitHub for more Info.

version 2.3.5 works for me! Thanks! The fact you could adapt to this change so quickly is a testament to how well you architected this.

Some buttons/commands don't work with ED Odissey... so far the Night Vision command is the one not working for me.

I've also assigned a button to it but doesn't work at all (the icon changes so it should see when I toggle it).

I understood that night vision needs a special suit or special upgrade.

You can also just use the hotkey button type, that is built into the streamdeck software.

Also, toggle buttons can't show the current state in Odyssey while on foot.
The game does not provide the on/off state while on foot.
(This is documented on github)

Last edited:
I understood that night vision needs a special suit or special upgrade.

You can also just use the hotkey button type, that is built into the streamdeck software.

Also, toggle buttons can't show the current state in Odyssey.
The game does not provide the on/off state.
(This is documented on github)
Yep, I've switched it to a standard hotkey button for now, it works smooth with ED Horizons.

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate the app and it's been a game changer for my 12yrs daughter as she is able to use a lot of more stuff with the Stream Deck!

Will check the latest version (do we have to remap all the buttons if we update it?).

Note that when you are using Odyssey and leave the on-foot keyboard bindings in elite EMPTY for:
  • Galaxy Map
  • System Map
  • Lights
  • Night Vision
Then the corresponding streamdeck toggle buttons won't work, when you are on foot.
You can define the same keyboard binding, as you are using for your ship/srv.
(the button image still won't change because the game only provides on/off state change when in ship or srv)

You don't need to have 2 profiles.
Obviously the on foot buttons won't work in horizons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom