Release VA Problem with key presses and ed

heya,

i haven't played for a while, but when i stopped around december '17, everything worked fine.

the issue:
elite / va won't work together at all, all none elite related va command work fine (ex. opening browser), just elite won't get or take any va keypresses.

i upgraded all stuff to the actual versions, va 1.7, eddi 3.0.1^beta2, reinstalled edbind 1.0.1, even tried malics new v3 profile.
also tried to start va as administrator, but nothing worked.
so i downgraded to va 1.6.6 and eddi 2.4.5, with my old va profile, but still no luck.

anyone has a hint? i'm kinda out of ideas

Last edited:
heya,

i haven't played for a while, but when i stopped around december '17, everything worked fine.

the issue:
elite / va won't work together at all, all none elite related va command work fine (ex. opening browser), just elite won't get or take any va keypresses.

i upgraded all stuff to the actual versions, va 1.7, eddi 3.0.1^beta2, reinstalled edbind 1.0.1, even tried malics new v3 profile.
also tried to start va as administrator, but nothing worked.
so i downgraded to va 1.6.6 and eddi 2.4.5, with my old va profile, but still no luck.

anyone has a hint? i'm kinda out of ideas

I’m also having a few issues with VA, it seems EDis just not reacting to some key presses.
I’ve noticed VA say ‘missing in ED’ after I’ve given some commands.

Everything was ok before updates on HCS voice packs/VA.

I’ve tried doing re-binds using VA, but some commands simply do not register on the ED control options page.

oh dear .. found it.

with the upgrade to 3.x a new Custom.3.0.binds was created ( AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings )
and because the migration from the 2.0 didn't work as it should a bunch of custom command vanished, but since all major commands on the hotas are kinda default, i didn't notice.
after erasing the 3.0 files and starting the game a new, it worked again, because the migration script finaly did is job.

... Have you tried not talking to it in Old Norse? ;)

(... sorry)

tried drunk russian, didn't work either.

oh dear .. found it.

with the upgrade to 3.x a new Custom.3.0.binds was created ( AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings )
and because the migration from the 2.0 didn't work as it should a bunch of custom command vanished, but since all major commands on the hotas are kinda default, i didn't notice.
after erasing the 3.0 files and starting the game a new, it worked again, because the migration script finaly did is job.

tried drunk russian, didn't work either.

So just to confirm, if I delete the3.0 folder, all should be working fine again?

+1 for sorting that out, fantastic job.

o7 Cmdr

So just to confirm, if I delete the3.0 folder, all should be working fine again?

it worked for me, no idea if it works for you, but give it a try, since you already played in 2.x, there should be nothing to lose.

Custom.3.0.binds should be a file, not a folder (also remove the 3.0 backup if it exists)

1129bew.jpg

if you want to be save, just COPY your bindings folder to a save location, that way you can always copy and try stuff as you see need to.
(keeping a backup of it is always a good idea, had some issues with the keybindings in the past too)

Last edited:
it worked for me, no idea if it works for you, but give it a try, since you already played in 2.x, there should be nothing to lose.

Custom.3.0.binds should be a file, not a folder (also remove the 3.0 backup if it exists)

if you want to be save, just COPY your bindings folder to a save location, that why you can always copy and try stuff as you see need to.
(keeping a backup of it is always a good idea, had some issues with the keybindings in the past too)

Thank you for that info, I’m going to try it tomorrow.
I will let you know how I get on.

Top Bottom