vECM - The Virtual Elite Community Meet - Sat 11th April

Banner 1 (Small).png

Hello everyone from the ECM organising office (social distancing approved).

We won't be stopped by all the current shenanigans so we've moved the event and we're now ONLINE on Saturday 11th.

We've replicated as much of the real ECM event as best we can and there's a jam packed day of gaming and fun organised for the entire community.
Now that we're not limited by space, or by a venue, we're able to open it up to everyone in the Elite Community. The purpose of the day is to spend time gaming in the company of fellow commanders and having a right old laugh. Our objective is that in these isolated times, to being everyone together, have fun and of course, ensure that the charities don't miss out as a result of the event cancellation.

So - How does it work?
We have set up a twitch stream for the "main stage" - available at http://twitch.tv/ECMLive
We're configuring the Hutton teamspeak server (available at server ts.forthemug.com ) so you can log in and join in - there will be a room for each game that's on and of course you can always play your own. Or just listen in and banter
There's a big discord channel ( https://discord.io/vecm ) already up and running with commanders organising games, joining crews and sharing gamertags/steam friend ID/Oculus Home friend lists.

What's going on?
We start at 10am - come and join us on twitch or in the teamspeak and we'll introduce the day to you
After the intro, we'll be breaking out for those that want to into Oculus Home with CMDR Aemilia Hawk to say hi in person, or Second Life, with Flossy where she has built a special ECM meeting place, complete with badges and t-shirts for anyone who pops in. Send a friend request to "Helen Dayton" in Second Life to get directions on where to meet.

1586263479220.png

Then we're into gaming - multiplayer games and content galore across the day. Just turn up, fire up a game and invite people, or look for a game you want to play and pop into that room to join in.

The raffle/charities
We have an amazing pile of donated and crafted raffle items - from one of the Hutton Mugs that went to the Antarctic, to a Lego SRV, unique artwork from CMDR BeetleJude, games from Spidermind, Mongoose Publishing, books from Drew Wagar, goodies from HCS Voice Packs, glassware, dog tags, your own Lego Mini-Me, mousemats and full schematic artwork books from AC Hunt and much more.

1586263173948.png
grotts.jpg

1586263109218.png
Sorsdal from trawl deck (Small).jpg
Lego SRV.jpg
1586262860006.png

Raffle tickets will be by online donation, we close entries at 5pm SHARP in readiness for the live draw hosted by CMDRs Xena and Draxxor at 6pm

I want to stream!
That's great. We have configured our systems to work with a special plugin for OBS that means not only can you stream to your audience, but you can push your output to the main stage too - meaning we can drop in and banter with you from there. If you want to stream, send us an email at info@elitecommunitymeet.info and we'll send instructions.

Join Psykit, Lave Radio, Drew Wagar, Hutton Orbital, Paige "Arthremis" Harvey, Spidermind Games, HCS Voice Packs and more broadcasting across the day at times to suit you!

The schedule (all times in BST):
  • 10:00 Kickoff on the main stage ( http://twitch.tv/ECMLive )
  • 10:00onward - Game Time!
    • Oculus Home Shenanigans
      [*]Second Life meeting place with Flossy
      [*]Docking Darts with CMDR Splendour. Can you direct him to throw darts and achieve the high score on the docking pads?
      [*]Spank the Hankey - challenge King Hankey to a 15 minute speed chess game. He'll even take two of you on at once
      [*]Elite CQC - we need players and teams to get into CQC and see who can get the best KDR
      [*]Sea of Thieves - there's already a big crew building - see discord for details (or find out on the day)
      [*]Pulsar: Lost Colony with EidLeWeise from Lave Radio
      [*]Beat Paige at Gangbeasts - warning - she'll steal your hat and then throw you around by your ears
      [*]ToyBox Turbos - who's the fastest around the dining table?
      [*]Star Trek Bridge Crew - one crew is already half full - can you volunteer for the next away team? http://twitch.tv/cmdrmorpheus
      [*]Quake Live - some retro rocket jump fragging
      [*]Red Dead Redemption 2 - in the planning, but potentially we're going Gator wrestling and stage coach racing
      [*]Cards against Humanity ONLINE against everyone
      [*]Carcassonne
      [*]Move or Die
      [*]Human Fall Flat with Sally Morgan Moore
      [*]Rocket League with CMDR Worzle
  • 11:00 First EDRPG Stream Team special begins with Paige, Stephen Benedetti, Will Flanagan, Psykit and of course Jon and Oliver from Spidermind
  • 12:30 Half Hour with the epic Commander Evenstar and his custom dog tag etching (and sometimes Elite sticker making) machine of wonder. Interview by CMDR A5ylum + see custom dog tags being made just for this event. Broadcast from the main stage ( http://twitch.tv/ECMLive )
  • 13:00 Drew Wagar is firing up 8 Bit Elite and playing "ironman" with the help of his viewers http://twitch.tv/drewwagar
  • 14:00 The traditional Quiz - join with a team, or on your own to walk away with the glory for your faction. Live from the main stage ( http://twitch.tv/ECMLive )
  • 16:00 An Artemis Bridge special - see the LIVE rig in action on from the main stage ( http://twitch.tv/ECMLive )
  • 18:00 The Raffle. Epic. It's open to everyone. SpecialEffect and Hearing Dogs are our chosen charities. Donate throughout the day if you want to win things.
  • 19:30 EDRPG Session 2 - the "wishing Well" hosted by CMDR Wishblend. Spaces are still available on this one
  • 20:30 Hutton Orbital Live from the main stage ( http://twitch.tv/ECMLive )
  • 21:30 Racing from Cortes with Alec Turner and CMDR Sanderling. Get into game - details available (SOON)

If you don't see a game here you want to play - just turn up, we'll create you a room and you can crack on and have a laugh!

See you all on Saturday

Attachments

• dogsbreath.jpg
    dogsbreath.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Thread duly stuck.

Obviously ther is additional non Elite content in the thread but this is a community event and exceptional circumstances dictate this is the benefit of the whole Frontier Community.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Yes - on TJ's point there, it's all about the Elite community coming together to have a laugh, in whatever gaming manner they wish! Of course there is LOADS of Elite content with the race, CQC, EDRPG and of course the community team joining us for shenanigans, and Docking Darts.... many people MIGHT be showing off things to do with Fleet Carrier testing, too.

OK folks - so those of you interested in the racing stuff at 9:30pm - the idea is that @Sanderling will be leading some ship races for those interested in that (I believe this will be around the buildings of Cortes Base in Ross 1047), and I'll be leading some SRV races (also at Cortes Base).

The idea for the SRV race is basically to run head to head races of the Cortes Base Challenge (a standing Buckyball time trial event which is described in detailed over here). The race is really simple (so anyone can take part, no need to be an SRV expert) and typically takes under 10 minutes for a run. The race starts with the SRVs parked up on the outrigger jetties of the city (the ones facing roughly 50° - pointing off down the ridge the city is perched on).

WCFJzNt.png

On "GO" the SRVs have to race along the ridge (don't worry, it's wider than the Pomeche ridge) until they're 10km from the city, turn around, and race back again. The winner is the first SRV to hit any part of the city.

uktShTQ.png

Here's a demonstration video (note: you do NOT need to be as good as this).

If we get a decent turnout then I'd also like to try and organise a tag team race or two. The way this will work is that each team will start with all its SRVs parked on one of the start ramps. On "GO" racer A will head off down the ridge. The next member of their team has to wait until racer A has driven to 10km (maybe less?) and back and physically bumped into their SRV before they can head off on their run. This continues for as many SRVs as are in the team (maybe just teams of 2 for starters so people don't have to wait too long). Winning team is the one who's final SRV has driven the distance and back and connected with some part of the city.

I haven't quite figured out how to stream this for spectators yet. I've never streamed myself although if that's trivial to do then I'm happy to sit out the racing and run camera ship. Alternatively - if anyone wants to volunteer to stream this for us then that would be cool too.

Oh, and if anyone wants to get any practice in before Saturday then feel free to try your hand at the time trial I linked above.

P.S. for comm's (both text and voice) during the race we'll be using dedicated "v-ECM" channels (#v-ecm-race-chat and v-ECM-race-comms) on the Buckyball Racing Club's Discord server which you can find over here:

Last edited:

Deleted member 121570

D
And for those who want to race ships at high speed around tight corners and through angled tunnels....we'll be using the same place, same base, at the same time, for that very purpose.

We'll probably run heats of 4 or 5 ships a go. If there's enough interest, we can do team events too. Race heats will be 3-laps, and we'll use Terrorsidic's Cortes Raceway Time Trial track as the basis.

For this event, please keep to small ships only or SLFs if you want. Engineer em or not as you like.

If you want to submit times to the time trial, and for course details...

Details here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...e-an-elite-racers-standing-time-trial.537965/

Map for the track is:
cortesmap.jpg

And CMDR Eidola Nyx did a great flythrough video here:
Source: https://youtu.be/SQdRI0gfeek

Unfortunately we'll be PC only unless any console players want to organise a parallel race on their platform.

Finally, we're still sorting out details around open vs. PG, so stay tuned for further details.
Highly recommend getting over to Cortes to practice using the time trial if you can! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t wait, great stuff!!!!

One small question, where do we purchase raffle tickets on the day?

o7
Online. We will post up links and the raffle prizes in advance and on the morning

Normal we have around 120 items though for vECM we have trimmed it back a bit so that segment is possible. Prizes still epic though. We are a little wary of postage costs so wanted to strike a balance. Lots of awesome community crafted items and a big dose of really quite impressive big ticket items

CMDRs - Temporarily trade in your Remlok for a Red Shirt this Saturday.

We will have Star Trek Bridge Crew running throughout the day at v-ECM.

Several CMDRs are signed up already but we want more.

Never played it in multi-player? Now's your chance to boldly go with fellow CMDRs.

Sign up on the Discord channel ( https://discord.io/vecm ) or leave your Uplay name here, or add me CmdrMorpheus as a friend in Bridge Crew and we'll organise to team up.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Really looking forward to this at the weekend. It will definitely bring some cheer and I think we all could do with that at the moment.

Even if you're not taking part in any of the events, then come along, watch and take part in the chat. A huge amount of work went into preparing and organising the original event, and it's great to see that when things got tough this wonderful group of guys and girls barely missed a step and put in another huge amount of work into organising this.

giphy.gif

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
OK folks - so those of you interested in the racing stuff at 9:30pm - the idea is that @Sanderling will be leading some ship races for those interested in that (I believe this will be around the buildings of Cortes Base in Ross 1047), and I'll be leading some SRV races (also at Cortes Base).
And for those who want to race ships at high speed around tight corners and through angled tunnels....we'll be using the same place, same base, at the same time, for that very purpose.

Do we get bonus points if we can scuttle some SRVs off their starting line with the ships as we fly around the base? :D

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Second Life, with Flossy where she has built a special ECM meeting place, complete with badges and t-shirts for anyone who pops in. Send a friend request to "Helen Dayton" in Second Life to get directions on where to meet.

View attachment 168174
I've been a 'resident' in Second Life since March 2004, just a few months after it first started, and have played on and off since then always keeping my Premium account active. The building in the screenshot is my jewellery shop which I opened after completing an in-depth course on making jewellery in Second Life, and has a large living area above it - this is where I am hosting the Second Life version of vECM on Saturday. There is also the decking area which can be used too.

I have designed a basic tshirt which will be free to anyone who visits, as well as a vECM badge!

Looking forward to seeing lots of commanders there - just hoping we don't 'lag out' the Inari sim! :love:

Been talking to AllCrowsAreBlack - bringing us some representation from the PS4 community and starting to organise some games and fun. If you're a PS4 player and want to join in (as well as watching the live stream), then we'll put you in touch, but you can also pm/tweet via https://twitter.com/CmdrACB or on the discord channel in the dedicated PS4 wrangling room.

I've created two new channels (one text and once voice) on the Buckyball Racing Club's Discord server which we're planning to use for communications during the evening race events. Details added to post #9 as follows ..

P.S. for comm's (both text and voice) during the race we'll be using dedicated "v-ECM" channels (#v-ecm-race-chat and v-ECM-race-comms) on the Buckyball Racing Club's Discord server which you can find over here:

Ah - if you're on the special dedicated channel for the racing on the shared event teamspeak of course, we can all hear you and join in!
we're trying to keep everyone together so we get that "real ECM" feel.

Top Bottom