Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was quite surprised that Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants wasn't included at launch, and I think Frontier should add that in a future update. One development-time friendly (but not as interesting) approach to this idea would be to just do the skin for the new restaurant(s) and the decorations without any added peep preference mechanic that would reflect real life ratio of vegetarians. Or if a new skin takes too much time, how about vegan-alternatives in the existing food stalls, like beef, hot dogs etc. ? As of now, there is only the french fries stall, but that's just you know, french fries.

I'm just saying it would be a nice and contemporary touch with more vegetarian or better yet, vegan options.

Last edited:
No, this would be a bit of overkill for the game imo. More shops are always fine, but that's more from the quantity of content pov.

Unlike what other people are saying, I actually agree with you. I think vegetarian or vegan restaurants could be a great addition! I might attempt to create that as my first Workshop item.

I think it would be a good counterpart to the new Pipshot drinks stands. Maybe baked potato, salad and falafel as the selection? Baked potato and falafel are both music festival staples, so I don't see why they wouldn't work as theme park food.

Especially if they make the shops work in a more sensible way (i.e. add the shop, then choose what it sells instead of a separate model to add for each food or drink)

Last edited:
This is like the wheel-chair thread again. It's far too tiny an issue for ever be of a concern to the developer. There is core content and bug-fixing to be done instead. You might get a salad bar shop or something but that's it.

Last edited:
I guess why not hah.

What would it be, a salad stall?

Vegetable Noodles, Pasta dishes, baked potatoes

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

This is like the wheel-chair thread again. It's far too tiny an issue for ever be of a concern to the developer. There is core content and bug-fixing to be done instead. You might get a salad bar shop or something but that's it.

No it isn't it is just a shop front with different foods. The disabled thread is much more complex for many reasons. It is just like comparing apples to oranges. Just because both are fruits (in this case minorities being represented) doesn't mean they taste or look the same (the degree in what one needs to make it work compared to the other).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I think it would be a good counterpart to the new Pipshot drinks stands. Maybe baked potato, salad and falafel as the selection? Baked potato and falafel are both music festival staples, so I don't see why they wouldn't work as theme park food.

Especially if they make the shops work in a more sensible way (i.e. add the shop, then choose what it sells instead of a separate model to add for each food or drink)

Aye, tbh I could see things like the pizza shop and burger shop just offering vegetarian alternatives and it work as well if we could create our own menu. It just needs guest preferences and we can decide how best our shops cater for those needs.

what if we just had 1 type of food stall, and it served 2 items, food or beverage

then you can imagine the food as anything, and the beverage could be alcoholic [wink]

Last edited:
Aye, tbh I could see things like the pizza shop and burger shop just offering vegetarian alternatives and it work as well if we could create our own menu. It just needs guest preferences and we can decide how best our shops cater for those needs.

That would be really easy as a start - bean burger at 'Chief Beef', TikiTofu etc. Pizza Pen has margherita, (so veggie, but not vegan)

Got to bear in mind some of your guests will have watched the (in)famous documentary 'Cosmic Cow-spiracy' [big grin]

Please no vegetarian/vegan stall as such, but I do not mind more variety. If the more variety have vegetable dishes then ok! But no in your face "VEGAN" ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎.

Or why not add as option in the burger and pizza, like bean patty for the chief beef and margherita pizza for the pizza. Oh wait there's that already in pizza. ;)

But as said, make people go like "I am vegan and I do not want this ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎" and I will become annoyed. Nope to that. Variety = ok though. Better make guest go like "I wish there were more varied food options". Then it would be more ok :)

Last edited:
Please no vegetarian/vegan stall as such, but I do not mind more variety. If the more variety have vegetable dishes then ok! But no in your face "VEGAN" ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎.

Or why not add as option in the burger and pizza, like bean patty for the chief beef and margherita pizza for the pizza. Oh wait there's that already in pizza. ;)

But as said, make people go like "I am vegan and I do not want this ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎" and I will become annoyed. Nope to that. Variety = ok though. Better make guest go like "I wish there were more varied food options". Then it would be more ok :)

Why not? Those are massive and really big sides of the market these days. They are at venues all over the world. Why does it matter if you are catering to these guests. You are already catering to people who prefer burgers over chicken in the game? This is no different.

Sorry but there is no need to be so against a vegan stall or whatever. I mean I am pure meat eater but I have nothing against all the Vegan/Vegetarian stalls at festivals or the people hat eat there.

So I supposed you want to see a giant carrot and broccoli as entertainers too? [cool]

??? I don't need any entertainer. I just don't understand the backlash of adding a shop that serves food for vegan or vegetarian rather than meat eating people.

It doesn't seem it would be any different to what we have other than it being a different shop? Although now you mention it a giant baked potato would be all good haha. Could have it like Mr Potato head [big grin]

??? I don't need any entertainer. I just don't understand the backlash of adding a shop that serves food for vegan or vegetarian rather than meat eating people.

It doesn't seem it would be any different to what we have other than it being a different shop? Although now you mention it a giant baked potato would be all good haha. Could have it like Mr Potato head [big grin]

Extra shops for the sake of extra shops are fine by me. Doesn't have to be vegan necessarily. There are other classic theme park stuff that comes first imo.

We already have vegetarian restaurants, chief beef is 100% beef flavouring.

M3u6J8C.jpg

Unlike what other people are saying, I actually agree with you. I think vegetarian or vegan restaurants could be a great addition! I might attempt to create that as my first Workshop item.

I would be the first subscriber to that! ;)

Why would you be annoyed by that? It would be a great implementation and only add great detail, variety and depth to the game! Especially if it applies to about 5-10 % of all peeps, like in real life.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom