Horizons Vertical thrust ...

I have vertical thrust thrust set so when I pull back on the right stick on my joypad and down when I push forwards.

But I can't work out how to do the same when alternative flight controls are enabled.

I really can't believe I can't not change it, but then this is elite dangerous, so, I have to ask, is there any way to reverse the axis for vertical thrust in the alternative control set that I've overlooked?

Last edited:
There should be a '+' to the left of the axis where you can set it to 'regular' or 'inverse' and also set a deadzone.

That's the thing. It's the ONLY one of the axis settings I can see without that.

- - - Updated - - -

20170202135103_1.jpg

Pulling back on the stick to go up just seems more natural, but not possible in the alternative control set #thanksfrontier [???] The really mind boggling thing about this is that someone has to have sat down and made this decision "Yes, we'll make everything ultracustomisable but not this, not this one axis! Vertical thrust in the alternative control set will be unique in it being the one axis you cannot reverse! ... because .... reasons!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hmmm Pitch axis is the only one were you can set inverse/regular. If it wasn't for that one I would suggest it just takes the setting from the main controls so I would say it's an oversight - suggest you bug report it.

When you click on the plus sign next to the binding, there should be additional options like dead zone and inversion. For every axis.

Top Bottom