[Video] Challenger "review"

I believe the overall criticism is that it's a redundant ship. Maybe you do need to watch it.

Not really... I made it a 64 cargospace speed-miner where you can do a mining run in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for lunch-break mining at work! ;)

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Just to clarify things a bit: As it stands now the mods are directed to ensure all content posted on this forum adhere to Frontier's rules and code of conduct. We cannot police content hosted on other sites and therefore take a hands off approach to such when its linked to here. Of course this is always a bit subjective but in general a spicy YouTube video link isn't actionable when it's not embedded in a post. We do draw the line at embedding such content here, though. It's a fine point but it's the current directive.

Please keep comments focused on the subject and not the people. Thanks.

Dear mods,

Can we have a sticky for [Videos] as we do for [Screenies].

Then we would be able to find all these fantastic videos full of helpful information in a single location !

Just to clarify things a bit: As it stands now the mods are directed to ensure all content posted on this forum adhere to Frontier's rules and code of conduct. We cannot police content hosted on other sites and therefore take a hands off approach to such when its linked to here. Of course this is always a bit subjective but in general a spicy YouTube video link isn't actionable when it's not embedded in a post. We do draw the line at embedding such content here, though. It's a fine point but it's the current directive.

Well, if you're just gonna sit on the fence about this, you should at least require users who insist on gleefully outraging others by posting such content to clearly put warnings in their post that the language and humor used may be offensive. Certain users clearly enjoy driving a bus through the simple rules of decent behaviour we all surely need in this community. And I speak as one who genuinely enjoys many of such submissions, and likes and personally respects their creators. Users who flout the rules it sometimes seems do so with iconoclastic urges. And little in the way of true altruism or true sharing. Community members who are turned off by offensive content being posted should also be listened to, their views have merit.

And I'm sorry if this view is unwelcome to those who so enjoy bad language, but it is in fact how many of us feel. Exigeous I don't listen to you to hear you demean what you have to say with puerile humor and four-letter words, but to hear that easy eloquence and professionalism that your subscribers (I am one) know and love. I don't have time for live streams, and that's a different kettle of fish to ship reviews, surely?

Yamiks, to you I offer a personal challenge. In the next video you make try and go the whole distance without once using that hateful word for the female genitalia. Or wishing anyone... and I mean anyone, to **** off. I know you can do it, I believe in you. Just show us it's possible. ;)

Last edited:
I liked the “review” well, not a review by a long shot.

Anyway, I have bought and sold the Challenger three times already. I am really trying to like it. However, the drift on this thing is atrocious, flying this thing with a hotas is and was painful. I realized how painful it was especially after parked it and took my FDL for a spin.

This review has confirmed a few things for me:
1. I don't need or want the challenger
2. While I found the video humorous (not easily offended), its not for any cleverness on the part of the writers:
"profanity is the effort of a weak mind to express itself forcibly"

Work on your vocabulary, lads

Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, if you're just gonna sit on the fence about this, you should at least require users who insist on gleefully outraging others by posting such content to clearly put warnings in their post that the language and humor used may be offensive. Certain users clearly enjoy driving a bus through the simple rules of decent behaviour we all surely need in this community. And I speak as one who genuinely enjoys many of such submissions, and likes and personally respects their creators. Users who flout the rules it sometimes seems do so with iconoclastic urges. And little in the way of true altruism or true sharing. Community members who are turned off by offensive content being posted should also be listened to, their views have merit.

And I'm sorry if this view is unwelcome to those who so enjoy bad language, but it is in fact how many of us feel. Exigeous I don't listen to you to hear you demean what you have to say with puerile humor and four-letter words, but to hear that easy eloquence and professionalism that your subscribers (I am one) know and love. I don't have time for live streams, and that's a different kettle of fish to ship reviews, surely?

Yamiks, to you I offer a personal challenge. In the next video you make try and go the whole distance without once using that hateful word for the female genitalia. Or wishing anyone... and I mean anyone, to **** off. I know you can do it, I believe in you. Just show us it's possible. ;)

Like it was said, it isn't their job to warn you. Youtube actually does that, but chances are you've logged in at some point and accepted videos have mature content or language. Even if for some reason the warning is there or is missed, you can always move on at the first curse word. You don't even have to click on the link and I'm sure they have guidelines about links too, ensuring you don't end up in some naughty rabbit hole somewhere and that's the extent of it.

Surprised that Frontier are happy to be linked to misogynist vulgarity, can only assume it doesnt conflict with your core values.

Now that's actually funny. How are they linked to it? It isn't their content, their name isn't on it. Obsidian Ant's stuff gets linked by other people, are you saying that if it comes out that OA is actually some horrible person (I'm sure he isn't, just an example) and they don't remove any and all references on the forum to his content they are linked to what he does off forum? What about other videos that are linked? That's not how any of this stuff works man, but nice try, it really was good for a laugh.

The fact that mods for some inexplicable reason tolerate Yamiks doesn't change the fact that he breaks rules.

9) Do not evade the swear / profanity filter.
This is a family friendly forum; we would appreciate against the usage of swearing or masked swearing.

Intentionally evading the filter will result in moderation to your posted content to comply with our community guidelines.

Note, swearing itself isn't against the rules. (because swear filter simply won't allow you to post), but avoiding the swear filter is. And posting a video instead of writing a swear word down IS avoiding the filter.
So there, I'm going to be beating the dead horse as long as there is an ounce of meat on the bones.

I disagree.
That's more like using 1 for i.

This review has confirmed a few things for me:
1. I don't need or want the challenger
2. While I found the video humorous (not easily offended), its not for any cleverness on the part of the writers:
"profanity is the effort of a weak mind to express itself forcibly"

Work on your vocabulary, lads

Good response. But how about trying the boat out for yourself? There seems to be a lot of different opinions about it. I enjoyed its agility and found it great for fighting scout thargoids. Others seem to dislike its driftiness. The video apparently calls it redundant, which tells me absolutely nothing. It would have been great to read what scenarios the Challenger was tested in. Unfortunately, the video did not come with a written summary.

:D S

Top Bottom