[Video] Elitism in Elite Dangerous

Elitism is dangerous....

Wait....

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Its the developers job to push players towards stuff that they think people will enjoy. Because they're game developers, and if they don't have a better idea of what people will enjoy than people who haven't even played the game yet, then they probably shouldn't be.

They aren't service workers. Its the gamers job to learn what they like and purchase the game they do like. Anything one person doesn't enjoy, a different person will. Developers design games for a target audience. There are people that aren't going to fit into that group. Those people shouldn't play the game, its not made for them.

So what's so bad about having a DC on your ship? For me it gives me time to make a brew before getting back in the game again - The DC is just a CBA useful mod for those times I just CBA dealing with docking.

V2k.

Another great vid Yamiks. So damn funny i watch one nearly every day. Keep em coming. The python review had me in hysterics :D

So what's so bad about having a DC on your ship? For me it gives me time to make a brew before getting back in the game again - The DC is just a CBA useful mod for those times I just CBA dealing with docking.

*nod* While I'm fully behind the 'learn how to dock, dammit!' mentality, once I do know how to dock then I'll use a DC if I damn well want to. It's a convenience, nothing more.

If anyone has a problem with that then the really, really important bit is that it's their​ problem, not mine :)

That keelback was so adorable 💕, you've convinced me to buy one... It's the only ship in the game I've never flown, it didn't exist when I was still flying itty bitty ships and then after it was released, I never saw the point.

There is no shortage of people who think they know what's best for you and have absolutely no problem with using any level of force to make you do what they've decided is good for you. Of course when someone else doing it to them they scream loudly about how unfair and intolerant that is.

In this game that takes the form of "there's only ONE TRUE WAY to play Elite - my way...and if you won't play my way I will do everything I can to ruin your game until you agree to play the way I think you ought to."

Last edited:
I know this is off topic, but how funny would it be to have YAMIKS do the voice overs when you dock at a station. You'd be laughing so hard you would plough through the rear wall. Then Yamiks would berate you in his own "special" way. Oh the mind boggles :D

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I know this is off topic, but how funny would it be to have YAMIKS do the voice overs when you dock at a station. You'd be laughing so hard you would plough through the rear wall. Then Yamiks would berate you in his own "special" way. Oh the mind boggles :D

Well we already have Mr. Obsidian Ant doing one station voice...... why the heck not? :D It would be hilarious to have a Yamiks station somewhere with his voice.

Hopefully he'll berate you for using a docking computer when you land, too. ;)

Well we already have Mr. Obsidian Ant doing one station voice...... why the heck not? :D It would be hilarious to have a Yamiks station somewhere with his voice.

He does? Which one? I gotta check that out

Or comment on your choice of ships while your docking:D . Would surely be worth a cheeky vid Yamiks?

Top Bottom