[Video] Fleet carriers will cost 5 000 000 000 credits

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So, they delayed this content then...delayed it again, then put a cost of 5 billion credits on it? What happened to DB saying that he didnt want one job being unbalanced and paying out more then the rest(he used mining as a example). Which he has now done exactly what he said he didn't want to do, basically forcing everyone into mining if they wany to participate in this update.

Last edited:
Lol.
You predicted 2 billion base, it was a very often named number here.
The real price is 5 billion.

How can you say you predicted correct???
My expectation was 1-8 mil on upgrades where the real price of these things were..
Well ok I was off a little.. hehe happy!? =}

I'm out.

Not because I don't have the credits, but because this update will alienate two thirds of the player base, as well as new purchases of the game. It will pit a minority of Elite Seasoned players against two thirds of the player base. This update is only for "Elite Seasoned Players who have played for years".

It offers nothing for new players and will only anger those who either don't have the credits, or find the grind for a credit based update unpalatable and unreasonable. I expect this forum will be flooded by posts from those who cannot afford one railing against those who have one.

I have backed and enjoyed this game for six years. This update offers little for me, but will certainly leave a bad taste in the mouths of many, many players, especially anyone new to the game or considering a purchase for the first time.

I think I will now retire my commander and seek greener pastures.

It's been fun.
Two thirds? I guess rather 2.8 % against the rest.

5 Billion!? :eek:

I always figured it would be relatively 'cheap' to buy a carrier, but would be expensive to upgrade....just like buying an E-rated ship and slowly replacing all the modules with A-rated ones y'know? ....but...5 Billion!? Yikes!
Back to mining i guess! ergh! 😭

Last edited:
being cautious about forming expectations for the trading tease.

way back, when we heard that there were three types of fleet carriers, one each to support each gameplay archetype, I thought it made no sense for trading. what could it do? exploration has big jump range and mabe restocking of SRV and AFMU, ok. combat has refueling and rearming, ok. but trading? commodity storage?

but now... because it works like a market... now suddenly you have a situation where you could possibly park your carrier in a system that makes... say... biowaste REALLY cheaply and REALLY quickly. so you haul this precious biowaste to your carrier, and maybe npcs can if they like, if you set an attractive enough price.

then, when your trade carrier IS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH PRECIOUS LIQUID GOLD THAT IS BIO WASTE... you can lube that bad boy up and shoulder it through the witchspace portal into another system that is in system state where they really needs LOTS of BIOWASTE and NOW, and you can sell the stuff at the station or NPCs will even buy it from you.

so... basically... this is a whole other level of trading for you... or... it's even a constant passive trading thing that will constantly earn you credits if you find good place to park it and set a good price balance.

but you know... elite is not a management game so I don't want to get carried away but the thing is, just based on what they've said it does and what's in the game already, you can already get a pretty good idea of the things it could do if they didn't even add anything else to the game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom