[Video] Frontier response & NEW Thargoid "Leaked" 3D models

starship-troopers-wyltkm.jpg

Okay...the size of them was unexpected.

0KsrWPC.jpg

---------

It is a shame that those will not be used, they look pretty cool.

Keep in mind that Will's comment and Yamik's contact just indicated that these specific versions of the models are old.
3d modeling is very iterative.
It doesn't necessarily mean the entire design is scrapped.

Last edited:
Okay...the size of them was unexpected.

---------

Keep in mind that Will's comment and Yamik's contact just indicated that these specific versions of the models are old.
3d modeling is very iterative.
It doesn't necessarily mean the entire design is scrapped.

They could be scaled very differently.

Eh, while I get people are excited and curious, given the age it is likely early attempts at getting an idea of what they might look like model wise, which can by now have been scrapped or entirely reworked.

But yeah, frontier needs to open up a bit about the roadmap for the game.

Last edited:
my impression is that thargoids were much larger than humans. This is based on the size of the base entrances and corridors.

SRVs can easily travel down them with lots of room.

I therefore figured thargoids were at least the size of an SRV and possibly larger by some margin.

That by the way would make for an intimidating animal if encountered if we get Elite Feet.

The creature shown above looks like the size of a dog and i would be tempted to pat it on the head and throw a stick for it to chase after.

Thank you Yamiks, love you.

xoxo

Personally, I would love the Thargoids to be as alienately beautiful as possible. War, regardless of reason, is legal murder and we must continually be reminded that the destruction of any sentience is an unbelievable tragedy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom