Video gaming in main stream media report

I'm not British and only have incidental encounters with crap published by The Telegraph, but almost every op-ed I've read from them is an exemplar of ignorant bigotry. Title of this one fits as many presumptions and biases into it as it does words and doesn't get better from there...fortunately it ended at a pay wall before this grown man wasted another second reading their crap when he could have been playing video games or complaining about obtuse op-eds linked on video game forums instead.

I havent read the article but as a family man with a busy job and such it's no stretch to my imagination at least that gaming is not conducive to "real life" . I feel the demands every day to try to balance the time I get over what I would like to get.

Does the same set of demands apply to those with no family responsibilities or older people with grown families? Probably not. I do after all remember being single once :)

Is this something that "grown adults" should be able to do? Of course it is. Is it helpful or harmful?...difficult to honestly answer that question. Gaming definitely has an "addictive" aspect to it which affects folk in varying ways and to different extents.

That'll be the same Tory rag that described my home village as a 'former fishing village', we're actually very busy fishing here! See also, 'sit on the beach and watch the sun set'....bit difficult as it faces East!

Top Bottom