[video] Guardian VS Meta-alloy VS normal & engineered MODULES

verminstar

Banned
Im in the same boat as the op as in I honestly dont understand the point of getting the stuff that in many cases, is inferior stuff...that one has to grind for...instant fail unless yer already established and have everything already and ye just want everything there is to have because...well just because.

As its only useful when fighting thargoids, and I have zero interest in thargoids because its all pew pew which is just shallow gameplay imo with no imagination...then why exactly would I need guardian modules?

Endgame toys fer endgame players who already have everything. If they could be engineered to be either as effective as standard engineered modules, or slightly better, then theres a point to them...but ye cant so they remain a novelty item in a gift shop...nice to look at but thats about all that special about them ^

I like the guardian ones cause I can get close enough effective caustic resistance with less actual hull poinfs, so I can get more out of Decontamination limpets.

So I guess the only useful module is the guardian FSD booster...

Shield reinforcement & FSD boosters have no counter parts oo they are already filling a niche and really GUARDIAN MODULE reinforcement is the only useful one...and that's only because there is no ENGENEERED upgrades for normal part!

Shield reinforcement & FSD boosters have no counter parts oo they are already filling a niche and really GUARDIAN MODULE reinforcement is the only useful one...and that's only because there is no ENGENEERED upgrades for normal part!

Selene needs to get busy...

Fdev clearly didn't think this stuff through.

Or they disagree with the assertion that anyone collecting the Guardian stuff will have full engineering access before then.
The PA and PD are quick and easy to unlock for a new player compared to Grade 4 PP and Grade 4 PD, and if doing so can pick up the FSDB and and Shield reinforcement.

All they need is a ship that can carry 16 tons an SRV and fuel scoop to get to the Guardian systems, can do the Decoding mission, and as much of the Decryption mission as they can without the Thragoid stuff, and loot and pillage carry out careful extraction of guardian materials, and go from there, especially with material traders to get the non guardian stuff one needs.

Certainly a viable alternative to engineering

Did you even watch the video?

Not like it's hard to engineer anything to G3, which is about all the guardian stuffs are good as. So no, it's not a viable alternative at all.

Yes I did watch the video, I am also allowed to disagree with the assertion that unlocking the guardian stuff from scratch is more effort than unlocking to grade 4 the PD and PP engineers, which is part of my post you didnt quote

Guardian power plants are useful for exploration as you can go with a lower grade that has less mass. And I agree with Vasious that unlocking Guardian tech is less of a chore and at least offers some engaging content compared to falling asleep as you hunt down the various mats needed to engineer your gear.

Now I can understand someone wanting to grind out engineers to upgrade their Corvette or Cutter into an unstoppable god ship, but to grind your life away to engineer your entire fleet is not healthy. Guardian tech offers a lightweight replacement and is all you need to retrofit any ship to murder Thargoids. It serves its purpose IMO.

Yes I did watch the video, I am also allowed to disagree with the assertion that unlocking the guardian stuff from scratch is more effort than unlocking to grade 4 the PD and PP engineers, which is part of my post you didnt quote

So a stepping stone with no longevity. I don't see the value. The guardians are cool-ish, but the modules are super niche.

Agree! Also the fact unlocking all the guardian tech is a hell of an adventure and the site for the fighters is stunning! Got great photos of that in a ionised cloud around it, if you don't venture to get guardian tech your really not playing elite and missinf allot of amazing planets and sights to see! Not a fan of yamiks either, to immature..

Im in the same boat as the op as in I honestly dont understand the point of getting the stuff that in many cases, is inferior stuff...that one has to grind for...instant fail unless yer already established and have everything already and ye just want everything there is to have because...well just because.

As its only useful when fighting thargoids, and I have zero interest in thargoids because its all pew pew which is just shallow gameplay imo with no imagination...then why exactly would I need guardian modules?

Endgame toys fer endgame players who already have everything. If they could be engineered to be either as effective as standard engineered modules, or slightly better, then theres a point to them...but ye cant so they remain a novelty item in a gift shop...nice to look at but thats about all that special about them ^
The whole purpose of FD introducing the Guardian tech into the game was to fight the Thargoids and for that purpose it does very well. I don't know why it has to be able to do everything else well too. The FSD booster is the exception to the rule and in my mind is an added bonus.​

The whole purpose of FD introducing the Guardian tech into the game was to fight the Thargoids and for that purpose it does very well. I don't know why it has to be able to do everything else well too. The FSD booster is the exception to the rule and in my mind is an added bonus.​
I can understand if your only focused on the main part but to say elite has a end game i do not agree, there is more to elite then buying as many ships as possible or full engineering or buying your favourite ship, the massive size of elite and the detail involved provides endless imagination, i mine, battle, build, explore and recently fight thargoids, explore planets i did from the start, there is so much! As for guardian tech yes it is pointless if your only focused on getting the best ship and best weapons, i farmed meta alloys just to unlock it and have the expeince on a thargoid planned and see scavengers and i already maxed out guardian data and tech, unlocked all engineers before that on the east and south side of the bubble and had guardian tech all unlocked, it is not pointless trust me

As the reply said, guardian tech is for guardian fighting and i love it! Not to mention the guardian blue hue is majestic ♡

If you also truly love space and science and the beauty of the universe this game is as close as it gets and there are stunning sights to see.

If you have a one goal in mind mindset which is get the biggest baddest ship your limiting the potential of what elite has to offer and have been eluded by the purpose of elite, this is not a quick finish game you dust off in a week, its a constant evolving experience that gives and gives, if your after a quickie, maybe play a different game.

Top Bottom