[video] Guardian vs normal & engineered WEAPONS

The new tech adds flavour, and the Guardian stuff is cool...

But there is just too much grind in the game, for me personally.

It makes me super frustrated that there is a 4-piece limit on AX weaponry (H/G).

It makes me super frustrated there are no Small or Huge AX weaponry (H/G).

It makes me super frustrated that it takes 10x materials just to fully maximise a Grade 5 module.

It makes me super frustrated that it takes 2-10 hours foraging for materials to Engineer just one ship (and even then, you may need more, even when brokering/trading)

It makes me super frustrated that there are never any Galnet articles being published in which Systems are under attack by Thargoids (as seen in the promo months ago when they were showing off the voice-over for Galnet)

So much of this game frustrates me... even down to the little details where a Shield Booster has around just as many hit points as a Fighter Bay.

Hence, a reason I've dropped off Elite for the past couple of weeks, and I probably won't be back till Q3 or even much later till Q4 - and when they do come out, I wonder... how long will it keep me interested in playing?

And if they release a paid-for expansion... will I be bothered to buy it?

Why should I give them my money when so many of their game mechanics frustrate me? At this point in development, it has occurred to me that this algorythm of game design isn't going to change any time soon - so why would new content or an expansion change anything?

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the game and how it is turning out at the moment. I've bought and played a few new games recently, and I'm glad to say they are fun or are in no way, shape, or form a grind like this game.

#sadness

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid, Yamiks. I've been desperately trying to find damage numbers (and visuals) on the large plasma chargers since FD changed the damage display from showing their AX damage to showing their human ship damage.

Is your video from before that change, or after? Like, at 2:16 when the stats for the plasma chargers are showing, is that 3.9 damage with a 17x multiplier the expected damage vs a human ship?

It makes me super frustrated that there is a 4-piece limit on AX weaponry (H/G).

It makes me super frustrated there are no Small or Huge AX weaponry (H/G).

It makes me super frustrated that there are never any Galnet articles being published in which Systems are under attack by Thargoids (as seen in the promo months ago when they were showing off the voice-over for Galnet)

Totally agree with these points. It sucks how much the Corvette is nerfed for AX use, just because of the lack of c4 weapon options.

So I decided to watch a couple of your videos after I kept hearing from other cmdrs about you.

Your choice of words in this episode.... is rather very cringy.

Also your videos lately have been nothing but constant whining, why don't you suggest solutions to the core problems?

Whining is still feedback, don't get me wrong but I think your videos would have a bigger impact if they we'rent littered with pre-teenager insults and baby dried tear drops.

Last edited:
So I decided to watch a couple of your video after I kept hearing from other cmdrs about you.

Your choice of words in this episode are rather cringy.

Also your videos lately have been nothing but constant whining, why don't you suggest solutions to the core problems?

Whining is still feedback, don't get me wrong but I think your videos would have a bigger impact if they we'rent littered with pre-teenager insults and baby dried tear drops.

Brace yourself Solehunter...........I agree with you completely.

I didn't make it past the moaning, no idea what Yamics thinks of the weapons themselves.

Brace yourself Solehunter...........I agree with you completely.

I didn't make it past the moaning, no idea what Yamics thinks of the weapons themselves.

He said the guardian weapons are totally optional when the reality is quite the opposite, they are absolutely necessary to be efficient at killing thargoids.

I tend to agree with him in regards to how we have to grind all the different variation of weapons - i.e turrets, gimbals and fixed. That's an easy fix, once you unlock said ''X'' guardian weapon then all variation become accessible as well. It's far more fun to acquire the materials since you have to solve puzzles while fighting off enemies protecting them.

As for the AX weapons being weaker, I tend to be in the middle of the argument, from a balance perspective I think they should be equally viable but in the same time from a narrative perspective. I think it make more sense to create powerful alien technology capable of dealing superior damage to the thargoids, it's also way cooler.

Last edited:
He said the guardian weapons are totally optional ......

Ummm... no... I did say that THARGOIDS are optional part of the game! Cmon listen!

Thanks for the vid, Yamiks. I've been desperately trying to find damage numbers (and visuals) on the large plasma chargers since FD changed the damage display from showing their AX damage to showing their human ship damage.....

That was from the 3.1.2 update soo yeah these be fresh stats!

Ummm... no... I did say that THARGOIDS are optional part of the game! Cmon listen!

That was from the 3.1.2 update soo yeah these be fresh stats!

I stand corrected. However in my defense it's hard to keep track of what's being said when every two word is followed by jizz and poop.

Last edited:
I don't need a vid to tell. It goes like this:

Vanilla: Useless peashooter. (ymmv - they ARE once you have a certain combat rank)

Engineers: Overpowered pestilence that basically ruins the complete gameplay

Alien stuff weapons: Grindineer stuff is so overpowered, they had to make any existing weapon useless against the aliens. Instead grind again once more (kidding, it's actually dozens more) to experience this content. Thx, but no.

I stand corrected. However in my defense it's hard to keep track of what's being said when every two word is followed by jizz and poop.

Hehe, well it depends on the person.. NOW IF I was like one of the typical forum-dads here I'd say : "well look this ADD kid cant bear even 5 or soo minutes of the video... what a shame this younger generation is!"

Ahhh yes : love ya forums, but reddit is way more fun! =}

Hehe, well it depends on the person.. NOW IF I was like one of the typical forum-dads here I'd say : "well look this ADD kid cant bear even 5 or soo minutes of the video... what a shame this younger generation is!"

I'd argue that the forum dads are far more interesting than your videos though, they produce far higher quality content.

Also, you're the one who posted the video here, you should at the very least expect a few people to dislike it.

I don't need a vid to tell. It goes like this:

Vanilla: Useless peashooter. (ymmv - they ARE once you have a certain combat rank)

Engineers: Overpowered pestilence that basically ruins the complete gameplay

Alien stuff weapons: Grindineer stuff is so overpowered, they had to make any existing weapon useless against the aliens. Instead grind again once more (kidding, it's actually dozens more) to experience this content. Thx, but no.

Just so I understand your point of view. Two questions.

Do you have Horizons?

And if you do, do you Engineer?

Sorry one more question - have you fought a Thargoid Interceptor?

I'd argue that the forum dads are far more interesting than your videos though, they produce far higher quality content.

Also, you're the one who posted the video here, you should at the very least expect a few people to dislike it.

...it's as if you think I don't expect it? Well you have assumed wrong there too then! =}

...it's as if you think I don't expect it? Well you have assumed wrong there too then! =}

Idk! but you sounded pretty salty to me about a couple of people not liking your video here.

Complaining that Yamiks complains and is crude is like complaining that Gordon Ramsay is angry and curses, or that Ben Stein is monotone and boring. It's not even really a complaint, you're just pointing out their schtick.

Complaining that Yamiks complains and is crude is like complaining that Gordon Ramsay is angry and curses, or that Ben Stein is monotone and boring. It's not even really a complaint, you're just pointing out their schtick.

Except I didn't complain I said it's fine to whine (it's still feedback).

I said his videos would have more impact if he didn't use pre-teenager slurs.

It's merely a suggestion, if he wants to keep using words that are springtide-juvenile go for it, i'm sure there's a tender age market for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom