[Video] January update, was this what we ASKED?! & Fleet carrier delay...

If the result is less bugs in the game then its great.... but my suspicion is, once they start adding more content again, everything will go to bug town again, and we will be back where we started.

This is why i think this all "let's do betas and lets fix bugs" business is (unfortunately) just a delay with no real positive outcome in the long term.

I'd bet good money the moment fleet carriers are added, even if there is a beta phase, there will be a ton of bugs related to them, and a few things that have absoloutely nothing to do with fleet carriers will mysteriously break as well.

You know me, i'm a fan of ED and FD, but we've seen this pattern with content updates time and again. We've seen betas where bugs were addressed only for new bugs to appear the moment it went live. This is what seemingly was forgotten about by the open letter writers, most of whom have been here since the early days when we had betas.

If FD have somehow got their act together, and can make live new content releases that don't break new things, then great. I'm not getting my hopes up in advance though.

I don't understand why people bothered by minor new release bugs don't play something else for a bit. Seems like an entirely self inflicted issue to me.

i completely agree. we're just stuck in a fundamental disagreement about which ones!

The ones upset that they got their own way would seem an obvious choice :D.

The last patch I'd have network issues, black screens while in CZs, decal issues, and other problems that made me just stop- I went from a stable game down to breathe and it crashes.

Just because you don't get them, does not make them any less relevant.

Decal issues !!!!!! dear god no, I hope you called the police.

We've seen betas where bugs were addressed only for new bugs to appear the moment it went live.

this is what they do:

publish beta
gather feedback
close beta
release patch mixed with last minute added changes

and that's a recipe for disaster. what they should be doing:

1. open beta
gather feedback
fix some stuff and goto 1, or at some reasonable point, break
release beta, exactly beta

this is really elementary, very basic sw engineering methodology. if you don't get this all your master degree aren't worth squat. id doesn't really have any excuse. it has no doubt many explanations.

It's funny how so many say we are upset on patch day and are never happy. They did bug fixes cause it's what we asked for. Well we also never asked them to stop updating the game.

If you think that after year 2 bug fixes are not gonna be back after we finally get a real update you have obviously not followed Frontier that long and are playing the white knight card.

Next update will bring these bugs back plus new ones. And I'm right and your wrong I'm sorry to tell you. Past experience playing this amazing game has been the same and see no sign of change in the future.

This update is yet another let down for veteran players. There is absolutely nothing happening for almost 2.5 years and yet we continue to give them more of our cash. Why? Its because we absolutely love this game and have the right to express how we feel. So maybe stop calling other people babies and put down that white knight card and call it how it is.

Its rubbish....

Well, just checked in after NOT playing for months to see what was up with the latest update....

Seems to be more of the same (update-wise and forum-wise)...

Nothing interesting enough to get me playing again. See you again when the next update drops!

My position is that there never were any carries. It was all a made up. There was another thread where we discussed it and it seems that most of the hype shots were fake. But no, not yet, there is still plenty of time for them to get carriers in by christmas. I want to be proved wrong i really do. :D

i think there are, at least some carcasses. they've been very secretive about the real deal, but it's not really a big deal, is it? just a dlc. conspirations aren't really necessary for business screwing stuff up all the time. used as a bluff to save face at some point, maybe, but not a deliberate strategy. you need to have your folks trained like clockwork for such strategies to work and i don't think that's the case at all.

If the result is less bugs in the game then its great.... but my suspicion is, once they start adding more content again, everything will go to bug town again, and we will be back where we started.

This is why i think this all "let's do betas and lets fix bugs" business is (unfortunately) just a delay with no real positive outcome in the long term.

I'd bet good money the moment fleet carriers are added, even if there is a beta phase, there will be a ton of bugs related to them, and a few things that have absoloutely nothing to do with fleet carriers will mysteriously break as well.

You know me, i'm a fan of ED and FD, but we've seen this pattern with content updates time and again. We've seen betas where bugs were addressed only for new bugs to appear the moment it went live. This is what seemingly was forgotten about by the open letter writers, most of whom have been here since the early days when we had betas.

If FD have somehow got their act together, and can make live new content releases that don't break new things, then great. I'm not getting my hopes up in advance though.
It wasn't forgotten about by the Community Requests letter writers:
"All releases both major and minor should have an open beta period of sufficient length (2 weeks minimum) to identify and correct all bugs introduced by the patch prior to going live. We understand hot fixes and other micro releases may not warrant a beta period."

I'm sorry, there is literally no way anyone who was upset at Fdev for the bugs before and after the September update could possibly be now upset with Fdev for fixing said bugs, at the cost of what little content we might have gotten before the 2020 update.

You literally got what you wanted.

This community restlessness is made worse by the airtight comms policy. Nothing is ever revealed until they're almost done with it. Therefore in the dearth of knowledge expectations become unrealistic, people become jaded, etc etc. And then there's a push of info right before a big gaming show and it's all bells and whistles again. (until it's delayed)

I've thought many times over the years that FD have created their own community problems through lack of discourse over the game's roadmap. If people are willing to wait 7 years for Star Citizen with still no release on the horizon, I think people in this community would be willing to bear some delays from time to time, if the game's roadmap is being openly shared and discussed. Holding things too close to the vest is causing more harm than good in my opinion, but I think this has always been their style.

i think there are, at least some carcasses. they've been very secretive about the real deal, but it's not really a big deal, is it? just a dlc. conspirations aren't really necessary for business screwing stuff up all the time. used as a bluff to save face at some point, maybe, but not a deliberate strategy. you need to have your folks trained like clockwork for such strategies to work and i don't think that's the case at all.

Well look what actually happened. Carriers promised, advert released, players mistake artwork for "actual in game footage", hype is generated, no carriers. Quite some effort was made to make people think there was going to be carriers, not much effort was put into making the carriers themselfs.

Top Bottom