[video] Quality of life improvements 3

Accessing lore from beacons in SC.

I mean seriously, you come into a system with those and I have to drop in to access the lore ? What kind of non sense is that.
I would love the ability to access the beacon data and have galnet audio deliver the content while I go my way in SC.

Making the lore accessible is important damit.

1) For the love of Bacon the Powerplay menus need to be fixed up. For a pretty-standard hauling Cutter build you're looking at fourteen cycles of pick cargo --> load cargo --> clickthrough text --> pay to reset timer --> repeat. This is far from the only area the the PP functions need fixing up, but the cargo loading one is the most laborious one that happens every week. Attached: hand-sketch of how I'd like it to look.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315930042859257856/400020401557864448/image.jpg

2) While engineering, especially Thrusters and shields: show the projected results (e.g. speed, shield strength) from that blueprint vs. currently-equipped. It's very hard to predict sometimes whether or not those new thrusters with higher optimal multiplier but lower optimal mass are going to affect your ship. Ditto for shields. Armour with Hull Reinforcement and Hull Boost is another one that's hard to figure out. After all the work of accessing/unlocking/obtaining materials/rolling I'm left with ambiguity of "is this even an upgrade?" about half the time.

3) Galaxy map filter: Show me only bookmarked systems.

4) We have a "Target Next System on Route" button already. How about a "target previous system" button for those "oh crap, have to high-wake" moments or the "I'm looping cargo back and forth" laps.

Accessing lore from beacons in SC.

I mean seriously, you come into a system with those and I have to drop in to access the lore ? What kind of non sense is that.
I would love the ability to access the beacon data and have galnet audio deliver the content while I go my way in SC.

Making the lore accessible is important damit.

Lore from beacons yeah .. that is the thing an the way ed devs tell the history & stuff!

Top Bottom