[Video] Thargoid CAPITAL ship, COMETS, mining fighters, new ships & more!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How did we drop on the level of getting information from HTML metatags and game files?

Also you show UnknownCapitalShip and called it a ThargoidCaptialShip, that's a lot of free interpretation.

Last edited:

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

When developing a game, especially one the size of a Galaxy, there is a lot of information and naming of files required into putting it all together. This certainly doesn't mean that everything you read in the files will make its way into the game. There are many reasons why these names may have been added over the years and it's important not to jump to conclusions when speculating about these files. To make sure that no one is given any misinformation and becomes disappointed, it's always best to wait for official news and announcements regarding all features and content.

Greetings Commanders,

When developing a game, especially one the size of a Galaxy, there is a lot of information and naming of files required into putting it all together. This certainly doesn't mean that everything you read in the files will make its way into the game. There are many reasons why these names may have been added over the years and it's important not to jump to conclusions when speculating about these files. To make sure that no one is given any misinformation and becomes disappointed, it's always best to wait for official news and announcements regarding all features and content.
Trouble with that is the relative scarcity of official news. We’re often left to sit on our hands and wonder for many months on end, only to be handed the usual “Soon” stuff.

I get that you don’t want to get our hopes up about stuff, but honestly, silence and secrecy just makes everything worse. You have a community here that is starving for information, but you only give us scraps until nearly the last minute. It’s immensely frustrating, especially since other developers out there have much steadier communication and content reveals.

Greetings Commanders,

I remember certainly a few things being mentioned some time ago that you can find in the files. It would be super cool to know which of the things are leftovers and maybe , even elaborate on what happened to them. I find it incredibly interesting to learn of the game dev process! =}

... There are many reasons why these names may have been added over the years and it's important not to jump to conclusions when speculating about these files...

As a software developer I support this message. There have been many time that a seemingly innocuous name, adjective or verb has come back to bite me in the behind. Especially a manager or end user claims they now Know how the system works because of it.

Greetings Commanders,

so... will you tell us what the video was wrong about? You know, just to quell any hype that might be building... wouldn't want everyone to get worked up for no reason!

Cheers
DZ

Greetings Commanders,

This is a very tactfully written response that does come around to identifying this is misinformation. Which I think does not surprise anyone; it's clickbait.

Greetings Commanders,

but you still didn't say 'no'

giphy.gif

If football transfer windows have taught me one thing, then it's that once a club feels the need to post an official rebuttal, it's pretty much a done deal. 😜😅

See also political responses to questions about rumours that some minister or another is going to be sacked, usually along the lines of "The minister has my full confidence" or "The chancellor's position is unassailable". Thrown under the bus the next day, usually :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom