Guide / Tutorial Video walk-through of a delivery mission

I have seen that occasionally people are confused about the delivery missions so I just made a quick video showing how to do one:

EDIT - new video using E D 3.4

I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Wished I'd have seen this vid two days ago...

I had a very small delivery (yeah, I'm new to the game). So I get the mission, Go to the commodities board, buy the 4 items requested, take off, fly to the destination, Almost get Interdicted :eek:, Break the lock :D(WOOT!!) and finally, safely land at the station.

I go to turn in the items...and they aren't there. Hmmm...I know I selected the mission...Yup, it is showing up on the board. I know that I bought the materials as they are sitting in my hold. So what is going on. I look at the commodities board and see that I can sell the items, but at a loss. So I hang on to them thinking maybe I truly didn't do something and if I sell them, I will just have to buy them all over again. So...

I Take off, go back to the starting system, land, find the mission, (Yup, there are the items!), take off, go back, blah,blah,blah...No items to hand in...But they are in my hold......

So, I GO back to the starting system...again. Land...again. Pull up the mission board...THAT is the moment that I realize that the cargo does not Auto-Load. I then realize that I have to sell the items back to the commodities board to make room for the shipment items. (Luckily I only lost about 45 credits).

I go back to the mission board, Load the items for the mission and get ready to take off...But before I do, I check to see that they are there in my hold...WTFF!!!11!!! Where did they go? Oh...You have to click the center button to make them actually LOAD (dumbass). I FINALLY got the 4 items loaded, headed back to the mission end point and turned in my mission.

Sometimes you have to do things twice, or three times, to learn the lesson. The attempted Interdiction (NPC I guess, I was in Solo mode) I was able to beat because I saw a video that showed you how to beat it...YouTube is good for something.

Thanks for your time!

Carry on Commanders!

OBS doesn't have direct access to the framebuffer so you will see lower quality with a higher overhead without Shadowplay, even using the nvenc hardware codec. I'd be inclined to capture with Shadowplay, then edit the file in Shotcut or similar.

OBS doesn't have direct access to the framebuffer so you will see lower quality with a higher overhead without Shadowplay, even using the nvenc hardware codec. I'd be inclined to capture with Shadowplay, then edit the file in Shotcut or similar.
Thanks for that but I really don't want to install the GEforceExperience gubbins again. I will have a look at the Shotcut thing, it seems well regarded. I have actually got OBS studio set up better, now I just have to correct the audio levels! I might redo this video (and some others) for the new UI plus of course sort that audio. LOL

Top Bottom