Ships Views on Mamba build

I'm looking to play more in open and would quite like to be able to at least put up a fight.

I'm not a very good combat pilot. I'm at master but obtained that through pve so its utterly meaningless.

Because I'm no good at staying on an opponent's tail (even against NPCs) I figured a boom and zoom fighting style might suit hence the mamba.

Build below. Gone for hybrid hull tank. Thoughts?

So far I've engineered the hull (inc HRPs) and the FSD. Got my backside handed to me by some ToC pilots in Deciat (on xbox) last night who were able to get through my engineered hull worrying fast (although my lack of pvp experience was probably to blame).

Cheers

Edit: I should add that, so far, I've only got the huge PA (unengineered) fitted. The two large are stored elsewhere. However, firing the huge on its own has my heat jump up to about 93% straight away. I'm hoping completing the planned engineering will help this. I gather that power plant engineering helps with this.

Last edited:
Hi Lumbar,

hopefully you will get a lot of Critique on your build, and end of the day you pick and choose the bits that suit you and your style. Personally i have 2 Rails in the 1 slots both with Feedback to stop my opponent from taking advantage of any SCB he/she might have, and if power allows make em long range so you can bother them at range whilst your weak shield recharge.

Good luck and remember practice makes perfect, and there is no 'one ultimate build', it is what suits you sir!

Edit: I should add that, so far, I've only got the huge PA (unengineered) fitted. The two large are stored elsewhere. However, firing the huge on its own has my heat jump up to about 93% straight away. I'm hoping completing the planned engineering will help this. I gather that power plant engineering helps with this.

I have Railguns with "Super Penetrator"...and PA. While I pump heat with the PA I reduce the heat with the Rails(Edit: PA exp. effect: Thermal Conduit: more heat adds DPS to the Rails)...

At least I think it works that way...

Last edited:
Just as a side note: Please don't use coriolis.edcd.io anymore. It is outdated and no longer supported. At the top of your build page, you can find a link to instructions on how to migrate to coriolis.io

Hey Yall,

I think you will find the Mamba to be best served as a straight shield tank. It has really really tough shields, only bettered by the big 3 and FDL.
Just use HRP and MRP to get your resistance values all above zero, nothing in the negative, then just pump your shields as high as they can go. Prismatics are nice on this vessel if you have the rep for them. Guardian shield boosters are also nice on this ship. Hardpoints, you have options. I like 3 big plasmas and 2 small rails sometimes. But all frags set up on this gets the job done as well., and HOW. And if you like playing to the vessels strengths of speed, a nice set of long range multicannons work quite well. Get interdicted by some nasty types, boost away get reverski going with long range multi's to the face as they try to close the gap, then just boost away again, rinse repeat...most will get fed up trying to catch you, and just jump away.

With g5 thrusters, you should be close to 590 m/s, even with prismatics and multicannons weighing you down. I love this ship, its not the best, but i still love it. Hope you have fun with her as well.

Cheers Skywave.

I realised it's not a hybrid type ship not long after I posted this. I'll definitely revisit it after reading your post.

If you are worried about heat, go with efficient upgrade, it's the only good one that helps with that. Efficient also helps with distributor draw among other things. Short range actually makes the heat issues much worse (+40% heat), so don't do it if you have heat concerns. As for experimentals on the Plasmas, put the oversized on the C4 one to get the most benefit, and put target lock breaker and dispersal field on the other two.

I also would not try to make the Mamba a Bi-weave hull tank. It just is not suited for it, it does not have enough internal slots to fill with hull reinforcements like a Chieftain or a Krait does. Therefore I'd recommend to convert it to a prismatic shield tank. I'd only fit one chaff and heatsink (mod them for ammo capacity), and have four shield boosters, with 2 heavy duty, and 2 resistance augmented, with super capacitors on all four. Please note that if you exchange the two shield boosters on your build to resistance augmented + super capacitor, you'll get better resistances in each than with the mix of thermal and kinetic resistance boosters.

Top Bottom