Vintage Animals DLC (more realistic idea for extinct animals dlc)

Vintage I mean species that were near us in more recent time, like 400-100 years ago. We could get a system similar to Zoo Tycoon 2 Extinct Animals - we will need big money to hire a sciencists (or get a vet with new special skills) who will work at genetics and finding cloning materials.
With this dlc Planet Zoo would get tons of new players who are more into paleo-world, because there are only few games that offer this type of animals (Zoo Tycoon 2, Prehistoric Kingdom MAYBE in future).

My ideas for species are here. Most of them are very simliar to modern species so Planet Zoo creators shouldn't have a bigger problems with creating them (we have many videos with thylacines and taurus cattle as reference for aurochs).

• Bluebuck
  • Quagga
  • Caspian Tiger
  • Aurochs
  • Thylacine
  • Dodo
  • Great Auk
  • Golden Toad

Every animal should get a single vintage painting as decoration.
and of course you can type more ideas in comments. Just try to think about some original species, not the copies of our previous ones (like malayan tapir and baird's tapir).

Correct me if my English is wrong guys. Thanks

I don't like the idea of a DLC with species which are extinct even if its extinction was in historic times. I hope that Planet Zoo just will stay on still living species and in fact there are still so much possibilities of animals which would enrich the game.

I really have no problem with people which would like to see extinct animals in the game and I respect your wish and your list. But I would not buy such a DLC and I think there are also many others which would not buy this DLC. In fact I would rather buy a DLC constisting of Brazilian tapir, massai Giraffe, grevys zebra, forest elephant. I also cannot imagine that this DLC would bring tons of new players to the game. They still have to buy the base game plus the DLC just to get 8 extinct animals they can use. Perhaps this animals are better settled into another game like prehistoric kingdom.
If I take your list and take similar alive species instead you could make a nice DLC in my opinion:
Blackbuck
Grevys zebra
Amur Leopard (we already have two tigers, but no Leopard)
Yak
Tasmanian devil
Shoebill (like the Dodo a very special bird)
Puffin
Blue tree climber

Last edited:
Love the idea!

Though this would be my list:

Golden toad, Incilius periglenes
Thylacine, Thylacinus cynocephalus
Bubal hartebeest, Alcelaphus buselapus buselapus
Quagga, Equus quagga quagga
Great auk, Pinguinus impennis
Steller's sea cow, Hydrodamalis gigas
Dodo, Raphus cucullatus
Aurochs, Bos primigenius

8 animals for which conservation and protection came just a little too late. Introduces a completely new type of species to the game: a sirenian (which should work perfectly within the game's currently established mechanics). These animals all went extinct due to human-caused extinction.

Some info on these animals, listed from most recently extinct to oldest:
Golden toad - extinct 1989. First species verified to go extinct due to climate change.
Thylacine - extinct 1936. Marsupial striped predator that lived in Tasmania and Australia. Last one shot dead by a farmer.
Bubal hartebeest - extinct 1925. Decimated during the French conquest of Algeria and then hunted to extinction. Protection came in 1933, which was 8 years too late.
Quagga - extinct 1883. Uniquely colored zebra subspecies that was half brown, half striped. Hunted to extinction.
Great auk - extinct 1852. Penguin-like bird that was not a penguin, discovered before we knew penguins existed. Penguins are actually named penguins because they looked like great auks. It lived in the North Atlantic. Its down was used to stuff pillows. Hunted to extinction.
Steller's sea cow - extinct 1768. Huge friendly sea cow that was hunted to extinction within 27 years of its discovery.
Dodo - extinct 1662. A big and slow bird that was hunted to extinction by explorers, who ate them. One of the most culturally significant human-caused extinctions.
Aurochs - extinct 1627. Ancestor of our modern cattle, and survived all the way through the middle ages until it was hunted to extinction.

Top Bottom