IMPORTANT: Vintage Pack new DLC coming soon!

Thanks Bo. Why don´t you communicate this though? You know that many people is eager and hungry for more fixes and that it´s causing "a havoc" sometimes on this forum. And you still don´t even mention it. I can´t understand this :(. And this is happening basicaly with every update since ever.

"A few" fixes is also what makes me a bit worried. Honestly, I think this games actually needs more than "few fixes" and I believe like everything was already submitted dozen of times, usually with no real reaction, at best with answer that "feedback was forwarded to the development team". And as was said by someone above, it´s not about crashes and similar bugs. I (we) think there is need of QoL updates.

The DLC is nice, I must say I know a lot of people actually asked for similar content and you are about to give it to us. It´s still my bigger and bigger concern, that you are kind of "milking the cow" now and there is no real future for Planet Coaster. It´s just those free updates are actually less and less interesting and no efforts go into them. They are kind of "faking" that you are supporting the game, while it´s not entirely true. You focus on adding paid content that bring you money. The rest is just to try to keep everyone else silent.

The upcoming update, what does it offer? filters (very likely very easy to do), recolorable staff (feature requested, but also expected since day one and I don´t think it also was hard to implement), vending machines (re-skinned and modified ATMs) and Craw machines (bscly after the announcement of DLC, I see it´s obviously only because it was easy to reskin something you gonna add to the paid DLC anyway). And on top of that, you add a coaster, just to make sure people don´t go rage. It actually seems like into every update goes less and less efforts.

I would be happier if there was not this free update, only the one including QoL. I see however, you took the direction to only add content (mostly paid) and when people stop buying it, you will drop the support completely. If that´s the case (and I believe it is, because everything is pointing that way), people like me, who are looking for some gameplay related improvements should probably go look somewhere else. Clearly the team decided to focus on the "creators" side of the community ( I can understand that, they are easier to please and bring you more money) and the rest is left behind.

Very well said and 100% agree. I'm dying for a straight up QOL update. I would love management updates, builder updates, coaster editor updates, etc. over additional content. Frankly I hate the fact that Frontier is wasting time adding just content packs, when the community can do this via mods and UGC. That would free up Frontier to actually improving the base game. (Look at Cities Skylines) Milking the cow is definitely accurate.

This pack and free update are just........WOW!!!! Thanks for all your hard work. I am pleased with all the flat rides we are going to get. Although I find a huge missed opportunity to add a Grand Carousel. I was also hoping for the Flying Scooters. It would have fit in perfect!
BischRocco8car.jpg

All in all....... This will be my favorite DLC to date. Well done Frontier.

Last edited:
I agree this by far my favorite DLC. I would've liked a Grand Carousel to be added with this DLC as well. Maybe they will add it since the DLC isn't coming out until July 10th.

I'm excited for this update just because I love this game so much and welcome any new content.

I too however am hopeful that other gameplay details will be addressed in the future. I always hear the team pointing out the detail in the artwork and models (like screws and mechanisms.) I'm just wishing for more detail in the simulation too.

Things like...
  • Loading and unloading stations for rides to improve throughput.
  • Extend staff management to ride operators and queue entrance staff (needing breaks, able to train for better performance, etc.)
  • Ability to have guests unloading and loading simultaneously. (Maybe as an upgrade when you train the ride operator.)
  • Janitors that actually have to take the garbage to garbage collection areas.
  • Backstage areas for staff only.
  • Work rosters by paintable "zones" on the map like in previous games. Current work rosters only work well for ride-only mechanics.
  • Stat overlays on the map for crime, park cleanliness, etc. so we can plan and manage these issues.
  • Security guards, janitors and mechanics that aren't clones.

Also, count me as one more fan that has "chairlift" as my number one requested ride.

Still love this game - it's the best. Hope this kind of development is still being considered. Maybe not as flashy as a theme pack but would be greatly loved by the community.

I still want to know what the Hurricane and Centrum are. I’m thinking they might be rides from RCT3. Centrum could be a Round Up. Hurricane, hard to tell.

The Hurricane could be a Thunderbolt type ride and the Centrum sounds like a Round Up type ride. I guess we will have to wait and see if they release more screenshots.

Kinderly made a nice DIY chairlift on the workshop, it’ll work as a stand in until we get the real deal. I’m still hoping we get a chairlift, grand carousel, and Gravitron later this year or next year. They will probably make two more DLC’s this year.

Last edited:
Good Work Frontier! What I see in this pictures is amazing and really good work. I’m thankful that you are doing special DLC Packs and I like all of them you released.

I’m thinking to something like Citi skylines with 100000 mods, make it unplayable. If I starting after a while u have to search for new once and deleted a lot before u can even play. For me that’s sucks! Please Frontier no mods! 😡

And Bo u doing a good and amazing job, I apologise for all gamers here, their just complaining amd u can never be the best for them. :/

Anyway the game has so much potential for many amazing and hilliarous DLC and addings. I can’t wait to download it and see the new plants. 😍😍

Well done Frontier! Keep going! 👍👍👍

I really like the Barbershop Quartet. They give the new Vintage DLC that old time feel. This might be the DLC that I use the most. I will be purchasing this DLC on July 10th.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that they do a vintage pack,but don't include the classical old doombuggy ride(carnaval festival,Phantom Manor,Geisterschloss).It's such a classic ride and would fit the carnaval/vintage style really well.
[sour]Sadly another reason for me that this is the first pack,that i can't really use(ridewise).Let's look how useful the scenery and walls will be.

Top Bottom