IMPORTANT: Vintage Pack new DLC coming soon!

Well I'm well pleased to a point, I requested a 'Vintage', (Victorian type pack) [up] although I must say, one of my most requested rides have been the 'Helter Skelter' and a 'Grand Carousel' and this being a 'Vintage' pack It would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce them, rather than adding yet more Coasters [rolleyes]

Also, it's shame there's still no Chairlift, I see in the twitch steam now it's been mentioned a lot, maybe next time.

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I'm so excited for this one.
Thank's again Bo, for this this great news. And thanks, team Frontier for all your hard work [heart]
And Fisherman, I almost heard you scream all the way here in Lincolnshire ;)
This is exactly what I think the game needs as I'm guessing there'll be loads of pieces that are pretty generic and versatile. I can't wait.

And one more thing. That first shot with the sunset is so beautiful. My eyes nearly fell out.

Meh.

Either the descriptions of the new rides are deliberately vague or they chose some weird, obscure rides yet again; Instead of the usual suspects of much requested, missing rides. Are they trying to describe a graviton and a tall chairswing in there somewhere? Is that Aces High thing supposed to be a Flying Turns with airplane themed cars? I honestly can't tell and those cryptic announcements don't tickle my imagination at all.

Last edited:
Meh.

Either the descriptions of the new rides are deliberately vague or they chose some weird, obscure rides yet again; Instead of the usual suspects of much requested, missing rides. Are they trying to describe a graviton and a tall chairswing in there somewhere? Is that Aces High thing supposed to be a Flying Turns with airplane themed cars? I honestly can't tell and those cryptic announcements don't tickle my imagination at all.

The pier screenshot shows both a classic Rock-O-Plane and a classic Loop-O-Plane. And the other shot shows one of the others. Still not sure what the other two are...

The pier screenshot shows both a classic Rock-O-Plane and a classic Loop-O-Plane. And the other shot shows one of the others. Still not sure what the other two are...

Ed (twitch) did say they'd be releasing more screenshots upto the actual release, probably see something then.

I guessed carnival pack which I guess isn’t too far out. I’m very much looking forward to seeing th content of the DLC.

I wonder what the Zephyrus, Hurricane, and Centrum are? Maybe the Zephyrus is a new vintage train for the woodie (Oh I hope we can swap them out on the old tracks) Maybe Century Flyer trains?

Hurricane and Centrum? Maybe a Flying Bobs/Thunderbolt? Rotor or Roundup? Hmmm... I'm so excited to see! And the Victorian scenery objects they've shown so far are just beautiful. That lettering will be used a LOT, I'm sure. And all those nice columns and arches. And the giant clown entrances...so nice.

Last edited:
Can't you achieve a similar ride with the log flume?

Yes and no. A log as a vehicle aesthetically is somewhat prohibitive by design in terms of where best you can place such a ride theming wise. The main preference for the boat, however, is primarily the wider water channel and higher guest capacity. One could argue the water coaster in the game is closest but it's still not ideal. With Pirates, Small World, Jurassic Park River Adventure...etc being amongst the most popular rides of their kind in parks around the world, it's still something worthy of being included in Planet Coster (plus we had that type of ride in RCT3). It remains an odd omission.

Water rides do get the short end of the stick in PC, but theming wise it obviously would not have made sense for this pack, but there's a lot of scenic elements I am still very much looking forward to in the Vintage DLC so I'm eager to dig into it next week.

Last edited:
Look at the new vintage lampposts...

Much taller, good solid no-nonsense lampposts. I'm also liking the string lights.

streetlights.jpg

Thank you Bo for your response. But it is not about crash fixes or bugs per se. I'm talking about: A community divided by a game that went astray of its original vision which would probably need an update by itself. I've bought every DLC in the past, but after a couple of minutes, may be hours trying out the new pieces i stopped playing again, because the game lacks being a game and i don't have the time to put in gzllions of hours in order to build a beautiful park that doesn't work :(

Not everybody agrees an everyuthing in that thread. So it's hard to find the correct middle line for everybody to please..

other than that. Fixes/updates in a DLC pack would be a little weird. Those are in the earlier mentioned free update.

I like the DLC Pack. At least it contains more rides than the previous one which is a good thing

Last edited:
Centrum definitely sounds like a round up which is one I have been wanting for awhile. More flats are great. But this makes the 4th ferris wheel type ride now and only one carousel. This was the perfect opportunity for the grand carousel and yet missed :(. Still the rest is good... love the scenery pieces.

Thank you Frontier for the new Vintage DLC. This might be one of the best DLC ever. I like that the Vintage DLC has 5 new flat rides and 2 new wooden coasters. This DLC will be used a lot in my park. Also the DLC will come in handy for my boardwalk section of my park. I'm still surprised no grand carousel or chairlift with this DLC. Maybe Frontier can add them for the next DLC pack.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I love the new Vintage Pack DLC :D

That being said: I continue to look forward to a grand carousel and I hope to see it in Planet Coaster one day :) (it's not in this DLC based on the announcement)

I love the new Vintage Pack DLC :D

That being said: I continue to look forward to a grand carousel and I hope to see it in Planet Coaster one day :) (it's not in this DLC based on the announcement)

I thought they said something about a carosel in the livestream but I could be wrong.

Also your avatar keeps looking like an old piece of fixer or agent art from Anarchy Online unless I look at it directly. lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom