IMPORTANT: Vintage Pack new DLC coming soon!

That would be great if they did add a grand carousel to this DLC as a surprise flat ride. I probably missed them talking about it in the Livestream.

Well, I guess it's OK but some of my most wanted rides didn't make the cut. Chairlift, grand carousel, the whip are all rides that were part of classic parks. My local park has a grand carousel and a whip. I hope one of the rides is the round up. I liked that ride in RCT3. But no Gravitron or Rotor? Great pack, though. I was kind of hoping for a classic pack.

I think I know what Hurricane is... It's a Wipeout. It fits the description.. And the names are similar which is what Frontier likes doing.

Even though not a lot has been revealed yet, I'm guessing that....

Zephyrus is a wooden coaster with NAD trains
Aces High is a bobsled like coaster
Mouse Hunt is a wooden wild mouse
Round The World is a Chance Skydiver
Loop Da Loop is an Eyerly Loop O Plane
Hurricane is a Rotor/Gravitron ride
Centrum is a Round-up ride

While I do love this new pack, I think that a Vintage carnival theme would have been the perfect opportunity to give us the much-requested Schwarzkopf looping coaster and shuttle loop. Its not like I'm ungrateful, but I must reiterate that the Schwarzkopf coasters are possibly one of the most requested coaster types I've seen for this game.

Even though not a lot has been revealed yet, I'm guessing that....

Zephyrus is a wooden coaster with NAD trains
Aces High is a bobsled like coaster
Mouse Hunt is a wooden wild mouse
Round The World is a Chance Skydiver
Loop Da Loop is an Eyerly Loop O Plane
Hurricane is a Rotor/Gravitron ride
Centrum is a Round-up ride

While I do love this new pack, I think that a Vintage carnival theme would have been the perfect opportunity to give us the much-requested Schwarzkopf looping coaster and shuttle loop. Its not like I'm ungrateful, but I must reiterate that the Schwarzkopf coasters are possibly one of the most requested coaster types I've seen for this game.

Where did you see Mouse hunt?

Round the World is an Eyerly Rock-O-Plane. It's in the pier screenshot. Mouse Hunt is in the free update.

I still really want chairlifts and Schwarzkopf coasters...but hey...those would be great in a German Fair/Oktoberfest/Swiss Alps set 3 months from now.

Last edited:
So aces high kinda sounds like a bobsled with the wooden pipe description. But. Biplane cars doesn't make any sense. I really hope that if it is a bobsled.. It's early enough to request that the cars be more generic. Without looking like a biplane. Wings and bobsled coaster track doesn't seem like a good match

So aces high kinda sounds like a bobsled with the wooden pipe description. But. Biplane cars doesn't make any sense. I really hope that if it is a bobsled.. It's early enough to request that the cars be more generic. Without looking like a biplane. Wings and bobsled coaster track doesn't seem like a good match

Wouldn't "Aces High" be a Flying Turns style wooden coaster that just happens to have slightly themed trains?

EDIT:
This...
[video=youtube;7g-UO_ivToA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-UO_ivToA[/video]

Last edited:
Well, I guess it's OK but some of my most wanted rides didn't make the cut. Chairlift, grand carousel, the whip are all rides that were part of classic parks. My local park has a grand carousel and a whip . . .
[up]

Yep -- assuming these are well-flexicolored I'll be happy to have 'em, but this highlights what we still won't have that would've been perfect in this pack. Will we ever get them in PlanCo?

Will we ever get truly better management, QoL, and game handling options? Will we even just get the existing non-flexicolored scenery well-flexicolored? Or will we get more years of "Wait & see!" and "Patience!" until potential competitors realize they can provide the game Frontier won't?

Last edited:
Wouldn't "Aces High" be a Flying Turns style wooden coaster that just happens to have slightly themed trains?

EDIT:
This...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-UO_ivToA

THat is what it sounds like.. I just don't like the idea of biplane themed cars. It makes it sound like they are going to have small wings on the side of the cars.. or a propeller on the front. I'd rather have something more generic so I don't have to figure out why my cars have a plane look to them when trying to fit them into say.. a bobsled type theme.

The Vintage Crane machine is a new way of getting your guests trying their luck to get some lovely park merchandise, and the famous Zoltan will predict your future. You are in charge of the probability of these machines, like how likely it is to win a prize or how positive the guests' fortunes are...

Wasn't the crane machine promised as part of the free update? This sounds like it's part of the DLC.

Must admit, while the new additions do look good, I'm really disappointed this time that the chairlift was not included. It's always been one of my major wishlist items and with all the buzz about it recently on the forums, I definitely thought the devs took note and it had to be coming. I'm thinking now it will never come, along with waterparks, which is a real bummer.

Otherwise, looking forward to the update.

Wasn't the crane machine promised as part of the free update? This sounds like it's part of the DLC.

Must admit, while the new additions do look good, I'm really disappointed this time that the chairlift was not included. It's always been one of my major wishlist items and with all the buzz about it recently on the forums, I definitely thought the devs took note and it had to be coming. I'm thinking now it will never come, along with waterparks, which is a real bummer.

Otherwise, looking forward to the update.

It sounds like these are special Vintage style crane machines. Different ones I suppose.

Every update comes paired with a few new fixes. Keep submitting bug reports and crash information so we can continue to work on optimising the game. The 1.7 update notes are released, as always, when the pack goes live - which is July 10.

Thanks Bo. Why don´t you communicate this though? You know that many people is eager and hungry for more fixes and that it´s causing "a havoc" sometimes on this forum. And you still don´t even mention it. I can´t understand this :(. And this is happening basicaly with every update since ever.

"A few" fixes is also what makes me a bit worried. Honestly, I think this games actually needs more than "few fixes" and I believe like everything was already submitted dozen of times, usually with no real reaction, at best with answer that "feedback was forwarded to the development team". And as was said by someone above, it´s not about crashes and similar bugs. I (we) think there is need of QoL updates.

The DLC is nice, I must say I know a lot of people actually asked for similar content and you are about to give it to us. It´s still my bigger and bigger concern, that you are kind of "milking the cow" now and there is no real future for Planet Coaster. It´s just those free updates are actually less and less interesting and no efforts go into them. They are kind of "faking" that you are supporting the game, while it´s not entirely true. You focus on adding paid content that bring you money. The rest is just to try to keep everyone else silent.

The upcoming update, what does it offer? filters (very likely very easy to do), recolorable staff (feature requested, but also expected since day one and I don´t think it also was hard to implement), vending machines (re-skinned and modified ATMs) and Craw machines (bscly after the announcement of DLC, I see it´s obviously only because it was easy to reskin something you gonna add to the paid DLC anyway). And on top of that, you add a coaster, just to make sure people don´t go rage. It actually seems like into every update goes less and less efforts.

I would be happier if there was not this free update, only the one including QoL. I see however, you took the direction to only add content (mostly paid) and when people stop buying it, you will drop the support completely. If that´s the case (and I believe it is, because everything is pointing that way), people like me, who are looking for some gameplay related improvements should probably go look somewhere else. Clearly the team decided to focus on the "creators" side of the community ( I can understand that, they are easier to please and bring you more money) and the rest is left behind.

Nope that's a piece of scenery but it is animated!

Bo
Will we ever get a grand carousel in Planet Coaster and chairlift ride? Love the new Vintage DLC pack. I'm glad this new DLC has 5 new flat rides and 2 new coasters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom