IMPORTANT: Vintage Pack new DLC coming soon!

Whooo, Frontier....
you make some great things in this pack.

I see again that you are hearing the Community.

Please Frontier, don't stop watching our wishes to make this game perfect.

A vintage pack is not something that was on my wishlist but certainly something I will use in my parks.

I must say that at least on paper, the price seems fair for the content it includes (2 coasters, 5 flat rides and decorations). So, IMHO a small but good step on the right direction. [up]

If you take the Tilt A Whirl, Hellion Ring, Classic Ferris Wheel, Bumper Cars, Kick Flip, Hoax, Weisshorn/Monte Leone and maybe the Wild Mouse and other compact coasters, plus the new rides like Centrum, Hurricane, and the other 3 you can build a fair or carnival with them. Now we need the Gravitron and Thunder Bobs. A double Ferris wheel like RCT3. A classic wheel with forward facing seats. A Chance Skydiver. A large carousel. On the workshop are numerous fake flat rides including a fun slide commonly seen at fairs. I think this game has potential. The management aspect doesn’t bother me because I just like to play sandbox for fun and not have to worry about staff or finances. I turn off the ride aging and the shop staff quitting.

I have not seen one of those Zoltar machines in a few decades. Now three days to the Vintage DLC.....boom there it is.. Wow, the way the world works....

43269033261_bc05acaae6_k.jpg

Last edited:
Funnily this is the only machine we get with the dlc and the free update(except for the drinking machines)that i've seen in a theme park. The other machines i've only seen on funfairs.[happy]

Theres parks here in New York that have gamestalls such as ring toss, darts, the gun squirt game, skiball, or even arcade games. The claw machine is kind of uncommon IMO and I personally have never seen a Zoltar in real life

Would claw machines constitute as being "vintage"? They seem kind of like a more recent invention compared to something like ring toss

Theres parks here in New York that have gamestalls such as ring toss, darts, the gun squirt game, skiball, or even arcade games. The claw machine is kind of uncommon IMO and I personally have never seen a Zoltar in real life

Would claw machines constitute as being "vintage"? They seem kind of like a more recent invention compared to something like ring toss

Well, I guess it depends on what you consider vintage. The very first claw machines appeared in the 1920's, and were known as the Erie or Panama Diggers (after the canals). Remember, steam shovels were a relatively new invention.

So for a penny, you manually operated a crane to pick up a piece of penny candy. You almost always won, sometimes several pieces, and the machines were not that profitable.

Here's one of the early table top units;

b397146c3a2fa091d96d33797484b86d--claw-machine-machine-age.jpg

The mechanical crane came about in the 1980's and was made popular at the restaurant chain Pizza Hut!

360f98fcf8e447ed072ce579a79cb132--claw-machine-vending-machine.jpg

Last edited:
I am kind of itching to play but I need to wait till the pack come out. I think I am going to need to update some stuff with some of the new pieces and I am trying to decide where Zoltan is going to live. I am leaning towards putting him in one of my Haunted New Orleans/ Spooky Swamp buildings.

I am also wondering what animals we get. I know there is a horse and a monkey but hoping for some more 'Circus' animals like a lion so I can make a manticore for the D&D Park. The horse will definitely make a good unicorn... as long as they are recolorable. If they aren't I won't get much use out of them sadly.

I wonder when the live stream with Sam Denney will be tomorrow. Gotta plan my day around it!

Well at the end of the twitch stream it was mentioned they would show the pack off on Monday - so today ! Yay
Twitch 12 pm BST
(is it Monday for you already?)

Could somebody confirm this please [happy]

Regarding the correct time-line regarding this vintage themed pack: The Round-Up ride was invented in 1957. It was not around in the 1920´s.

I am absolutely rootig for a FLOWER POWER DLC pack in the future. A 1970´s-themed pack would be the perfect way to finally include all the much requested SCHWARZKOPF coasters plus many rides such as Paratrooper, Chairlift, etc.
It would also go very well with the already existing 70´s rides such as the Tri-Storm and the Music-Express.

Well at the end of the twitch stream it was mentioned they would show the pack off on Monday - so today ! Yay
Twitch 12 pm BST

I thought I remembered them saying that but I'm not 100% sure.

Regarding the correct time-line regarding this vintage themed pack: The Round-Up ride was invented in 1957. It was not around in the 1920´s.

I am absolutely rootig for a FLOWER POWER DLC pack in the future. A 1970´s-themed pack would be the perfect way to finally include all the much requested SCHWARZKOPF coasters plus many rides such as Paratrooper, Chairlift, etc.
It would also go very well with the already existing 70´s rides such as the Tri-Storm and the Music-Express.

THIS version of Walzerfahrt would be perfect for flower power pack. :D (Virvelvinden, Liseberg. It is still there but the flower power deco is gone, now it is plain blue colors and mounted in a tent)
394px-Virvelvinden-okant-4.jpg
800px-Virvelvinden-okant-3.jpg

Last edited:
Twitch 12 pm BST

It's Monday here and it's 11:20 AM ^^ (France)

I don't know what BST means though.

Top Bottom