• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

Visuals not loading (+Crashing)

Severity
Severe

Frequency
All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
Text and User Interface

Description
I loaded up, created a character for the first time despite the fact I could not SEE the actual character being created... I had to look at the images on the selection screen and merely guess the outcome in my head.

I then had to place it on the globe which... also, did not appear so I merely skipped that part. (To note, the confetti did appear though).
When trying to edit the avatar later on, none of the images in the selection screen appeared so... editing it was impossible at that point.

I then decided to try sandbox mode on the Alpine map. I clicked play, the loading screen appeared then the game just crashed... tried this at least 3 or 4 times only to get the same result.
Then tried starting up a Career mode scenario... no difference whatsoever in the outcome.

Changed the settings to the "Lowest" setting... which in fact is not the lowest setting. I went on to turn off camera bloom and other settings to produce a REAL lowest setting manually.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Start the game.
2) Try to play the game.
3) Game crashes.

(Seriously, that's all I've done. The only thing I had open was Skype and PlanetCoaster.)

Last edited:

QA-Mitch

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
Hey Boxie,

Very sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Can you please make sure you are running the game on a computer that meets the minimum specifications and that your graphics driver is up to date.

If you continue to have this issue please contact our customer support team for technical assistance: [Customer support]

Can't remember where to find the specs needed for the game but:

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
SATELLITE C50-A-1DV

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
DirectX 11

(To note, it will happily run WoW at 40-60FPS without trouble so I'd assumed it would run this game just as easily... didn't expect the required specs to be so uptight and 'exclusive' to those with powerful computers).

So unless PlanetCoaster is willing to add an even lower graphics settings to widen its audience (thus allowing more sales, money) then I'd guess those who can't afford a better computer won't be able to play... that's a waste of my money seeing as I'd pre-purchased almost a year ago. I was dedicated, I really wanted to play this game and was willing to wait the time it took.
(But I highly doubt any changed would be made right? Rather have the game looking amazing for all those YoUTubers and others with high-end PC's than help out the poor people.)

Last edited: