VKB Gunfighter II Kosmosima SCG Setup in Elite Dangerous

Yes, Joystick gremlin is a bit more user friendly than the VKBDevCfg software.

In the end, I found coming from the Thrustmaster T16000M stick that I actually didn't need much in the way of curves, just took me a little while to get used to the feel of the Gunfighter (and the soft space cams have definitely helped there), and the curves that I did set up through the VKB software are very basic.

I need some inspiration on how to set this VKB beast up.

I have the GF II with SCG. I'm really happy with the stick so far. It is a really solid stick.
For now I'm using the TWCS Thrustmaster throttle with the stick. No issues there, and I can have combinations that include inputs from both units in ED with no problems.
So far I have chosen not to use shift states in the VKB software, I only use ED to set up bindings.
I am struggling with finding a setup I'm completely happy with though.

Specifically, I'm trying to find a comfortable location for "select target ahead".
I'm not expecting any definitive answers or ultimate solutions. After all this is all about preferences, but I need inspiration.

So I would like to see how players have set up their VKB Kosmosima SCG for ED if they don't mind sharing?

I have included the setup I'm working with so far.
(I make my cheat sheet to help me reprogram my brain and muscle memory whenever I change stuff)
If you don't have a drawing, a copy of the binds file would be OK.
Where did you get that graphics from? If its a website I'll upload my bindings for you to see, although I'm flying twin sticks with two SCG's on Gunfighter mk.II's, so not all my bindings will be relevant to you, but the stuff on the right stick ought to be...

Where did you get that graphics from? If its a website I'll upload my bindings for you to see, although I'm flying twin sticks with two SCG's on Gunfighter mk.II's, so not all my bindings will be relevant to you, but the stuff on the right stick ought to be...
I made the graphics myself. You will find more in the PowerPoint I posted a few posts back.
I use it as a guide on a separate screen when I need to (after changing my setup). I also find that updating it helps me to learn my setup quicker. I'm pretty happy with my setup now. More adjustments will be made, but I have something to work with.

Hi Faded!!!
I'm extremely grateful for your kind help. Indeed I'll try now your way. I heard that VKB Dev Conf is a super powerful tool able to bind with ED... but I haven't figured out how... and no YouTube video or whatever available... so very likely only experts can do that and they don't publish it :) .

Regardless, I'm extremely grateful for your help! Now I try your way!

All the best and fly safe!
“That’s one thing with VKB is a shortage of YouTube videos there’s an overwhelming amount of Virpil configuration videos I guess we need a YouTuber with a set of VKB sticks I can’t find anything about the software Bummer”

“That’s one thing with VKB is a shortage of YouTube videos there’s an overwhelming amount of Virpil configuration videos I guess we need a YouTuber with a set of VKB sticks I can’t find anything about the software Bummer”

There are videos that show the basic software stuff, calibrating the stick, flashing the firmware, but I've also not seen any that explain more advanced things. That said, setting up simple curves wasn't that bad, and there are definitely people who can and do help out on the VKB forums including quite a few existing how to's, well worth a look.

There are videos that show the basic software stuff, calibrating the stick, flashing the firmware, but I've also not seen any that explain more advanced things. That said, setting up simple curves wasn't that bad, and there are definitely people who can and do help out on the VKB forums including quite a few existing how to's, well worth a look.

There's a detailed pdf manual for the VKBDevCFG software that I found handy. It's a powerful tool if you know what you are doing (I don't).

Top Bottom