Roller Coasters Vogelrok - Efteling Recreation! (Indoor Coaster Darkride)

A complete recreation of the indoor dark roller coaster Vogelrok in the Efteling! Complete with theming, lights, qeue, and of course the real life coaster! It's too big to upload it as a coaster on the workshop so I had to upload the whole park :p
The ride is only realistic if you ride it at night without any sunshine, but when it's day you can admire the outside, and the inner workings of the ride!

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/5SzPRZYPzi0
Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=777827999

E9ABB27E76C7732EA86897A75AA87A92FFE92121

The real thing:

Nice recreation! [big grin] [up]
Thanks! I preordered the thrillseeker edition, so this was basically my life since thursday evening up until now.
About 30 hours of work went into this XD

Some more pictures:
C445024BDB1FF2DC74F52F5E753162E2B935F5BE
ABBBA4EE0D080FF1C1F909695DBFEF72EA0F8CF3
D590808461B47E0046862429D06F02D3580AF9C8
FC7162A6BC4D5957507AE97786E692C32A1EA57E
B84C1984A6DA1EE42FE792406BD53E23D166719D
0DAE66C57FF703C811F15FB72390F50CBF90C1ED
A43595A36EF2612F81910A45031728C03F39AFA0
F8D0FCB9DA210843007464C1F0C98F74F4D78DA3
292D1E53FC00D9DF3F4ADA84985D009ABD02B019
71D7735A74BDD755BE5BE22604C447F545F1167C

[video=youtube;5SzPRZYPzi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SzPRZYPzi0[/video]

Looks absolutely amazing, the work gone to create the bird structure is fantastic. The detail and objects you use to make its head is incredible.

Maybe a little recommendation, although i undertand that after so many hours working on it you wanted to make something new, but for me it would have been perfection if you actually also recreated the entrance area, what i say with that is that, instead of only having the pathing sysytem in the game, that makes it look unfinished, recreating the paths of the real entrance plaza using the flat roofs and coloring them as a checkboard, then putting the slightly elevated over the real game patchs so you dont see them aymore. Also maybe the 2 buildings surrounding it to give it the final touch.
But other than than, fantastic work.

Maybe a little recommendation, although i undertand that after so many hours working on it you wanted to make something new, but for me it would have been perfection if you actually also recreated the entrance area, what i say with that is that, instead of only having the pathing sysytem in the game, that makes it look unfinished, recreating the paths of the real entrance plaza using the flat roofs and coloring them as a checkboard, then putting the slightly elevated over the real game patchs so you dont see them aymore. Also maybe the 2 buildings surrounding it to give it the final touch.
But other than than, fantastic work.
Great idea! it will probably be a while before I can update it though, because tomorrow I can't play anymore :(
I had to rush a little bit to finish it this evening. But when the Trillseeker bèta opens, there will likely be an update.

Great idea! it will probably be a while before I can update it though, because tomorrow I can't play anymore :(
I had to rush a little bit to finish it this evening. But when the Trillseeker bèta opens, there will likely be an update.

You made it as a trillseeker member? WOW, thats an even more incredible job for someone who had to little time and had to get the hang of the game. Cant wait to see what you are going to make when you get the hands in the beta/final game.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the pictures. Awesome job in recreating the Vogelrok from the Efteling! I like the night shot and the indoor pictures as well. [yesnod][up]

(I'll be visiting the real ride next week) [big grin]

You made it as a trillseeker member? WOW, thats an even more incredible job for someone who had to little time and had to get the hang of the game. Cant wait to see what you are going to make when you get the hands in the beta/final game.
Thanks for the compliment! I was quite surprised too that I was able to make such a grand project in sush little time. I will be super exited and will likely make many more (hopefully awesome) projects when the bèta becomes available.

Thanks for the pictures. Awesome job in recreating the Vogelrok from the Efteling! I like the night shot and the indoor pictures as well. [yesnod][up]

(I'll be visiting the real ride next week) [big grin]
I wish you lots of fun in the Efteling. Every time I go there I'm blown away by the theming and the atmosphere. One thing is for certain though, next time I go again, I my outlook to Vogelrok will be a lot different than before!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I wish you lots of fun in the Efteling. Every time I go there I'm blown away by the theming and the atmosphere. One thing is for certain though, next time I go again, I my outlook to Vogelrok will be a lot different than before!

Thank you. I'm sure you will, because now you can say "I've made this in Planet Coaster"! [yesnod]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
As a fan of PC as well as De Efteling i must say -wonderfull- job :D

I realize the parts you have are only limited, yet you used them in a very creative way to come as close as possible! I love the bird :D
And the combination of the ride and the music is bone chilling !!

One more time, we need custom music [mouth shut]

One more time, we need custom music [mouth shut]

Custom music would be awesome here! However it would have to be different than RCT3 (a continous loop). In that it is train based. Like if it leaves the station, it begins playing on board. Or even with the queue music added around the queue. But for now, we have to watch the YouTube video to get the full experience.

Top Bottom