Discussion Voice Attack and Toggle commands

This is for the voice attack experts out there.
The question is simple, and I know a work around but I want to know if the original requirement can be met.
Is there a way to have a single hotkey set to do two different activities depending on state. Even if that state has to be kept track of within VA?

Here is my exact use case:
I want to be able to press M to open the galaxy map, but I also want it to close the map if it is already open. I can have two different voice commands pressing M, but then I can just say "close map" and it will open, which is bizarre.
What I am actually doing is using Voice Attack to respond to keyboard shortcut commands, but that isn't important.

~4 months later. Yes, sir. And this is exactly how I went down the rabbit hole 3 years ago :))) How many "maps" have you done so far? hehehe.

~4 months later. Yes, sir. And this is exactly how I went down the rabbit hole 3 years ago :))) How many "maps" have you done so far? hehehe.
It turned out to be way too fiddly to deal with right now. I write programs for my job, not terribly motivated to continue doing that anymore when I'm not working.

Here you go, bro. You can check it out by double clicking the commands, things such as evaluate not set as 0 is important. I totally understand what you mean, I haven't taken a single worthwhile photo every since I went pro.

Attachments

• BDelacroix Map-Profile.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 104
Greetings,

I use:
so I then have for my command: [close;open;][gal;galaxy]map and the contents of the command are
Code:
DISABLED - Write [Gray] 'MusicTrack = '{TXT:EDDI music musictrack}'' to log
Begin Condition : [{TXT:EDDI music musictrack}] Equals 'Exploration' OR [{TXT:EDDI music musictrack}] Equals 'NoTrack'
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Ripley Galactic\KICS 4\Audio\ModeSwitches_AccessingGalaxyMap.mp3'
Else
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Ripley Galactic\KICS 4\Audio\KICS_ClosingMap.mp3'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [edGalaxyMapOpen] Has Been Set
    Press variable key(s) [edGalaxyMapOpen] and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Else
    Write [Gray] 'Variable keypress not set. Using default keypress.' to log
    Press NumPad 7 key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
End Condition
Pause 0.05 seconds
So I can say, one of;
gal map
galaxy map
open gal map
open galaxy map
close gal map
close galaxy map
to actually open the galaxy map, the various commands allow me to choose one instead of always using the same one ... variation is nice at times ;)

Top Bottom