Void opal nerf

Ive noticed hotspots dont spawn as much void opal rocks now, ive went to new sites and still barely find any.
Your thoughts

Assuming that’s true, it sounds more like balance to me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that mining finally pays something worthy, but you have to admit it is a little crazy.

A mining Adder with 8 tons of space, and a size 2 refinery can make over 20,000,000cr in one go lol.

Hi

I have noticed it goes in cycles. Some days my favourite spot is ripe with a Void opal asteroid every 10 minutes or so. Then the next time the area will be all milky white and full of debris but no asteroids with VO's in. I assume its because someone else is using my secret spot :)

They're a finite source. So a spot will drain as people mine it, then it takes real time for them to respawn in that hot spot. Obsidian ant has covered this in a video. He doesn't know how long it takes for them to respawn.

Frontier have also said they have no plans to nerf it in any way.

Last edited:
All I find is Bromelite in VO Hotspots these days, lol, but it's ok, even with Alexandrite or the like there is good money to make.
And I don't know what to do with all the money anyway...

Yep Fdev allready announced that you have to MOVE location as the longer you mine the same place the less you will find the items you want for deep core...
If you use res sites as a reference point you even see PAST mined rocks as they have persistanceacross all three platforms... jumping into hot spots is harder to see past mined rocks as you can fail to jump in at the same location no matter how good you target the hot spot same location...

This is why a nerf is not needed as the supply gets lower and lower the more every one mines the same ring... The hunt is on to as other posters say to work out and prove the "recovery" time needed...

Yep Fdev allready announced that you have to MOVE location as the longer you mine the same place the less you will find the items you want for deep core...
If you use res sites as a reference point you even see PAST mined rocks as they have persistanceacross all three platforms... jumping into hot spots is harder to see past mined rocks as you can fail to jump in at the same location no matter how good you target the hot spot same location...

This is why a nerf is not needed as the supply gets lower and lower the more every one mines the same ring... The hunt is on to as other posters say to work out and prove the "recovery" time needed...

I know its a limited supply but my spot is only used by my group and thats it, id love to know roughly the amount each ring has

Meh

Typical FD pattern

Suck them in

Then kick them where it hurts

So it goes

Yep and what is now happenig is that the Benitoite which has been easier to find from day one in rocky rings is now up to 1,188,319...
so you are now faced with the allready harder to get opals or gamble on the next item thats available with RNG drops in deep core...
They don't make it easy for the miners... the are to many choices in this game... (That low explorer rank has started to bug me and the new FSS is so easy to use...)

Last edited:
I haven't had too much trouble finding them in Delkar along with other valuable core gems. I don't think a nerf is in order. Get a faster ship.

Ikr vo spot with bromelite, i get hyped up then disapointed

I had a better time in Alexandrite Hotspots, some LTD's there and something around 30m/h, good enough for me.
I do it because I enjoy it. I liked mining before the new stuff and I still do, even more with it.
It's insane, I've spent countless hours in the PMR'S out in Colonia and had something around 300m profits from mining.
Now I'm close to 1,5bil, and that just with casual mining without grinding VO's

Last edited:
Ive noticed hotspots dont spawn as much void opal rocks now, ive went to new sites and still barely find any.
Your thoughts

Uh, considering that they've stated that this is dynamic, it is entirely possible the site you are after has been mined dry, you may want to provide a bit more background on how you got to this conclusion.

FD could fix it so that if I were to go mining I wouldn't bring back anything but void opals, and ya know what? I still wouldn't go mining. How long now have we had access to engineers? I still have never even mined a quarter of the amount I need to in order to unlock whichever one it was that wanted the five hundred tons or whatever.

I mean really? Couldn't I just buy a bunch of crap and take it to her and say that I did it?

DDastardly00

D
Yeah, it's not nerfed, I was mining last night and did fine. It's more than not likely your area is depleted like others have said. Furthermore, activity across all 3 platforms has an effect on the game. Unless you have an exact knowledge of what everyone on PS4 and PC are doing in your area then you have no idea how many visitors an area has had. If the system has a station you can look at the traffic report and get an idea of how many commanders have been there. Which is something at least, but not even close to the whole picture.

Top Bottom