Void opals

So it seems like Void opals have become the commodity to start mining again for best prices. Does anybody have any suggestions for good hotspots to mine in? I spent a couple of hours looking last night and only managed to find 4 cores 🙁

High price.. LOW credits per hour over other items as Core items are RNG...
Hotspots for Void opals are all the same... any hot spot can create the same exact result its about were you land in a hot spot you have to land and get lucky..

Cores also take 6 days to regen ( laser items only take 2 hours ) so if you repeat a hot spot distance drop using trianglation you can land at the same location and find the same broken rocks in the ring, droping the same place every time is how mapping works so every 6 days you can drop in each loction and find the exact same deep core rocks...

Core mining needs FAST acceleration high speed ships to fly to the specific highlighted rocks from PWA, the less engineering done to the ship the slower the time to each core rock and there is no insurance that that core is even going to be a item that even has a high price as with out mapping the core first its RNG on what the core is...

If your NOT finding 250mill in cores per hour in the ring items your not going fast enough and you might as well laser mine... If your ships speed is crap then youll get rubbish number of cores any way...

Last edited:
Right Ok, thank you for that. What would you say is the most lucrative mineral to mine at the moment is it still low temps even with the price going down so much?

Right Ok, thank you for that. What would you say is the most lucrative mineral to mine at the moment is it still low temps even with the price going down so much?
nope. the mining rate per hour for LTD in tons was still nuked its core mining is still just as bad as Void opals but LTD has excess off FC with cargo still..

Painite Laser mining stil remains the highest CR/H laser item and laser mining is faster than Core mining even with the biggest slowest ship..
IF you insist on doing core mining it has to be void opals, if you can tolerate laser mining in painite2 hot spot over lap you still can fill a 512 ton cutter in under 105 mins... as painite2 laser collection rate is over 320 tons per hour in the ring time..
EeGmdvBX0AAps38

With out even trying hard.
This is untill mondays patch which will again require all mining items to be rechecked as FDev are due to break change things again..

Last edited:
High price.. LOW credits per hour over other items as Core items are RNG...
Hotspots for Void opals are all the same... any hot spot can create the same exact result its about were you land in a hot spot you have to land and get lucky..

Cores also take 6 days to regen ( laser items only take 2 hours ) so if you repeat a hot spot distance drop using trianglation you can land at the same location and find the same broken rocks in the ring, droping the same place every time is how mapping works so every 6 days you can drop in each loction and find the exact same deep core rocks...

Core mining needs FAST acceleration high speed ships to fly to the specific highlighted rocks from PWA, the less engineering done to the ship the slower the time to each core rock and there is no insurance that that core is even going to be a item that even has a high price as with out mapping the core first its RNG on what the core is...

If your NOT finding 250mill in cores per hour in the ring items your not going fast enough and you might as well laser mine... If your ships speed is crap then youll get rubbish number of cores any way...
This gives the impression that you should laser mine instead of core mine if you don't have "a high speed ship" (whatever that may mean) and that you have to be dissatisfied if you are earning less than 250 mill/hour.

The trouble with posts like this is that it just contributes to the general malaise in the forum, believing everything is broken and that you cannot earn a decent living, or progress in the game, without min-maxing everything that's available.

I say, play the game for entertainment, not for the credits, or you will burn out and start posting negative comments in the forum about how badly the game is broken. 🤷‍♂️

This gives the impression that you should laser mine instead of core mine if you don't have "a high speed ship" (whatever that may mean) and that you have to be dissatisfied if you are earning less than 250 mill/hour.

The trouble with posts like this is that it just contributes to the general malaise in the forum, believing everything is broken and that you cannot earn a decent living, or progress in the game, without min-maxing everything that's available.

I say, play the game for entertainment, not for the credits, or you will burn out and start posting negative comments in the forum about how badly the game is broken. 🤷‍♂️
He specific asks for best prices... first line of first post made.. hes not interested in slow low paid rates from slow mining...
mining again for best prices
the OP had allready preset the topic in first line...
You dont get best prices doing things slow...

I say the high speed ship would be for getting the most out of core mining and not getting bored with not finding cores. I used to only core mine because I thought it was the most fun. I raised 10bn credits with that method so you're right there's nothing wrong with it.

Lately though I haven't been finding nearly as many cores as I used to and I keep getting the glitch of surface deposits disappearing into the rock or just not shooting off. It has made core mining a bit of a let down as its not satisfying just getting the chunks inside then leaving a bunch of money floating in space.

I agree that its about the entertainment more than min maxing but having a bunch of credits always helps to enhance the experience.

I'm having that same glitch, with the surface deposits on the cracked core not blasting off with "asteroid depleted" in the top right window...hope that's fixed soon

I'm having that same glitch, with the surface deposits on the cracked core not blasting off with "asteroid depleted" in the top right window...hope that's fixed soon
It's probably on the fix list for Monday's patch.

(It's hard to tell - there's something that looks like it might be it on the list, but it'd be so much easier if they gave the numbers of the bug reports the fixes fix, where applicable)

So its supposed to be fixed already?
no thats in the patch 4 patch notes ian stated.. that sticky topic..

no thats in the patch 4 patch notes ian stated.. that sticky topic..
Ah ok I see. Can't wait to see babylon 6 btw

nope. the mining rate per hour for LTD in tons was still nuked its core mining is still just as bad as Void opals but LTD has excess off FC with cargo still..

Painite Laser mining stil remains the highest CR/H laser item and laser mining is faster than Core mining even with the biggest slowest ship..
IF you insist on doing core mining it has to be void opals, if you can tolerate laser mining in painite2 hot spot over lap you still can fill a 512 ton cutter in under 105 mins... as painite2 laser collection rate is over 320 tons per hour in the ring time..
EeGmdvBX0AAps38

With out even trying hard.
This is untill mondays patch which will again require all mining items to be rechecked as FDev are due to break change things again..

Just curious, what tool are you using to collect those stats? I assume it's analysing your player Journal logs?

I've become stupidly game-breakingly rich from mining after a few hours post nerf. I can of course see the appeal of minmaxing mining to make even more stupid amounts of money as a kind of "score", but that minigame could continue even if the income were divided by ten. ("Ten" is a guess based on my personal experience.)

This post also reminds me of how many times CCP broke Eve's economy with mining. And oh my goodness do the miners like to complain there too!

Get 50 mil in credits after buying a phantom and decking it out, then.... stop mining! Explore, open your engineers, look around. Stop mining.

Top Bottom