VR and deep core mining

Been doing a lot of core mining in an anaconda but thought today I'd try something different so pulled out the VIVE, dusted off the AspX and fitted it out for mining (forgot how small this ship was! Been spoilt with a fully kitted conda along with 400+ tons of cargo space).

What a difference though, having all that lovely glass again I didn't fly more than a few K before I had 95 tons of VO. Makes me wonder how many I miss in the conda with limited view. Attached a couple of screens, first 3 roids you can see the dust clouds of other 2 in background and last 2 were practically next to each other. Only bothered with VO for this run, also inbetween found 2 other non VO crackables.

20190608112429_1.jpg20190608120159_1.jpg

Can anyone recomend any larger ships with a view like AspX? What's the T9 like in VR? Looks very similar bubble type cockpit.

I use a fully armed T10 for mining in VR and it’s amazing, the T9 will hold more cargo obviously but has the same bridge view. If you like the Asp view you really should try one of the big Lakon ships.

....and when you do, don’t forget to look behind and below you....they’re very BIG ships!

Will definitely give one a go, just had a more disasterous attempt, after a really poor cracking on my part I was in a rush to get on to next one and didnt see a roid, got out of the ring with 2% hull so had to limp to closest station with half a load. No excuse for not seeing it really in an AspX.

Will definitely give one a go, just had a more disasterous attempt, after a really poor cracking on my part I was in a rush to get on to next one and didnt see a roid, got out of the ring with 2% hull so had to limp to closest station with half a load. No excuse for not seeing it really in an AspX.

Ouch, though at least you managed to nurse it into port. This reminds me though, if you do go for a T9 or T10 try and make sure you’ve got enough materials to G5 engineer some nice Dirty Drive thrusters with a Drag Drive special effect - then thrusting around the roids won’t feel like manoeuvring an oil tanker around a paddling pool.

I think that LAKON has the best ships for VR, their cockpits really make you feel like you are in the middle of the action. Exploring, mining, landing... Combat can be overwhelming.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Via
I think that LAKON has the best ships for VR, their cockpits really make you feel like you are in the middle of the action. Exploring, mining, landing... Combat can be overwhelming.
That is true, first time I landed in an ASPX my stomach ended up in my mouth.

I do like the anaconda but in VR just feels empty and like you're on a ghost ship.

Top Bottom