VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

But are you going to be vomiting all the time in FP mode- If so, whats the point of VR in legs? Ralph Mc Upchuck can blank out SRV tumbles, how will that sit in a FPS setting?

The question is whether it is possible to opt out from FPS combat. If yes, would it be hard to bake in a VR mod that works with the natural locomotion app if desired?

Ugh I really don't like what I've seen in this thread, I CAN'T go back to pancake mode for this game, it's too flipping good in vr and was one of the main draws for getting it and the game, I wish instead of stupid legs they just worked on all their half assedly implemented mechanics that they already have!

Last edited:
T'was a cheap jab, nothing personal. I like NMS, Star citizen not so much.

And I'd absolutely hate it if Elite would drop VR...

Fair enough, all cool. And I would hate it too. Elite is so fantastic in VR, But Frontier has gotta get off their asses and start giving it all the love it deserves as much as we all have for it, and we all hope this new version is what it's cracked up to be. I really hope they nail this, for all the vacuum of content the past few years.

Here's hoping they get this right!

If Odyssey does not support VR then I wouldn't swap to SC on principle but would definitely give No Man's Sky a try. Hello Games must be jumping up and down at this announcement by Frontier.

I bet this is what MacOS users thought too.
No I pretty much assumed it was going to happen the day Horizions wasnt supported. Seemed pretty obvious it was a token effort. Even then it's not like you can't get around that if you really want to.

Is it even worse? I don't see actual mention of PC support (except for Stream, which I've never used, so I don't know the implications of that!)

The most popular video on Youtube about Elite Dangerous is specifically about its VR implementation; it has 3,000,000+ views, and the next highest is the launch trailer at 2,000,000 views. When people talk about VR in games, ED is almost always specifically mentioned as one of the best seated VR experiences out there. It makes no sense to me at all that they would specifically remove a feature that makes this game very well known and is a huge source of positive PR. They would basically be pitting ED against the behemoth that is Star Citizen, while also removing the #1 weapon they have against that game... at a time when VR popularity is really starting to pick up.

No matter how much I try to make sense of this move, I cannot. It seems so... foolish.

Still, I'm probably biased. I play this game specifically for VR, and so I'm probably just a bit sore that I would now have a 2021 cut-off date for when I would have to move on from ED... which has kind of killed my immediate enthusiasm a bit, if I'm being honest. I've thoroughly enjoyed this game, and I do hope that we see others like it in the future if this is really the end of VR in it. There's no experience that comes close.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't drop vr, I really hope they realize the amount of money we vr users HAD to drop in order to experience this game to this degree, depending on your hmd choice of course some of us EASILY spent 4 digits in $, I know I did, a flipping vive AND an index was NOT cheap not to mention that HOTAS ESPECIALLY aren't cheap or easy to come by since apparently nobody seems to make them anymore new or otherwise, just upgraded from my x55 to a 56 and that thing alone cost me 300 cause stocks are so few and fare between.

It would be an utter slap to all vr users faces if they were to remove it, here's hoping they will give us options to let us access the content without forcing us to do the headset dance of up/down on/off, hell no.

I would be fine with other controls for legs even though I fly with a HOTAS. You can easily get a setup with your HOTAS on the sides and the keyboard/mouse in the middle.

This is how I play SC. HOTAS on the sides of my keyboard, mouse off to the right, use kb/m for walking. But I'm wondering if maybe it makes more sense to use my xbox controller for walking around in odyssey. I guess it depends on the animations and responsiveness of the movements.

I really hope they don't drop vr, I really hope they realize the amount of money we vr users HAD to drop in order to experience this game to this degree, depending on your hmd choice of course some of us EASILY spent 4 digits in $, I know I did, g vive AND an index was NOT cheap not to mention that HOTAS ESPECIALLY aren't cheap or easy to come by since apparently nobody seems to make them anymore new or otherwise, just upgraded from my x55 to a 56 and that thing alone cost me 300 cause stocks are so few and fare between.

It would be an utter slap to all vr users faces if they were to remove it, here's hoping they will give us options to let us access the content without forcing us to do the headset dance of up/down on/off, hell no.
Why would a company care how much money you spent on other products to use theirs?

Top Bottom