VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

That doesn't necessarily mean that VR won't be supported. I would be shocked if FD dropped support for VR, given how many people play this game in VR and the fact that it's one of the best VR games out there.

When the game first launched VR was the hot new thing so it made sense to advertise that. Now it's not such a hot new thing, so it's probably less of a priority for their marketing now. It's also possible that they don't want to commit to supporting new VR headsets, but will keep legacy support for Rift/Vive/etc.

VR is the main reason I'm still playing this game, if they drop VR support I'll stop playing and I don't think I'll be alone. But I don't think it's time to panic.

That doesn't necessarily mean that VR won't be supported. I would be shocked if FD dropped support for VR, given how many people play this game in VR and the fact that it's one of the best VR games out there.

When the game first launched VR was the hot new thing so it made sense to advertise that. Now it's not such a hot new thing, so it's probably less of a priority for their marketing now. It's also possible that they don't want to commit to supporting new VR headsets, but will keep legacy support for Rift/Vive/etc.

It may well, and hopefully is, nothing but VR support from the devs has slowly been dropping over time (FSS Orbiot lines anyone?).

Also the Steam page isnt about the marketing per se it's more the technical spec.

Hopefully just an oversight but interesting none the less I think

I bet this is what MacOS users thought too.
Not the same mate, you know it. If we don't get VR space legs, it is because of Nausea issues, not software or GPU limitations.

Try lone echo, then try one of the cheaper FPS VR games. ED is certainly not lone echo, that is not to say they can't achieve something workable, people are getting worried over something that is not confirmed.

Top Bottom