VR vs pancake

One of the funny things about VR is that you see amazing sites all the time and you think i have to capture/record this. Then you watch the recording back on your flat monitor later and its looks completely boring! Im really looking forward to the 4080 to really allow an increase in res, detail and FPS for VR!
yea ,..your right ,,,i tryed to post pictures from VR View to Facebooks Pancake view ,..but the Pictures in the Forum where never like them i have seen in the 3d Glasses..THats realy crazy ..

To get it how l wanted. Namely 4k each eye seamlesss rendering @70+fps but spiking to 90 as low as 45 (bases etc) with the poor performance to take into account, I nailed it with a 3090fe, g2 reverb, z390 chipset 9900k cpu 32 gig 4400mhz ram.
That did it...runs lovely 😍
Now let's see. That hammer to it attitude seems to have paid off. Oddity runs OK. But it could be lots better. Wonder if 13 makes any odds?

I don't do much on-foot play, but if I do I tend to do so with the HOTAS throttle (Left-hand) and mouse (Right-hand). Flying, almost exclusively HOTAS throttle (Left-hand) and joystick (Right-hand). Extensive use of the mouse in the maps.
Yeah, I tried the throttle as forward/backward but I couldn't get the sensitivity down for the speed. The same was true for using the joystick for look-around. If I can use my HOTAS for everything except for ground action I'm happy to switch to the controller. Playing FPS-type action on a flat-screen feels like a gamepad thing, anyway!

Top Bottom