Newcomer / Intro Wait you gotta restart from G1 when you change engineers?

So i had G3 dirty drives from Felicity (or whoever) when I unlocked Palin. Goody, gathered all the stuff I needed for G5 and paid him a visit.

what, I gotta redo my thrusters from G1 dirty drives with him all over again?

Am I missing something?

nope.

But you do need to unlock his G3 to work on those drives - engineer something else

He only has PP and Thrusters and my ship had both already. I could buy a cheap thruster and g3 it but in the end i saved time and did a g1 clean drive mode to reset my thruster and then dirtied it from scratch. material cost would be the same since I would have needed to g3 a dummy thruster in any case.

Thanks.

He only has PP and Thrusters and my ship had both already. I could buy a cheap thruster and g3 it but in the end i saved time and did a g1 clean drive mode to reset my thruster and then dirtied it from scratch. material cost would be the same since I would have needed to g3 a dummy thruster in any case.

Thanks.
Yeah, but you used usefull materials. If you had reset and ranked up with something like Heavy Duty, it would have been using "spare" materials.

(Actually G1-G3 probably not so much, but the theory holds that you should rank up Engineers with garbage mats, then when you have unlocked G5 start on the useful one)

Also whenever you start work on a new module you start at G1 though it should be quicker to get the next level to be available.

Top Bottom