Parks "Walk on the wild side" Themepark

Hi there,

For half a year I am working on still my first PC park. I made some nice progress and found this forum were I expect to find other builders who like to share and see parks.

My first park is called "Walk on the wild side" as the title allready explains.

I started with a garden area filled with some flat rides.

y7IobTX.jpg

CALHnn0.jpg

uXtHaoX.jpg

cthBLNq.jpg

GDNWEJ7.jpg

Then it was time to "wild up" the park. I started with the mega RMC Hybrid called also "Walk on the wild side"
It is located in a redstone moutain landscape with some waterfalls and small lakes.

The coaster is operating 3 trains perfectly. Contains a midcourse break and 4 blocks
The layout is long and contains 3 inversions.

The ride itself is beyond populair. I had to extend the que line 3 times.
The ride give a 6.2 positive, 1.2 negative and a body crushing 3.4 lateral in the last turn before the brakes.
Please find the onride below.

[video=youtube_share;PPK-l1JJEZs]https://youtu.be/PPK-l1JJEZs[/video]

Here some pictures of the ride.

The first attempt
TjI7JcI.jpg

The second attempt
A8yewa4.jpg

JKuuQo6.jpg

eiruwf0.jpg

ReNaSR7.jpg

GYbqmQ8.jpg

nLoRY6y.jpg

Next update: The "Walk on the wild side" Themepark will present "Boulderdash" a new GCI coaster!
Hope you like what you have seen so far. More is comming soon [big grin]

Wow - looks great. Thats a lot of flats packed into that small area, but it all works very nicely. The waterfalls around the coaster are also supreme.

Great job, worth all the time you have spent on it so far. As wowman said, the waterfalls look amazing around the coaster.

Thanks for the compliments to both :)

Hi there!

As you could see on the horizons of the park pictures and Wotws POV there is more than only the RMC coaster and flat rides allready shown.
The second coaster of the park is the GCI type in Planet Coaster. One of the 2 Wooden coasters available. It has no typical GCI layout or trademarks except for the track type and train. This is also an own designed layout. No inversions for this coaster. It's located also in the Redstone Mountian area of the park.

Here the POV and pictures of the 2nd coaster called "Boulderdash" Enjoy the ride!!! :)

[video=youtube_share;mQx0rFybG-A]https://youtu.be/mQx0rFybG-A[/video]

NReEokA.jpg

New flatride added to Boulderdash is the Topspin "Overload"

MTnUwHv.jpg

A shops building across the street of "Overload"

Dkex8I3.jpg

Bouderdash

MJD8dj6.jpg

Boulderdash

arNlx4m.jpg

Water effect on the Boulderdash coaster

HKu8aMX.jpg

The Station

DKXexyB.jpg

Bird eye view

Thanks for your time. any feedback will be appreciated :)

Hi there all. It is time for update number 3.

The "Walk on the wild side" Theme park announces a brand new ride for the new season. It presents "Iron Stomach"
It is the 3 coaster of the park. A Geslauer model Eurofighter. Layout for this coaster is by myself. It contain the typical
over 90 degrees drop element and 5 inversions in a fast ride. I kept out any midcourse brakes to keep the speed in the ride.

It's the first coaster outside of the Redstone area of the park and is located in rough rocky green middle of the park.
Please find the short video of the ride below.

[video=youtube_share;ORpHp_rNegM]https://youtu.be/ORpHp_rNegM[/video]

The specs:

mgKmUhN.jpg

Some pictures of the new marble of the park.

ElUijhL.jpg

yOHqFva.jpg

oeZv1tY.jpg

k87BSxr.jpg

jxWTZlW.jpg

Y5rrp85.jpg

Thanks again for you're time! More will come soon :)

Thank you Wowman [cool]

Update number 4:

After working on the landscaping around the coasters it's time to arrange some transportation trough the park. I finished of the 1st quarter of the railway "Iron Horse".
I did shoot a short clip to give you all an idea and a different view of the Redstone area.

[video=youtube_share;uAy-y5NVS3g]https://youtu.be/uAy-y5NVS3g[/video]

Now it is time to think of the less brave or just smaller souls in the park. There has to be a kiddie coaster to recommend all ages in the park.
I can try to make a big story out of it but, it is still a kiddie. So I designed a small but fast kiddie coaster named "Dragon Fury". It is themed
as a dragon hole and some special effects.

Here you find the onride:

[video=youtube_share;aFUKJGOkvSA]https://youtu.be/aFUKJGOkvSA[/video]

And here you can scroll down some pictures =)

q6cYLwv.jpg

KbQ9jth.jpg

t3kVt9b.jpg

DUtautx.jpg

74spX2w.jpg

bW9p1H8.jpg

FVitbOy.jpg

Thanks for your attention! =)

Hi there, I have been working on a promo clip for the park and want to share the result.
I made this clip to give a view of the work done so far and to give a glimp of the future rides that I working on at the moment. The rapid river ride and the T-rex tracked coaster named Predator.

Enjoy your visit =)

[video=youtube_share;hUO_0tITHV0]https://youtu.be/hUO_0tITHV0[/video]

Here a photo update of the "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.

First I started with a Rapid River. I extended the railroad and relocated the station for the Old West area.
rD5nwuf.jpg

Added some prehistoric scalleton.
WJ0qNwq.jpg

Now known the route of the River Rapid we add a big Coaster over it.
RmooCMI.jpg

The coaster will be called "Predator". It is a multi inversion T-rex track RMC Coaster.
pZaYp22.jpg

The first shops are added to the new area.
BXQ6ZKa.jpg

The Rapid River has a station building
2xwOLxd.jpg

More shops will fill the village.
9JGoeyr.jpg

Y5qz3Nx.jpg

zUJvpwH.jpg

Total view of the new themed area (still work in progress)
N4kilkD.jpg

This ride starts from the station building right in to a small western village street. First you will pass the "Jail"and "Sheriff"station where an explosion will occur near the "jail" what will release the bandits kept held in capture there.

FwnV14V.jpg

4Vk0MR2.jpg

Then the bandits needed some money to survive and keep on foot.

PJQkEKE.jpg

ialLPsb.jpg

4Jouj3z.jpg

The rest of the story is to made up still, but the first start is made to this new part of the park.
Now I leave you with the best pictures I have shot of this new part of the park.

mX6SriZ.jpg

kAH1oyt.jpg

A4Lz7mT.jpg

HRPl6DS.jpg

G3uaWe9.jpg

8Rcz5zY.jpg

JezfZpR.jpg

8BfUdGa.jpg

nV9XUSO.jpg

Thanks again for you're attention. More will follow soon [happy]

Last edited:
Finaly it is time to present the new ride of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.
The Rolling River has been opened for the public.

Please find onride below :)

[video=youtube_share;dzpmbxLv88E]https://youtu.be/dzpmbxLv88E[/video]

uPEvlf8.jpg

RY1VEKL.jpg

8Ic1VbJ.jpg

Next project: The RMC Coaster "Predator" :)

Finaly it is time to present the new ride of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.
The Rolling River has been opened for the public.

Egad! Great park! Glad you decided to share it, and also glad I came back in time to see it. While all the "normal" rides and stuff are quite excellent, I am particularly wowed by your mastery of dirt-sculpting! I always find that the most impressive thing in any park that features it, even if the more conventional aspects are all primo, as here. Bravo!

Thanks Bullethead!

New update on the "Predator Coaster" area.

I got the most of the raw landscaping done. I created the second skaleton and put in the railroad to the landscape. Not yet added the nature and waterfalls so the situation around the "Predator" coaster is still work in progres.

WkCqIAU.jpg

9rjXUjh.jpg

3aXXlNj.jpg

7XWF4aM.jpg

Last couple of days I have done a lot of time consuming work around the "Predator" area.
For the Iron Horse Railway I added a station. Only the last decorations needs to be add to it.
Also the Predator Coaster got it's own station building ready now.
To the right side of the coaster I'm working on a lava trench and a 4th skeleton is pulled out of the ground.

I think to be over the 50% point of finishing off this project area. Most time consuming work has been done now.
Now it's only to bring in the nature and make some small additional buildings, a little rope bridge and finish up the Railway trough the Redstone Mountains. There will be an arena / staduim added in the area.

1c6qTub.jpg

Overview left side of the area.

izQb5wg.jpg

view from the Rolling River side

Lfh8cV4.jpg

Sunset on the Camel back

Dw6C4kw.jpg

210 ft Loop

EBdOSFB.jpg

First inversion after the midcourse brake.

virVcxJ.jpg

Another inversion has been put in making it a 6 inversion coaster.

jVYQUfh.jpg

The last turn

rkWPird.jpg

End brakes,

TfYpLXS.jpg

Entrance Predator station.

8Zb8uAc.jpg

Station of Predator

aTHQDkh.jpg

From another side

Thanks all for your time and attention!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hey there!

You're doing amazing work! Thanks for sharing your park and progress with us. The landscape sculpting looks marvellous! You've done an excellent job, both with the sculpting and with the painting of the terrain, and both with the "Predator Coaster" area as well as other areas of your park, such as the terrain around Boulderdash!

Thanks for your feedback to Joël, bullethead and wowman :)

Another update of the work done so far.

First I like to show you the pre-view I made of the "Predator Coaster" area that is comming closer to the finishing point. I guess it will we another 1 and a half week work still to be done. This time we take the "Iron Horse" Railway that takes you straight trough the area that is still WIP. Enjoy

[video=youtube_share;EuMj8bO7rQM]https://youtu.be/EuMj8bO7rQM[/video]

Here you find some pictures of the area :)

bznDDOx.jpg

"The Octopus Rodeo Arena" is ready and open for public.

roJ3VVm.jpg

My attempt to create a "lava trench".

jyXTU5c.jpg

Put in some effect.

DaQCOn6.jpg

side view of the "Octopus Rodeo Arena"

8T5eXle.jpg

to finish of, a night shot giving an overview of the horizon of the "Predator" area

Hope you like it so far. See you at the next update

Last edited:
You know, BD, while that lava fall caught my eye in the beginning, what really captured my attention was the wooden decking you have under the train track. At first I thought this would be just a short trestle over a canyon, but as the video went on and the deck kept going, I ended up staring at that deck non-stop, totally ignoring the surrounding scenery :) .

It's been a while since I played the game so I'm wondering, does the Iron Horse now have a feature where you can have that done automatically? Or did you make that yourself out of hundreds of "Wooden Platform" tiles, each one precisely placed so the boards in the textures line up perfectly all around the track, despite elevation changes and turns? And if those are indeed "Wooden Platform" tiles, IIRC those are gridded, so this whole deck must comprise dozens of separate "buildings". Truly, making that is a marvel, if you had to do it yourself instead of it being an option for the ride itself.

It does appear there's been at least 1 change to trains while I was away. Seems like you can now use them as regular rides that just go in a circle to and from one single station. Used to be, peeps only regarded them as means of transportation from 1 station to another, so would not go on a single-station train. So maybe having a deck under the track is now an option?

Hi bullethead,

No there is not such an automatic bedding mode on the Iron Horse tracks. It's made by the hundreds of wooden floor pieces. The only way to let it flow with the lavelation of the landscape.
Thanks for the mentioning. it has cost lot of time to build it [cool]

Hi bullethead,

No there is not such an automatic bedding mode on the Iron Horse tracks. It's made by the hundreds of wooden floor pieces. The only way to let it flow with the lavelation of the landscape.
Thanks for the mentioning. it has cost lot of time to build it [cool]

Salute! That MUST have been incredibly painful to do, but you did it so well it looks like it might be part of the track instead of built! Bravo!

I will NEVER gripe about having to build a train trestle again. Geez, that train decking takes the cake!

Thanks Bullethead! [happy]

So I finally made the discission to put an end to the project.

After 4 months of working with dirt and bending steel, working with lava and creating mountains it has been enough.
At some point you have to decide that "Predator" has been finished and ready to present to the public. I seriously could go on in this landscape for a full month to get it better. everytime time something new is coming up in mind.

So here it is. 2476 meters of smooth RMC box track. Every inch is took well care of and the ride is very atractive if I say my self. "Predator" has 6 inversions (just check the smoothness of the last one). The ride is divided by a midcourse brake section to let it operate with 3 trains. The first part of the ride is high, fast and big inversions. The second part is low to ground, divers scenery, high speed turns and inversions.

Please find the moving pictures and full offride and onride of "Predator" here below :)

[video=youtube_share;c7jwnSmwlng]https://youtu.be/c7jwnSmwlng[/video]

Here you find the statistics.

k13s0KL.jpg

Honestly, I never have seen those nice rating before.

k56ABDS.jpg

In the park I updated the Train station with a switch track. I came up with below solution.
HTkFV6V.jpg

T1JIrsp.jpg

UF4DJ4Y.jpg

And here two photo's of the last modifications on the "Predator" area.

BF5Tpp6.jpg

j75JOlR.jpg

Hope to have been serving to your entertainment en inspiration.
Now it's time to create a good idea about the next new project for the "Walk on the wild side" Resort. ;)

Holy crap, BD! That is definitely a ride to be proud of just by itself, without even counting the fantastic scenery surrounding it (or the train decking) ! I really love how that hollow box rail resonates as the train goes along, too. Glad they put that in the game.

So, is this the end of the whole park or just this one ride/area? I hope you continue it somehow ;).

I only noticed 1 problem. Just before you go into the final brake shed before returning to the station, a few tree leaves poke up through the track. This only stood out because the rest of everything is so perfect :).

Top Bottom