Walls, roofs etc.

Discussion started with a few other players, don't know if this has been suggested here in forums already, assuming so but:

Would it be possible to, rather than have like 1000 different wall pieces and roof pieces with the different textures etc. put in place the basic shapes they all share (1m wall, 2m wall, 4m wall, etc.) and then when you select that piece, alongside from choosing the color, you could choose the texture for it?

It would significantly shrink down the size of the inventory in build menus as well as make it easier to change between textures when you are trying to make a decision.

It also is an annoyance when you have the same roof slops for like 5 different roof pieces, but then 1 of the textures you decide you want to use is the ONLY roof style that doesn't have the inward corner. This would solve the problem of certain roof textures not having a full set of piece options.

I apologize if there is already a thread for this, but I just think this kind of system would be easier for everyone, builders and possibly devs as well. Maybe there is a reason they can't code for it, but it seems to me like it would be easier than trying to maintain a growing inventory of items.

+1 for the great idea of textures (maybe a folder for custom ones) to get a smaller Inv!
What I really miss is to "resize" objects!!!
You would just need one piece of wall, texture it with your thought and resize it in length, width or height!

Totally agree on all points ...

The inventory is constantly in the way as I'm creating on a smaller screen. This would make it so much easier (and logical) to use.

PLEASE developers - consider putting this on your "to-do" list. [yesnod]

this certainly would cut down on the scrolling when tryign to get the bottom most objects so im on board!

It has been asked for. I don't know why they can't but even since Alpha we have been asking. It is stupid to have them separated like this tbh.

I would also really like to see the Sims 4 way of creating a wall, adding chamfered corners, dragging walls across the grid to change size. You can still replace wall sections with say a window section but then you can drag that wall with that attached if you wanted. It seems to make more sense to me.

It means roofs can be dynamic too.

The whole UI needs though to be sorted and organised better as it's such a mess it is a chore to work though in honesty.

It has been asked for. I don't know why they can't but even since Alpha we have been asking. It is stupid to have them separated like this tbh.

Yeah, I had assumed it was, but didn't want to take the time to look back for it. And like I mentioned the idea wasn't even fully mine lol. Hopefully if we can keep posting about it and keep re-iterating the point, maybe they will at the very least be able to explain why they cannot do it.

Top Bottom