Want to take part in the Cone sector excitement whether you board the Gnosis or not?... READ THIS!

CESS.png

Greetings Commanders,
and welcome to the Cone Expedition Support Services.
A Cavaliers Le Chardon and Prismatic Impirium community initiative.

Although the expedition out to the permit locked zone is an exciting prospect, it is not one that everyone is ready for or willing to commit to for an entire month. That is why we have decided to found this community effort to ensure that the most people have the opportunity to experience the Cone sector, and also so the Commanders brave enough to head there can call on some support and company if they find themselves alone and outgunned.

THERE WILL BE NO ALLEGIANCE PREJUDICE HERE. BE YOU A CITIZEN OF THE EMPIRE, FEDERATION OR ALLIANCE...
YOU ARE WELCOME!

THIS IS MORE OF AN OVERALL HUMANITARIAN MISSION KEEPING IN WITH THE THEME OF THE OFFICIAL CANONN GROUP.

WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?

• Commanders not yet ready to venture out will not have to miss out on this potentially once in a life time opportunity.

• Commanders in the Cone sector will have access to a much larger community of players to regularly fly with. Making the expedition less
    dangerous/expensive and less lonely.

• With more hands on deck, even more of the mysteries of the Cone sector should be uncovered.

• Commanders in search of a player group or larger community will have access to more friends within a completely co-operative environment.

• Have the chance to help make Elite history and turn what is already one of the most anticipated events into one of the largest galactic community initiatives.

AS THIS OPERATION RELIES ON THE PILOT FEDERATION'S TELEPRESENCE NETWORK, YOU MAY JOIN AND TAKE PART RIGHT UP UNTIL THE FINAL HOUR...AND MAYBE EVEN BEYOND.

To make it easier to keep track of the community and our efforts, we have set up an official Discord with several channels including:

• Crew and Pilot lounge for organising co-operative activity.

• Space available for an embassy for every official wing participating.

• News feed to keep members up to date with any excitement or updates during the expedition.

• Galleries to showcase your expedition photos, bug hinting skills and PvP trophies.

• A cantina for general chat and organising group objectives.

• A shipyard for sharing all of your expedition builds

WE WILL CONSIDER RP BASED ROOMS ON APPLICATION

OFFICIAL DISCORD LINK

We have also implemented a simple to use roles system that will help keep track of which members are offering/ requiring assistance during the expedition.

WHICH ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?

• CREW - Members assigned this role will be able to assist PILOTS out in the Cone sector via telepresence when required. They may also wish to request to join a crew for purposes such as AX training, exploration or role play interactions.

• RAPID RESPONSE - This role is reserved for CREW who are willing to interrupt their own activity in order to assist Cone PILOT in an emergency. This role does not have to be permanent, members will be added to a white list that Commanders may add to their in game friends list to ensure fast telepresence response.

• PILOT - Members travelling to the Cone sector will be assigned this role and be able to request the aid of CREW and RAPID RESPONSE members to assist with their operations in uncharted space.

• AMBASSADOR - These members will be responsible for mediating between their player group and the PRINCIPALS. You will also serve as the voice and representative for your wing. Limit to 1-3 per wing (dependant on wing participation)

• PRINCIPAL - This role is aimed more towards Commanders who wish to also have an administrative role within the organisation. You will be responsible for assisting with promotion, source gathering, news reporting and managing the operations. If you believe this role would be mutually beneficial for you and the CESS please contact CMDR Jayce Reveur

We truly hope that that this operation fullfills its potential and makes a difference during the time that the Gnosis is in the Cone sector, and for that we need you... With support already pledged from AXI, Prismatic Imperium, Cavaliers Le Chardon and many independent Commanders Join Today, Prosper Always!

Last edited:
I’m in. Was just going to start a “is anyone at all from PS gunna be heading to the cone sector” thread.

Looking forward to getting eaten alive by a Hydra!

Im thinking about it. Would be in my unarmed AspX if so. Going to finish my Fed ranking tonight, so a litle exploring in alien-land would be a nice change.

Last edited:
Im thinking about it. Would be in my unarmed AspX if so. Going to finish my Fed ranking tonight, so a litle exploring in alien-land would be a nice change.

As and when I can get on (I work full time welding and have a mrs an two kids) I will happily provide what protection I can mate.

Will be in an Krait rigged with anti tharg weapons, send me a req on PSN if u want, name is the same on here.

Roll up, Roll up! Come and get blasted to the back of beyond by big and scary new Thargoid interceptors!

I don't understand this. AFAIK, the Gnosis was headed to an area of space which was permit locked. The only way to get there was by being on the Gnosis when it set off. So what are you actually asking for? Explain it to me like I'm five.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I don't understand this. AFAIK, the Gnosis was headed to an area of space which was permit locked. The only way to get there was by being on the Gnosis when it set off. So what are you actually asking for? Explain it to me like I'm five.

Multicrew?

I thought about taking my alt character but it has no vessels even remotely capable of looking at Thargoids.

Edit: There is also still time to get to Outotz ST-I d9-4 by the 6th as the Gnosis is currently not in a permit locked system (see https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ermit-Lock-!?p=6924446&viewfull=1#post6924446)

Last edited:
Never done multi crew. What’s gunning like? It looks rather fiddly on the YouTube I’ve seen.

I think the op was just trying to encourage more people to go
I've hastily made an alt and sent it off last Thursday in case they find something worth looking at.

I'm still in two minds about hopping on the Gnosis before thursday. On one hand, there's much that could happen, but on the other hand the probability there won't be much interesting going on at all is also high. I'm also not sure which ship(s) I would take. Pure explorer for fast travel? Anti-tharg-loadout? PvP loadout to deal with the muppets in Open? Do I fly one ship there and transport another one or two over? Or just ship the additional modules needed for those roles?

Anyway, kudos to the people organising this as a player event. Personally, even if I go, I won't participate at that level, it just seems a bit too...organised for my taste, if you catch my meaning. Won't stop me from dropping by some other players I meet to chat and help out if needed though ;)

haha to the point, I like it.
Basically if you are headed out there you are designated "pilot" and your mum will let you have your friends (or "crew") over.
If you are staying in the bubble... you are those said friends and can telepresence in.

haha to the point, I like it.
Basically if you are headed out there you are designated "pilot" and your mum will let you have your friends (or "crew") over.
If you are staying in the bubble... you are those said friends and can telepresence in.

My bad

I'm on the Gnosis right now in my Keelback with an SLF, in case somebody wants to join me in multicrew should there be anything exciting to see once we arrive at our destination. This assumes MC works, because it was very broken last time I tried it (it took half a dozen attempts to get a crewmate on board without him crashing to main menu).

Ah OK. I'll be setting off on Autumn Odyssey on Sunday so I doubt I will have the time given the waypoints for AO are a few thousand light years apart and I don't have an alt CMDR.

Three system rumour? If this is true why bother?

I am Elite+ and would like to explore the cone but nah.

IIRC, the Gnosis will be parked there for 4 weeks, which is a long time to be "out of the game" for anyone playing on a regular basis. That's why I'm on Gnosis - I'm otherwise not playing the game, so I have nothing to lose. I'll probably ride the Gnosis out to the Formidine Rift and back, since I doubt I'll be doing any serious gameplay until Q4 drops. At least this way, I'll have a few hours of new and novel experiences in the meantime.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Three system rumour? If this is true why bother?

I am Elite+ and would like to explore the cone but nah.

I have not researched it but, I thought the area was a lot bigger than that? Where did the three system rumour come from?

Half the point of this community venture is to ensure there is plenty of community organised events out there in case things do not go how we expect (which does happen from time to time...). So we will make sure nobody gets bored... even if it does turn out to be 3 systems.

I am in the process of creating 16 commendations and a free online Honour role system that will always be there to mark the contributions to this expedition.
We have events planned linked to some of these commendations over the course of our time there and even a pool of frontier store rewards to give away... In fact out 101st member won a new Irridescant skin earlier today.

These will be available to either crew or pilots, and in some cases both... dependant on the activity required.

Keep tuned tomorrow for some updates with an official logo and some of the available commendations and prizes.
o7 CMDR Jayce Reveur

Nice one Jayce, I rarely wing up with anyone, would be good to venture into the unknown and hopefully meet some new CMDRS.
I plan to get to genois weds evening, then see what the craic is out there thursday onwards. At least till I do something stupid or get battered back to the bubble by some form of alien!
Thats assuming if u hit the rebuy screen and it boots you back to the bubble, or will I respawn on the genois? Either way, I’m going, too good a chance to miss.

o7

I have not researched it but, I thought the area was a lot bigger than that? Where did the three system rumour come from?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/443442-Riding-the-Gnosis-into-the-Cone-Sector/page6

I had heard the same rumor from about 2 or 3 of the two dozen other threads about this trip. I took a look around there on the map but didn't see anything that was unlocked. If that's true, i.e., if there ARE three systems to jump to and explore that creates a slightly more sticky problem for us explorers: The target star that the Gnosis is going to be located in is still permit-locked, so if we jump FROM that system, we might not be able to get BACK to that system for the trip out.

Top Bottom