Wanted and shipped 500LY instantly for shooting a Thargoid Scout

Hmmm, maybe so, but the NPC would have had to have been shooting at me then because I was only targeting enemies.
Is it possible you've become hostile with a local faction?
I know I got hostile with some factions due to recent CG's.

This'd make them start out red wouldn't it?

I think its wrong to be sent 500ly+ instantly to prison for a 200cr fine.
I was going to write how it could be fixed, then I remembered that is pointless here so didn't.
Personally, I think they need to revamp the system and only put you into prison for high fines.
If your bounty is over 100,000 ok sure prison makes sense anything less than that it should simply keep adding up and prevent you from using station services until paid off.

With that said it they could flesh it out even further if the prision ship goes through Allied ( to you ) space. There is a chance of a "Prision break" quest where Allied pirates break you out, get you into a Side Winder and you fight your way out to the nearest allied port where your ship is waiting.
Others keep pointing out that I was not paying attention at that moment, which is something I freely admitted in my original post. No one is paying perfect attention all the time.
Posts like the ones I just quoted here are speaking more closely to the point I was trying to make.

Others keep pointing out that I was not paying attention at that moment, which is something I freely admitted in my original post. No one is paying perfect attention all the time.
Posts like the ones I just quoted here are speaking more closely to the point I was trying to make.
Yer it costs millions to transport a ship 500ly and takes hours.
Yet Prison does it instantly for a 200cr Bounty.

Somethings not quite right there :)

I personally think that the whole C&P system is stupid and needs a complete redesign from the ground up. But I susopect i am in the minority on this one.

What about the case, I noticed this one Saturday, where you are immediately fined for a thargoid kill?

The first time this happened I thought maybe I was scanned when returning the the Golden Stag (we know why its golden now), but Saturday, I was fined either immediately upon killing the interceptor or picking up its heart.

No npcs were in the area, I had not yet left the instance. I was not scanned.

Top Bottom