Wanted and shipped 500LY instantly for shooting a Thargoid Scout

I'm in Onoros doing the CG, dropped into a NHSS and started shooting Thargoid scouts ... TOO QUICKLY ... I think. I didn't realize I was wanted until I'd landed at the Megaship for the CG that I was wanted and I was not thinking clearly at the moment, so I tried to pay the fine and was sent to detention ~500LY away.

When it happened, I just burst out laughing and the absurdity of the bug / feature and that I was too preoccupied with other things to realize my mistake and didn't leave to find the Interstellar Factors about 30LY away.

All this trouble for a 200CR bounty for shooting a Thargoid Scout too fast.

LOL

Last edited:
images (23).jpg

And Frontier SAYS they're against instantaneous fast travel! :ROFLMAO:

I knew about this fast travel feature. I was just too preoccupied and got caught by it.

The part I think is the bug is the getting wanted for shooting Thargoid Scouts ... the part I'd forgotten about ... not the "fast travel".

Colonia Highway?

Also Quantis, I got fined a lot for carrying thargoid heart and probes. Witch is more odd (see that word play ;-)

Hmmm, maybe so, but the NPC would have had to have been shooting at me then because I was only targeting enemies.

A while back I thought there was a bug where you could get a bounty for shooting an aggressive target before your scanner had completely scanned it even if it was a Thargoid. I recalled, maybe incorrectly, that this had happened to me before.

Hmmm, maybe so, but the NPC would have had to have been shooting at me then because I was only targeting enemies.

A while back I thought there was a bug where you could get a bounty for shooting an aggressive target before your scanner had completely scanned it even if it was a Thargoid. I recalled, maybe incorrectly, that this had happened to me before.
Take a look at your logs.

There is the 'Penitent' detention center is at Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-79.
Good to know in case one ends up there and plans to get back.

Yep, that's the one I landed at.

Decided to take the old school scenic route back to Onoros instead of having me carrier make four jumps to pick me up and take me back.
The 600+LY (not ~500LY like I said earlier) was faster too even with hull tanked Anaconda.

Last edited:
I think its wrong to be sent 500ly+ instantly to prison for a 200cr fine.
I was going to write how it could be fixed, then I remembered that is pointless here so didn't.

Personally, I think they need to revamp the system and only put you into prison for high fines.
If your bounty is over 100,000 ok sure prison makes sense anything less than that it should simply keep adding up and prevent you from using station services until paid off.

With that said it they could flesh it out even further if the prision ship goes through Allied ( to you ) space. There is a chance of a "Prision break" quest where Allied pirates break you out, get you into a Side Winder and you fight your way out to the nearest allied port where your ship is waiting.

Top Bottom